Chanel Fall 2011

elegant-one

There is nothing else atm that I am really lemming, and don't plan on even looking at the holiday pics or discussions, lol!

all I need is a nice pair of black boots with heels (maybe I'll ask DH when our anniversary roles around!) and desperately need a couple chunky sweaters!
girlhaha.gif
greengrin.gif
lol.gif
rofl.gif
<------- my laughter got progressively louder :)

Yes on the boots. Nothing like a gorgeous pair of black boots.

Miss QQ

I went back on Monday to pick up Illusoire! I figured I'd get it eventually, so got it over and done with! Funny, my counter had the collection in a back corner when I first saw it, and things swatched so differently under the lighting at that spot. Then they had it out in the main part of the counter, where the lighting is the regular dept store lighting, and things swatched better. The first time I tried Rose Ecrin JC, it looked almost peachy and i didn't like it at all. Then I tried it again, and it showed as a light mauvey pink, which is how it appears on my cheeks. At any rate, I'm done with this collection now, and as I mentioned before, done with major hauls for a long time. I'll pick up one velvet RA if I find a light enough shade that I like. There is nothing else atm that I am really lemming, and don't plan on even looking at the holiday pics or discussions, lol!

MissQQ, glad you are liking the Prelude quad as well! It's so funny how it really looks so pretty on but not all that pretty in the pan! I feel like I'm set for the fall now, all I need is a nice pair of black boots with heels (maybe I'll ask DH when our anniversary roles around!) and desperately need a couple chunky sweaters!
Enjoy Illusoire! You picked it up before I do. :) I don't need any new fall/winter clothings since it isn't that cold here, just cooler and wetter, so I can have the excuse of buying more makeup! lol.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I received my orders and LOVE the things I got from the fall collection. Graphite is aaahmazing, I absolutely love the formula, so easy to apply, where I was disappointed in Chanel's n/p a lot of the times before. Especially Mimosa and Morning Rose, I thought the texture was not good at all, or at least not worth the price. Peridot is also gorgeous, and so is Epatant. Sooo much glitter, but beautiful, I have to play around with it more and wear it with different bases, as it doesn't last super long and my skin and has quite some glitter fallout. I still want Illusoire and Emerveille.

Is Emerveille less shimmery than Epatant? I want it for a simple everyday look as just an all over lid wash, but if it's a glitter bomb like Epatant, I'll have to think about it.

One thing I am disappointed in is the eyelash curler. It is not like the Shu Uemura one at all, it doesn't have the sturdy, precise feel when you use it. More like a cheap drugstore one, and that for more than 40 Euro...
ohboy.gif
I kinda regret getting it, because that money was taken from my MAC me Over budget, which is now almost non existing. Oh well...

Miss QQ

^^ I didn't have any fallout with Epatant and it isn't glittery to me, but rather shimmery. I feel Fantasme and Myrifique has chunky glitters. Emerveille has a pearl shine instead so it isn't glittery, but since you have fallout with Epatant you should try it at the counter. Great that you love Graphite. I haven't worn it yet but I know I will love it too. On the eyelash curler, yeah it is quite lightweight and don't feel as sturdy as shu, but after using it for months I like it more. It doesn't pinch my lids. Can you return the curler?

bis

Oh :pompom: I could finally see the collection :D I got Graphite and now I am not sure about Peridot. I looks very gold in the bottle and I have no idea if I can wear it :dunno: Swatches Prelude and it has the same texture as Lagons, I had no idea that Chanel can make a satin texture with such an amazing payoff, I am really impressed. And hoping that it is not just the tester ;) The pots of the creme eyeshadows look super-cute, but somehow the colours of Epatant and Illusoire were just too familiar to get them. Maybe it was the lighting, maybe it was just too hot ;) Will get some more Chanel when I am traveling next. The collection is really a nice combination of beautiful neutrals with a twist. Well done Chanel :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
^^ I didn't have any fallout with Epatant and it isn't glittery to me, but rather shimmery. I feel Fantasme and Myrifique has chunky glitters. Emerveille has a pearl shine instead so it isn't glittery, but since you have fallout with Epatant you should try it at the counter. Great that you love Graphite. I haven't worn it yet but I know I will love it too. On the eyelash curler, yeah it is quite lightweight and don't feel as sturdy as shu, but after using it for months I like it more. It doesn't pinch my lids. Can you return the curler?
I don't know if I can return it, I ordererd from the UK. And since the shipping was expensive and I probably would have to pay the same for sending it back, I might as well keep it. Maybe I will like it better later on as well, even if it's not gonna be my favorite.

