Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Winthrop44

I am not having problems with darkening/stability with BR12, just the B10 went orange on me. I think it's more of a problem with certain pigments or something. Ingenue mentioned the Ambres as a problem too. You should give a BR shade a try HG.

Miss QQ

Miss QQ did you read Cafemakep today? Amy did match to a BR shade:

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/10/01/chanel-perfection-lumiere-initial-review-thoughts-and-musings/

I am actually starting to like this foundation more now that I'm wearing BR-12 applied immediately over well moisturized and primed skin, although I would jump for joy at a lighter shade.
Yeah, BR32, I thought it will be too dark. I'm pleased to know you found a way for this foundation to work on you.

HG - I apply foundation after my eye makeup is done, and don't use it on my eyelids and undereyes too. I want to try Guerlain after hearing your raves on their foundation.

Shadowy Lady

hey guys, long time no see yet again! I just got back from Italy and this is the first forum I'm visiting! I know you're all loving the perfection Lumiere but I'm still smitten with my Vitalumiere Aqua. I picked up a bottle in shade BR20 at the duty free in Dublin. BR20 is a much better match for me than my previous bottle of B20 coz it has more pink undertones. BR shades of VA are not available in Canada so I was happy to stock up in Europe.

Now back to reading all that I've missed the last 10 days....

Prettypackages

Have any of you had any problems with breakouts with the new foundation? I've just seen it and got sme samples, I can't wait to try it out. I also want to check out the powders.

Shontay, how does it compare to your fave MUFE foundations?

Prettypackages

I almost died on the spot tonight when I walked into Saks and saw the new foundations. I came away with a sample because Saks can be funny about their returns. I did try it on the side of my face and #94 Ambre seemed to be perfect. The nice saleslady gave me enough to do my face maybe 3 or 4 days. I got a good feeling about this. Even when I got home and looked in the mirror, it seemed to blend right into my skin. The texture is a dream. I think I will have to sit Mufe in a corner. I told the saleslady "I love Chanel. It's about time you guys acknowledged the existence of my people". I smiled, but I was dead serious. She said "I know" apologetically.
lol.gif
If all goes well tomorrow, I will be heading back to buy this foundation on Saturday.
th_e2cloud9.gif
I agree!!!

Prettypackages

Shontay!!!! AMBER 94 IS NOT OUR COLOR! It's Beige Amber 64... it is a PERFECT MATCH for me. I love it! I couldn't wait to get home and type this to you... I would have tweeted you had I known your twitter handle. Try Beige Amber 64 before you commit. No color correction needed. This is neutral enough to use alone.

I'd have to agree, I was looking at 94, and the MUA gave me 64 as well.

shontay07108

Have any of you had any problems with breakouts with the new foundation? I've just seen it and got sme samples, I can't wait to try it out. I also want to check out the powders.

Shontay, how does it compare to your fave MUFE foundations?
This foundation is more matte than the Mufe face and body. It also sets faster and feels lighter. I think it has a bit more coverage. Face and Body is still my favorite, but I prefer this over Mufe HD, though. I look like I have the skin of a 20 year old with the Face and Body stuff. I wore the Chanel foundation all day today and it looked really good. It looked even better after an hour or so of wear.

LMD84

i'm pretty sure that i read that we won't get this foundation in the uk until next year. at least it gives me a chance to use up my newest bottle of vl aqua foundation! :)

bis

i'm pretty sure that i read that we won't get this foundation in the uk until next year. at least it gives me a chance to use up my newest bottle of vl aqua foundation! :)
That is so weird and random. Just checked here and it seems to be available at some department shop site, but I could not click on it yet. Maybe they are still updating their site.

Miss QQ

^^ Hope you get to try it soon!

Lou - Not sure but my guess is I'm not getting Perfection Lumiere any time soon too. And I agree, it gives me chance to finish up my old foundations and try on the other new releases.

This foundation is more matte than the Mufe face and body. It also sets faster and feels lighter. I think it has a bit more coverage. Face and Body is still my favorite, but I prefer this over Mufe HD, though. I look like I have the skin of a 20 year old with the Face and Body stuff. I wore the Chanel foundation all day today and it looked really good. It looked even better after an hour or so of wear.
I swatched Face and Body once, and quite like it. I don't like MUFE HD, I bought a bottle of it. Now if I can get samples of Face and Body to try it on my face for a few days, I'll know if I want it. Good to hear you are enjoying chanel perfection lumiere.

Ingenue

^ agree with Ingenue to a certain extent since natural fibre gives a more airbrushed effect.. but.... I am really in love with my synthetic fibre brushes ..
The Louise Young version is synthetic. I think its the shape (huge domed head) that really makes it work so well. I love that thing. For the perfect 'airbrushed' effect though... you're right, nothing beats natural hairs.

shontay07108

^^ Hope you get to try it soon!

