Chanel Eyeshadows

Monsy

I tought reselling returned cometics regardless of whether used or not used by customer was illegal due to health reasons.
nope not at all. i've never heard of that

using testers would be illegal too for the same reason

Shypo

But testers aren't sold......

And yes, re-selling used cosmetics is probably something some government agency would like to know about - that is a really shady practice if it's condoned and/or encouraged by retailers.......

Winthrop44

When you're dealing with a tester it's pretty much understood it's teeming with bacteria. You assume something you buy is not.

Monsy

I agree. I am not saying it's right I am just saying how it's been done... that it does not surprise me if someone buys something and then suspects it's been used.

Ikram

Thats so gross. Then it looks like it is better to buy at drug store where things are sealed.

Shypo

I'm probably not the best one to base it on, but I had a terrible time with that duo - it applied patchy, and the lighter, shimmery color didn't show up at all, even over primer. I hated it (and returned it) but I loved the way the colors looked in the compact - those tones are usually right up my alley, but I just couldn't make it work.

Bonitinha

I am a little grossed out by the fact that companies are re-selling used makeup. I know many stores in the US let you return cosmetics even if you tried them, but I thought they were supposed to toss them!

Monsy --
Did you ever here back from Chanel about the quad?

Monsy

Nope I did not call them again. I got sick and I have 5 month old that got sick too so I am super exhausted.

JulieDiva

i am sorry for the offtopic

has is everyone liking misty soft duo? is it must have?

I bought this duo on my last cross border trip, as the new spring Quad wasn't in yet. The tester was, and the misty/soft duo is very, very similar to two shades of the new quad....actually, i have the summer browns duo from last summer's collection, and the 4 together are a nice dupe for the new spring quad.( a mix of cool and warm browns, but still workable)
Is the misty/soft duo a newer item? i never noticed it before?

Bonitinha

I have Dunes also. It has that peachy shade that warms it up -- I love it especially during summer. I have all of the neutral quads, I think -- and I really use all of them!

miss o

I am now to this so excuse my error.I believe Chanel is quality.I love the grey/midnight blue pallet.However, I can apply make up.I know to take no notice of standard rules ie crease bone&blend.Trouble with make up is that u have to use it to accentuate Ur eyes,ur eye shape.These make up tips one finds are mass generalisation&I wonder if anyone else despises subtle!!! Miss O

miss o

8abb09f0_PicsArt_1360874207944.jpeg
My current fave quads are Reflet D'ombres and Winter Nights.

miss o

Ladies, I hope you all realise that men are not the key to happiness, but Chanel eyeshadow!! Now seriously.I have made myself happy by using Grey, dark blue chanel shadow.A smashbox photo finish primer, topped with Nars Matt foundation&just to add a little fun a blue. sparkly eyeliner.I feel good.Enjoy Ur day.x

Dominique33

I love Prelude -- I think Raffinement is right up there, too :) They are so blendable, which I love (some of my older Chanel quads seem to have a bit of a different texture). Do you own Enchanted? I don't have any TF products. That quad tempted me, though ;)
I think they've changed the formula. Raffinement and Fascination are blendable yes but the others I have well, it works well but they are not so easily blendable.
I don't have Enchanted, I couldn't find it anymore. It looks gorgeous, but hopefully there will be other gorgeous Tom Ford quads and maybe some repromotes !
As for the Chanel quads I really think the formula is now different. Prélude is very classy, I don't have it but yes it's very pretty indeed.