Chanel Fall 2011

User38

Elegant dear, I will hire a Mariachi band for ya
drinkup.gif

RedVelvet, the technology of the es is similar to GA cream to powder ones ... they are basically pigments mixed in with a mouse type cream (trying to use colloquial..sorry) to make them buttery smooth on application and with excellent wearability.. these should be awesome!

Ty Meggy.. but I don't arrive home till tomorrow... I am just logging on stateside now
cheerleader.gif
I should be back in my office on Thursday.. hopefully!

katred

Specktra Bestie
WOW. The cream shadow and the nail polish will. be. mine. I am a complete sucker for any pewter shades, so it's all I can do not to go hunt down where these products are being kept and organise a midnight raid.

Miss QQ

Very excited about the cream pots! And Graphite, and the new lipsticks - I hope they aren't dry since they're matte.

Hi HG! Welcome back. Get well soon!

RedVelvetX

Thanks HG, they sound great!
This is one Fall collection that i'll be definitely looking forward to.

elegant-one

Elegant dear, I will hire a Mariachi band for ya
drinkup.gif

RedVelvet, the technology of the es is similar to GA cream to powder ones ... they are basically pigments mixed in with a mouse type cream (trying to use colloquial..sorry) to make them buttery smooth on application and with excellent wearability.. these should be awesome!

Ty Meggy.. but I don't arrive home till tomorrow... I am just logging on stateside now
cheerleader.gif
I should be back in my office on Thursday.. hopefully!

Sweet -
dance.gif
rasta.gif
party.gif
th_DANCE.gif
but everyone has to dance with me

The es sound dreamy...I love Pewter colors too

User38

oh, the technology is sweet.. I love these and have a few, also in dark bronze, deepened amethyst/grey .. it has not been perfected yet for colour without any shimmer so expect slight shimmer.

hell no, I dance alone or with a one legged partner.. unless you only have one leg Elegant maam?
girlhaha.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

^^^ HerGreyness, do you know if it's harder to make e/s shades without shimmer?
001_unsure.gif
Is that why it's so hard for brands to make great matte eyeshadows and so many of them end up chalky or patchy?
th_confused_new.gif

According to my blog feed reader, the gunmetal cream shadow is called Epatant:

"Philips turned to Épatant, a gunmetal shade from his new-for-autumn Illusion d’Ombre cream eye shadow collection, which he mixed with two of the range’s other shimmering shades in white and black to create the focal point of the look. “They come with an applicator, but I prefer to use my finger,” Philips said of the mousse-y pigments, which can go on thick for opacity or sheered out for transparency. “You can actually use it as an eyeliner, too,” he pointed out—dipping an angled brush into the sparkling onyx pot and scrawling it across the upper lash line."

Source: http://www.style.com/beauty/beautycounter/2011/03/a-metallic-moment-backstage-at-chanel/

Shypo

Thanks for all the great info on the cream shadows! They sound very interesting.....

HG, I am glad you're back but sorry you are feeling bad - I hope you feel better soon! Can't wait to hear what news you have to tell us!

User38

C! ~~ always nice to be back.. but still one more day before I go home.. am in NYC now
angelic.gif
alone, and just got back from a "shopping" expedition, not for me, but for work.

msqqq..
wavey.gif
-- I think the es will be wonderful and a good product for all to have.. think of them this way: they combine the ease of a paint pot, with the colour and stability of an es. perfection... the colours are shimmery -- not good for me personally but certainly not the high shimmer/glitter of the MAC Champale pps.. eek.
How are you doing with the skin whitening products? I am still using my acid drops every other night on my skin, and I have gone back to my normal shade... lol -- which means I have the wrong foundation colour... but I did get the G. Parure in my normal shade, so am mixing with Chanel now until I get the B10 for a mixer. Shame that Chanel still won't pay me to work on some of their foundation shades.. lol
hmm.gif

