Chanel Fall 2011

strix

The polish is so pretty!
I love colors that are unique and look like someone put some thought into creating them.

Miss QQ

That closed up of Graphite reminds me of kaleidoscope!

HoneyLemon -- It is much much easier to disguise the texture of a product with shimmer, glimmer or glitter.. and that is exactly why I have such battles with textures. Creamy wonderful matte shades cost an arm and a leg because of the production process.. so you will notice many products have a lot of shimmer (especially the less expensive lines) in order to put out a nice product.... these don't win our stars tho!
Interesting! Thanks! I'm just curious does this apply to japanese makeup too? There are very expensive jap cosmetics brand, the e/s quads cost about the same as Chanel's, only a few bucks less in my currency, but they are usually very shimmery and unpigmented, eg, lunasol (which belongs to the larger company kanebo.
http://www.lunasol-net.com/en/product/pointmake/eyes.html

User38

msqqq.. I have been using the Revive serum, and then use the Revive night cream to which I add three drops of Hyalonuric Acid which I get from www.makeupmania.com -- they have lots of really interesting products which I have used and do recommend for peelings etc. I have never ever gotten a facial from anyone other than myself
001_unsure.gif
-- maybe I should have, but I don't think that this service would have increased the health and longevity of my skin any more than it is now.. plus I have saved thousands, lol !

I always wear Shiseido spf 55 sunblock for face -- sometimes in very sunny weather I wear a Neutrogena spf 90 on top.. not that I don't like tans.. I would love to be tanned, but I burn easily and do not wish to croak from melanoma
ohboy.gif
You do not need sunblock to sleep with, and if you use a product like Shiseido or any sunblock with Titanium Dioxide, you must use an oil (Shiseido makes one specially for this) to remove all traces of the TD and mu.
I use the Shiseido undereye sunblock also whenever I go outside.. but not at night. I don't use an eye cream with spf but if it's there, fine.. you see the products (Es, paint pot, base ) all act as a protective barrier for the eye area (top lids) but the concealers are not so protective on the undereye area. The sunspots undereyes are more complex and will require more work cause this area has no sebaceous glands and is prone to drying/lining. So be extra careful.

Do write to Eva Denst at makeupmania and ask for her reccs... she is excellent.

as refers the Japanese products -- I have worked with Kanebo and tried some of their products as well as lunasol.. there is a very fine line to develop fine matte products and fine shimmer products.. both require expensive ingredients to develop and that's why I don't work with them at all.. lol. They don't invest in the product development and put out shimmery/glittery products.

HTH
friends.gif

Shypo

^^ oooo, those are pretty! Are they not as pigmented? They look lovely but the proof is in the swatch and on the lid!

Thanks for the info and the link HG - I'm going to look into that. I have a couple of stubborn 'age spots' that don't respond to anything, and I'm thinking of seeing a dermatologist to have them lasered. Maybe this is an alternative.....

I also use Neutrogena's 90SPF for bright sunlight or extended time in the sun. My daily routine consists of Neutrogena's Retinol tinted SPF50 moisturizer.

JennsJewelz

thud.gif
!!! Graphite will be mine. I think it will be the thing that makes me cave into everything Chanel. Oh dear. lol!

Shypo

^^ It is one of the hazards of the line.....starts with a np or lippie, and turns into mania.
th_crazy.gif

And HG, we're going to be like Noah's Ark: Beagle blush, Elephant e/s .....
girlhaha.gif
.....I love that! And I cannot wait to see these - it sounds like you really like them!

User38

you are most welcome C!
friends.gif

my sister likes her Boy, and gets a kick out of saying she is going to apply her Boy.. lol. I also sent her my bu of Narcisse and some body creams - her skin is so dry
ssad.gif

am at airport -- waiting for my plane -- this waiting is soooo boring. Where's ms. Elegant?

Shypo

^^Ahhhhhh......no sexy Argentine to ask your opinion/language skills this time, eh? Probably more like creepies in NYC
rofl.gif
. Safe travels home!! I'm so glad your sister likes her Boy - and what great gifts for her! I have to break out my Narcisse.....must also check out Imprevu.......

User38

C!.. yea, Guido, Mario and Fiorentino are following me around.. as well as Pancho and gang
lmao.gif

the Argentinian..?? who is that?

lmao.. full story at 11
holysheep.gif

Hellolover

Hellolover, nailpolishes ceased to be a LE item unless specifically noted.

I wonder if Graphite and the other 2 shades mentioned on several blogs is actually the "fashion Night out" collection for this year?
Im dying to know what the other shades will be like. i hope it's not gold, as chanel already had that gold polish a few years ago.

shadowaddict

Quote:
WOW. The cream shadow and the nail polish will. be. mine. I am a complete sucker for any pewter shades, so it's all I can do not to go hunt down where these products are being kept and organise a midnight raid.
I was thinking the same thing. Oh my, I just had to pop over to this thread. I'm in trouble now. These look gorgeous.
pretty.gif

Miss QQ

^^ oooo, those are pretty! Are they not as pigmented? They look lovely but the proof is in the swatch and on the lid!

Thanks for the info and the link HG - I'm going to look into that. I have a couple of stubborn 'age spots' that don't respond to anything, and I'm thinking of seeing a dermatologist to have them lasered. Maybe this is an alternative.....

I also use Neutrogena's 90SPF for bright sunlight or extended time in the sun. My daily routine consists of Neutrogena's Retinol tinted SPF50 moisturizer.
Here you can see swatches of the spring collection, including the e/s quads. This blogger has very good swatches, and you can see her skin and paper swatches. I can't get the e/s to show up on the back of my hand like her, mine is just shimmer, but the darkest colour shows up a bit.

http://haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/28071537

User38

msqqq.. I like their ls/lgs.. but not their powder formulations as they are too high on shimmer and low on pigment.

marajode dear -- I have been awol for a few days but just realized that you had some sort of accident.. I hope all is better or on the mend
friends.gif

elegant-one

Ms. Elegant was being lazy last night :) I just noticed in that link pics that the models are wearing Shine ls in that Royal ... Color (sp?) I liked that color in the ls tubes pic we had. So nice to see Jenn & shaddowaddict here......

shadowaddict

Quote:
msqqq.. I have been using the Revive serum, and then use the Revive night cream to which I add three drops of Hyalonuric Acid which I get from www.makeupmania.com -- they have lots of really interesting products which I have used and do recommend for peelings etc. I have never ever gotten a facial from anyone other than myself
001_unsure.gif
-- maybe I should have, but I don't think that this service would have increased the health and longevity of my skin any more than it is now.. plus I have saved thousands, lol !
I looked for this on that site. Am I missing something? I did a search for it but that did not come up.

User38

omg.. wait.. I gave you my graftobian site..lol -- I am so sorry

I will go get it... ok, it's: [email protected]

Elegant.. do you look like Brad Pitt or Gerard Butler.. yumm.. then I would pucker up
yahoo.gif
and kiss you.. lol