I'm definitely planning on checking out Emerveille and the other shades when I'll go to a counter, And also the Rouge Allure Velvets.

Winthrop44

Definitely give the curler more of a chance. I love mine. The light feel makes it seem like less of a torture dvice than any other one I've tried and the shape is perfect for my eyes. I can get much closer to the roots of my lashes without pinching myself than I've been able to with other curlers. I was very hesitant to get it because I felt like it was a rip-off, but now I'm glad I did.

Miss QQ

^^ good to hear you like the curler. It not pinching my lids like the shu one did is a major plus point for me. I think it is also cheaper than shu. But it doesn't curl my lashes as much, maybe because of the rubber strip. bis - great that you finally saw the collection! Let us know what you buy later on. I didn't get peridot and I passed Illusoire yesterday. I think I may be done with the collection. I will think about the cream shadows because shiseido has launched the new shimmering cream eyeshadows. I swatched a few of them and they have good pigmentation, and aren't as shimmery for most of the shades. They also seem to pick up easily with the usual eye brushes or fingers, which is a plus. Yup prelude has good payoff and texture like lagons. :) Nora - have you worn Illusoire? What you you think of it and is there any fallout? I wonder if it will be bruisy on me.

stv578

Miss QQ, sorry for the late response! We have been in Virgina since Friday enjoying some time with the kids!

I did try Illusoire before I left. It wasn't bruisy on me, but quite grey. I wore it on the outer half of my lid with a pale shimmery shade on the inner half. It was pretty, and not as shimmery as Epatant but still enough shimmer to give it some depth. I wouldn't consider it a must have, but I'll definitely use it through the fall and winter. It was also another quick to apply product.

I also discovered while here that the Chanel SA had given me the wrong RC shine the last time I went. I'm pretty upset, because I used it not realizing it's the wrong colour, so not sure if they will exchange it now. They ended up giving me the pale peachy pink shade, which is pretty, but just doesn't do anything for me.

Hope everyone is well.

Alisha1

I swatched the Prelude quad yesterday and it swatched great! I will hopefully pick it up next week! Can't wait :)

Alisha1

You have the baked formula in the UK, haven't you?

I want the US one... :-(

Yes we have the baked formula here, I was afraid that the quad would swatch horrible compared to the swatches I've seen online of the US one but I was completely taken back by it! I wish I could get it this week but my moneys tied due to the MAC Me Over collection :(

Heiaken

I have a problem. I can't afford all the tree n/p's from the fall collection but I can't decide what of them I can get. I'm gettin two max but it's so hard to decide between Peridot, Graphite and Quartz :(

Alisha1

I have a problem. I can't afford all the tree n/p's from the fall collection but I can't decide what of them I can get. I'm gettin two max but it's so hard to decide between Peridot, Graphite and Quartz :(
My MA said Graphite is the only one which is LE so maybe get that first and the rest later?

Anneri

Well, I absolutely love Graphite. It's so much more than a silver glitter polish!
I didn't get Quartz, so I can't say anything about that, but Peridot I got too. I was enamoured to the pics and swatches, but I'm not really sure whether I love or hate it. On me it's mostly green-gold, and although I got loads of compliments when I wore it earlier this week I'm not sure if it suits me. I definitely love Graphite best! It's an everyday colour for me, with Peridot I always have to think about what I'll wear because it can clash with your clothes.
So my advice is, get Graphite first!

Heiaken

Well.. I got Péridot and Quartz and love both, but I'm still thinking if I could strecth my wallet to fit Graphite to the budget. Of the three Quartz is my absolite favourite though :eyelove:

Miss QQ

I was told by a SA that only Graphite is LE, and I love Graphite most out of the three so I bought it. Haven't worn it yet though.

Lou - Can't wait for you to get Epatant!