User38

HoneyLemon -- It is much much easier to disguise the texture of a product with shimmer, glimmer or glitter.. and that is exactly why I have such battles with textures. Creamy wonderful matte shades cost an arm and a leg because of the production process.. so you will notice many products have a lot of shimmer (especially the less expensive lines) in order to put out a nice product.... these don't win our stars tho!

elegant-one

According to my blog feed reader, the gunmetal cream shadow is called Epatant:

"Philips turned to Épatant, a gunmetal shade from his new-for-autumn Illusion d’Ombre cream eye shadow collection, which he mixed with two of the range’s other shimmering shades in white and black to create the focal point of the look. “They come with an applicator, but I prefer to use my finger,” Philips said of the mousse-y pigments, which can go on thick for opacity or sheered out for transparency. “You can actually use it as an eyeliner, too,” he pointed out—dipping an angled brush into the sparkling onyx pot and scrawling it across the upper lash line."

Source: http://www.style.com/beauty/beautycounter/2011/03/a-metallic-moment-backstage-at-chanel/
I just love that whole description ^^^^. I use my fingers for everything too

Hellolover

Oh Graphite shall be mine!!!
I love how some bloggers are like "put your name on the wait list"... Ive never had any problem with getting any "best sellers" chanel polishes. In fact I still see Black pearl all over town. not even sold out. Sometimes they have Particuliere hidden there as well.

strix

Everything looks stunning, especially those new shadows...and I usually avoid cool colors, but those are so gorgeous!

So, Chanel has a pre-fall and a fall makeup collection? (I saw the list of upcoming collections at All Glam) That's confusing but the more makeup for us, the better!

Ingenue

OMG this is going to kill me! I want everything. That nail polish looks amazing. I love Black Pearl... I bet I'll love that one even more. I need to call my Chanel SA NOW!
jawdrop.gif

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by strix

So, Chanel has a pre-fall and a fall makeup collection? (I saw the list of upcoming collections at All Glam) That's confusing but the more makeup for us, the better!

Do you have a link by any chance?

Honey&LemonGirl

[EDITED!]

Sorry my posts are all just trickles of information today!

It looks like the fall collex will be available in July. So far, the list is:

ILLUSION D’OMBRE in Epatant
ILLUSION D’OMBRE in Mirifique
ILLUSION D’OMBRE in Fantasme
LE CRAYON YEUX Precision Eye Definer in Khaki Platine
CRAYONS SOURCILS
LE VERNIS Nail Colour in Graphite

Not positive when these guys will release, but we should look forward to them as well:

Les 4 Ombres in Topkapi
Joues Contraste Blush in Or, Rouge, Mocha
Soin Tendre Levres
Le Vernis in shade #437 Coromandel (repromote)
24-carat liquid gold eyeliner
Lumieres Byzantines Palette

The Rouge Velvets are probably going to accompany a holiday collex, or come out on their own in November?
th_confused_new.gif
I know the month is November though. The color used in fashion week is below:
ROUGE ALLURE VELVET in La Furtive

Source: Cafe Makeup, http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/daily-beauty-cat/chanel fall-2011-makeup-collection-sneak-peek/

RedVelvetX

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-R14Or0cz1bw/TXg0fgRcLuI/AAAAAAAAIlU/G00ya7FqDG0/s1600/chankle+nails+3.jpg
An up close picture of the Graphite nail polish

Shypo

HG re: shimmer in shadows - very interesting! That's why it's so hard to find a nice matte shadow - you can get the color, but the texture is always at stake. I personally like a bit of 'gleam' - and I think it's because I like the texture and blendability of more shimmery shadows. I don't always get the look I want with straight-up mattes.

I always learn something from you HG!! Thank you!

RedVelvet - thanks for that link - that polish is gorgeous! Add another one to my list!!

I think it's funny we're thinking about Fall collections when the Summer ones aren't out yet.
cheerleader.gif