Lou - Not sure but my guess is I'm not getting Perfection Lumiere any time soon too. And I agree, it gives me chance to finish up my old foundations and try on the other new releases.  
I swatched Face and Body once, and quite like it. I don't like MUFE HD, I bought a bottle of it. Now if I can get samples of Face and Body to try it on my face for a few days, I'll know if I want it. Good to hear you are enjoying chanel perfection lumiere. 

HD goes on too thick for me all alone. I don't need/want that much coverage and it sticks to my dry skin in an unfortunate way. It works great with Mac Lustre Drops. The LD don't make my face greasy or overly shiny and it makes the HD go on smoother. I prefer F&B because it looks more like my skin, just better. When I was in class today, I was laughing and I put a piece of paper up to my forehead. I was like :shocked: when I noticed some of the Chanel foundation rubbed off on the paper. That's another difference between this and my 3 mufe foundations. None of those transfer for me. Not even the duo matte powder.

Ingenue

HD goes on too thick for me all alone. I don't need/want that much coverage and it sticks to my dry skin in an unfortunate way. It works great with Mac Lustre Drops. The LD don't make my face greasy or overly shiny and it makes the HD go on smoother. I prefer F&B because it looks more like my skin, just better. When I was in class today, I was laughing and I put a piece of paper up to my forehead. I was like :shocked: when I noticed some of the Chanel foundation rubbed off on the paper. That's another difference between this and my 3 mufe foundations. None of those transfer for me. Not even the duo matte powder.
It transferred for you? Hmmm, I don't have that issue. I use a 'very' thin layer of it though, because it totally adheres to my skin. I don't get any transfer once it's set. Takes about 5 minutes for it to set on my skin, but I'm VERY oily so I figure that's why.

shontay07108

It transferred for you? Hmmm, I don't have that issue. I use a 'very' thin layer of it though, because it totally adheres to my skin. I don't get any transfer once it's set. Takes about 5 minutes for it to set on my skin, but I'm VERY oily so I figure that's why.
Yeah, it did transfer. Nothing major, but I was surprised. I think I used a pretty light hand with it. The real test will be when I get caught in the rain.

Camnagem

So I tried my sample of B10 today and it's LOL in a bottle on me. OMG, after about 20 minutes or so I looked like I was eating cheetos and wiped the dust all over my face! So I washed that off and I'll try BR12 tomorrow and see how that goes. My skin gets angry if I try too many different things at once so it's better when I stagger testing. I have to say that even during my quick test it felt dry and almost a little patchy? Not sure if I like this yet...my normal to dry skin doesn't really need any help pulling it into the dry department, lol.

Winthrop44

Sounds alot like my experience with B10. Orange city. If you try BR12 over well moisturized skin and a primer like MAC Prep + Prime Skin I think you'll be much happier. I do what the MUAer's SA suggested and apply everything in quick order rather than letting anything sink in before applying the foundation. I still hesitate to wear it daily on my normal to dry skin with the alcohol content though, at least in cooler weather.

MaryJane

Sounds alot like my experience with B10. Orange city. If you try BR12 over well moisturized skin and a primer like MAC Prep + Prime Skin I think you'll be much happier. I do what the MUAer's SA suggested and apply everything in quick order rather than letting anything sink in before applying the foundation. I still hesitate to wear it daily on my normal to dry skin with the alcohol content though, at least in cooler weather.
I had the same problem.B10 looked perfect in the bottle but it turned orange on me. Not 'cheeto' orange but it was noticeable. I'm going to try Mac Matchmaker next, I have a sample of that. It acutally looks dark in the jar but we'll see.

User38

omg.. cheetoh orange.. changes.. oxidation.. masky..

I think I will pass until I run out of my 3 bottles of Guerlain

QueenOfSnark

I didn't get any transfer either, but like you I'm also quite oily. Been wearing Perfection Lumiere daily for about a week now and happy to report no breakouts! I'm quite happy with my purchase, and glad I jumped on it. Surprisingly I've quit using my beauty blender/foundation brushes and just apply with my fingers and blend with my 187. I think it might adhere better and longer than it's already great wear time if I wear a primer...going to try out Koh Gen Doh's yellow primer once Sephora's F&F rolls around in the next two weeks (10/20 according to MUA). Needing a travel kabuki for my Poudre Universalle Compacte and debating between Chanel's Petit Pinceau or Too Faced's retractable kabuki. Anyone have either of those and can share their thoughts? Chanel's pressed powder seems to be pretty hard (my ecotools kabuki barely picks up any product), so I'm probably thinking Chanel's travel kabuki would be best as I hear it's a stiffer brush..but I HATE how it's not retractable.