Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Winthrop44

^^ you're right! It turns out the new foundation is Vitalumiere Hydra, and it is indeed a cream foundation. I'm quite sure it is replacing Teint Innocent cream, since Vitalumiere Aqua replaced TI fluid. I didn't see the foundation in person yet, I only saw it from a distance as I was passing by the store. It looks like it comes in the same packaging as TI cream compact. I never had TI cream because I don't use cream foundation. Are they heavy? I may give this a go if I can get a sample.
Miss QQ have you tried this yet? I guess we're getting it next year.

Ashleybubbles83

i was looking at KarlaSugar's swatches for Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation, and i noticed there are shades for WOC! I'm wondering what might be the Chanel equivalent to NW50? anyone know?

shontay07108

i was looking at KarlaSugar's swatches for Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation, and i noticed there are shades for WOC! I'm wondering what might be the Chanel equivalent to NW50? anyone know?
you really have to test it in person. I don't think any kind of conversion chart or theories would be accurate. I recommend putting it on, walking around the store for a bit and then checking to see if it's right.

bis

After seeing the shades for the new foundation on Karlas website, I am confused. They look a lot lighter than on CafeMakeup and the B shades seem not to turn orange. I got a sample to try in B30 and the SA claimed it was a good match for me :shock: Well, we will see.

Winthrop44

Cafemakeup's are more accurate, at least on my monitor. They all look pinker on Karla's site than irl....which makes me wonder about the pinkness of the Guerlain highlighter too.

shontay07108

After wearing this a few more times, I don't think this foundation is dry skin friendly. I see I'm gonna have to put in some work here. My skin is in a rougher state than it was when I bought this, but my face is usually dry anyway. I find my Mufe Face and Body much more forgiving and it's not as...stiff as this formula. Still like it, but I have to use this when my skin is at it's best. Otherwise, I look dead.

QueenOfSnark

After wearing this a few more times, I don't think this foundation is dry skin friendly. I see I'm gonna have to put in some work here. My skin is in a rougher state than it was when I bought this, but my face is usually dry anyway. I find my Mufe Face and Body much more forgiving and it's not as...stiff as this formula. Still like it, but I have to use this when my skin is at it's best. Otherwise, I look dead.
Aww, that's unfortunate. Apparently it's indeed best for oilier skins...I've been getting compliments on my skin since I started wearing it. Though that might also be the new moisturizers I started using...hooray for oily but dehydrated skin. >_>

User38

Shontay.. that's too bad but if it doesn't work, you will find something better.

msqqq.. I think I am going to hold out for the new cream teint.. it looks soft and gives subtle coverage

jmarie

I have been using a sample of Perfection Lumiere and it dries my skin out. I am going to wait for the new cream teint.., also.

Shontay.. that's too bad but if it doesn't work, you will find something better.

msqqq.. I think I am going to hold out for the new cream teint.. it looks soft and gives subtle coverage

User38

jmarie.. I never swatch anything on my face but do apply to my hands and arms.. I had a devil of a time looking for the right "oxidation level" ... lmao -- which is what the lovely SA told me.. I nearly fell over. Everything turned orangey or too pinky on my arms and they looked kinda sorta crusty.. like washed out pizza.. omg sorry for the visuals. .. but you get the idea
'

shontay07108

Aww, that's unfortunate. Apparently it's indeed best for oilier skins...I've been getting compliments on my skin since I started wearing it. Though that might also be the new moisturizers I started using...hooray for oily but dehydrated skin. >_>

Ha. It's crazy because I noticed this a bit when my skin was in a better state, but of course, I shrugged it off because my skin was a lot better then. I did notice that as the day went on, the foundation looked much better. Perhaps a tiny bit of oil in my skin broke through and made it look better somehow. It's unfortunate though that when I start out with my dry old face, it can look crazy. It's like "OK, guys ignore my flaky nose now because in 45 minutes I am going to like a supermodel".

I hope Chanel comes out with a foundation that's more dry skin friendly, but I guess we have to crawl before we can walk. I'm glad I was thrown a bone with the expanded shade range. Thankfully, I have my good old Mufe to hold me down until my skin is suitable again to use this foundation.

Ingenue

Wow, Shontay I'm sorry to hear that it's not working for your dry skin. I think it IS more oily skin friendly because it adheres to my skin perfectly and wears perfectly all day. And B-A 64 doesn't oxidize on me at all... it just stays put. I really like it. I will say, Chanel gave us Vitalumiere and Pro Lumiere ... both of which were MURDER on my oily skin. Vitalumiere Aqua came in six shades of PALE, and Mat Lumiere caked up like nobody's business.

So for the moment, I'm glad that Chanel is talking to folks with my skin tone, and my skin type.
lol.gif

afulton

I have been wearing Mat Lumiere in Chestnut for years and wanted to try the new formula. So I went to two different counters to get a color match. One MA matched me with Ambre 114 and another one matched me with Ambre 94. I really don't think either suits my skin tone.

Is anyone NC50 and found a color match in Perfection Lumiere? Please help?

lovely333

I have both red and yellow undertones but I like to pull from the yellow in my skin. If i pull from the red it can be too much. I have tried this foundation 3 times. Ambre 134, 114 and 104 all too red but 104 was the best match. I guess i will try the 94 next. I have never had so much trouble with a foundation turning red/orange.This foundation looks weird when first applied but once it setsinto the skin it looks great. It should not be this hard to find a foundation match. I really want this to work but this is too much work.

QueenOfSnark

I have both red and yellow undertones but I like to pull from the yellow in my skin. If i pull from the red it can be too much. I have tried this foundation 3 times. Ambre 134, 114 and 104 all too red but 104 was the best match. I guess i will try the 94 next. I have never had so much trouble with a foundation turning red/orange.This foundation looks weird when first applied but once it setsinto the skin it looks great. It should not be this hard to find a foundation match. I really want this to work but this is too much work.

If you prefer pulling more from your yellow tones rather than red, you might want to look at the Beige Ambre shades instead of the Ambre ones. I have strong yellow tones to my skin (think Zoe Saldana but a little more golden) and Beige Ambre 34 was a perfect match.

QueenOfSnark

Oh, I'd like to add that the new foundation brush #6 is LOVE. The bristles are soft but thick and stiff enough to apply evenly in one pass, with no streaks whatsoever. I was using my fingers and buffing with a 187 and I look much more airbrushed with the #6. My only gripes are that because the handle is short and I have long skinny fingers my hand cramps if I take too long with it, and that due to the thicker brush head the #6 takes longer to clean and dry.

Latest posts