Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Ingenue

You're welcome! I have to take Amber 94 back and trade it in. The SA gave me a sample of Beige Ambre 64... that'll last me for a few FOTD's for sure.

Winthrop44

I got samples of Beige 10 & Beige Rose 12. The BR12 looked more natural on me. The Beige 10 is more yellow based, but does neutralize the blues & redness.
The BR12 worked better on me too even though I have neutral to yellow undertones. Still a bit dark but not orange.

Ingenue

I wore Beige-Amber 64 today and it is PERFECT. Like... PERFECT. I am totally excited about this foundation! :eyelove:

Ingenue

Thanks Shontay! I think you're really going to love it. It's yellow... but not ORANGE. And it sets like a dream.

shontay07108

Do you think I should get the powder to go with it or should I just stick to my mufe hd powder? Do you think the Chanel powder is anything special?

Ingenue

I have the Chanel Powder in Dore... and I will say that it's a LOT of product for your money. It's a good powder. But if you like the MUFE HD powder then stick with that.

QueenOfSnark

Looks like I also spoke too soon, as Beige Ambre 54 ended up turning orange and dark on me. Went back today to get rematched and after going through Beige Ambre 44, 34, and Beige 60, Beige 60 was the one to come home with me as it looked the most natural compared to my neck. I guess the Beige Ambre series has too much orange for my liking. To my surprise when I went home and squirted Beige 60 and Nars Tahoe side by side Tahoe looked Tang orange in comparison--makes me wonder if it was the HG match I always swore it was. I'm quite happy with B60, and am confident I won't need to change this one out again, but I got samples of BA44 and 34 just in case.

QueenOfSnark

Cafe Makeup just posted swatches of all colors: http://cafemakeup.com/2011/09/28/chanel-perfection-lumiere-swatches/ I agree with her point that you have to let this foundation sit for at least 15-30 minutes to decide if the color's for you. I'm already thinking Beige 60 might be too light after all...and might have to go back again for Beige Ambre 34 or 24.

Miss QQ

The BR12 worked better on me too even though I have neutral to yellow undertones. Still a bit dark but not orange.
I thought BR12 look like a better match on her skin on cafemakeup pic's too, though she is warm toned. Maybe BR22 will be better on me than B20. Anyway I have no idea when we are getting this foundation

Winthrop44

I think the undertones in this foundation are a bit bizarre, or maybe it's that it oxidizes - at least on me. I know other people (including Amy at Cafemakep if I'm remembering correctly?) have said they aren't having problems with this oxidizing. I tried B10 and B12 side by side on my inner arm yesterday afternoon and B10 went on a bit orangey and quickly turned horrendously orangey. I've literally never ended up with a pink based shade as my best match like I have here, but that's the way it is.

QueenOfSnark

I think the undertones in this foundation are a bit bizarre, or maybe it's that it oxidizes - at least on me. I know other people (including Amy at Cafemakep if I'm remembering correctly?) have said they aren't having problems with this oxidizing. I tried B10 and B12 side by side on my inner arm yesterday afternoon and B10 went on a bit orangey and quickly turned horrendously orangey. I've literally never ended up with a pink based shade as my best match like I have here, but that's the way it is.
I totally agree. Not sure if it's actual oxidation or the color-adjusting properties claimed for this foundation, but the color in-bottle and on first application isn't the same color you get half an hour later. Which is why it's been such a PITA finding my right shade.

Ingenue

I think that it does oxidize a bit... Amber 94 turned me into a walking pumpkin after about half an hour. Beige Ambre is perfect for me... it's totally neutral. Beige Rose is hideous on me, as I have NO pink undertones whatsoever. I think that the Beige-Ambre series is best for yellow/cool orange undertones. Ambre will likely work best on people with red undertones.

Camnagem

Ingenue you look so lovely in the above pic!
sigh.gif

I'm waiting on samples of B10 and BR12 from a very kind SA who offered to ship them to me with an order of a few other things, yay! I can't wait to try it!

shontay07108

I think that it does oxidize a bit... Amber 94 turned me into a walking pumpkin after about half an hour. Beige Ambre is perfect for me... it's totally neutral. Beige Rose is hideous on me, as I have NO pink undertones whatsoever. I think that the Beige-Ambre series is best for yellow/cool orange undertones. Ambre will likely work best on people with red undertones.
:lol: It looked orange on me after awhile, too but I don't remember looking like a pumpkin. I knew it was off, but it wasn't screaming at me. I guess I have a ways to go before I can really see something like that. At least I was in the ballpark, though. :haha:

Ingenue

Ingenue you look so lovely in the above pic!
sigh.gif

I'm waiting on samples of B10 and BR12 from a very kind SA who offered to ship them to me with an order of a few other things, yay! I can't wait to try it!
Thank you! I think you will like the foundation. It has a LOVELY texture, and sets very nicely.

Ingenue

:lol: It looked orange on me after awhile, too but I don't remember looking like a pumpkin. I knew it was off, but it wasn't screaming at me. I guess I have a ways to go before I can really see something like that. At least I was in the ballpark, though. :haha:
I 'neutralized' Ambre 94 with an illuminizer (with a cool shimmer) and that worked very well. By itself though it was VERY orange.

QueenOfSnark

Ended up finally settling for Beige Ambre 34. Beige 60 dried too white, BA44 and 54 went the dreaded pumpkin route, and BA24 was too light. BA34 was just right, though I do wish it had a tad more yellow. Maybe using a yellow-toned primer will help. I hope Chanel MUAs advise people of this foundation oxidizing, and that they should walk around for a bit before deciding on a shade or there's going to be a LOT of annoyed customers out there. I know I was. :getyou:

Miss QQ

Sounds like it's tricky to find a shade that matches me best. I probably have to try BR10, BR12, B10, B20. And wait for an hour to see the results, lol... Congrats on those of you who found the perfect shade and loving the new foundation!

QueenOfSnark

Forgot to mention, in case anyone's curious--picked up the Poudre Universelle Compacte in Muscade and it has enough yellow and translucence to match my skin tone. Peeved that it's $10 more than the other colors unless buying it from Chanel's site , but it's wonderful as both a setting and mattifying/blot powder. Oiliness has been kept at bay for over 6 hours. The key is to press/pat the powder onto the skin with the puff, not wipe/buff. I'm super oily though, so if you're more on the combo/normal side you could probably get away with tossing the puff and using a travel kabuki.