Chanel Foundations & Concealers

User38

Snarky one.. I did not like the brush because of the handle.. I am batting 0 with Chanel
ohboy.gif

lovely333

I have been wearing Mat Lumiere in Chestnut for years and wanted to try the new formula. So I went to two different counters to get a color match. One MA matched me with Ambre 114 and another one matched me with Ambre 94. I really don't think either suits my skin tone.

Is anyone NC50 and found a color match in Perfection Lumiere? Please help?

Try 104 I had the same issue. 114 waas too red and dark.

modelette

Hey I am also a Nc50, i was matched with ambre 114 and 94 also. I first purchased the 114 and it seemed fine until i got home and it was too dark i could probably wear it in the summer.I returned it and purchased the 94 it seems off a little but after it sits on the face for about 5 mins it was awesome and i tend to get lighter in the winter so its perfect.

Miss QQ

Oh, I'd like to add that the new foundation brush #6 is LOVE. The bristles are soft but thick and stiff enough to apply evenly in one pass, with no streaks whatsoever. I was using my fingers and buffing with a 187 and I look much more airbrushed with the #6. My only gripes are that because the handle is short and I have long skinny fingers my hand cramps if I take too long with it, and that due to the thicker brush head the #6 takes longer to clean and dry.
Bummer on the short handle! I have the short handled version of it and it is really short and hurts my hands. I have hands that are big and bony and dislike face brushes that are short handle, especially foundation. I will not buy it so soon then.

hi!!
does chanel have a full coverage foundation? i use mat lumiere but it oxidize like crazy in my face, and when i'm about to buy the lift lumiere, they dont have any stock for my shade.
does the lift lumiere have full coverage?

elegant-one

I have been wanting to post that I had this favorite concealer that I have used for a long time & hated the thought of replacing, but after trying the Chanel concealer, its all I use now. It always looks natural & stays put like a water resistant one but without the drying the eye area out.

afulton

I didn't have any luck with this foundation. I tried 94, 104, and 114. The one that matched me the best was 114 but after a while it turned red on me. I had to return it. I was a lover of the Mat Lumiere but Perfection Lumiere didn't work. It was ironic that Chanel expanded their shade range for women of color, but I couldn't find a true color match. I give them credit for expanding their customer base. I still love them though...oh well, maybe next time.
So NC 50 ladies, would you say 94 or 104 is a better match for our skintone? I have golden undertones.

jmarie

I have been wanting to post that I had this favorite concealer that I have used for a long time & hated the thought of replacing, but after trying the Chanel concealer, its all I use now. It always looks natural & stays put like a water resistant one but without the drying the eye area out.

Which one? I need a concealer. I don't even wear one right now because I feel like my under eye area looks crepey when I wear it.

elegant-one

Which one? I need a concealer. I don't even wear one right now because I feel like my under eye area looks crepey when I wear it.

Just the Corrector Perfection Long Lasting Concealer in the wand/tube. I use the lightest shade which I didn't think was going to be light enough for me when I swatched it in the store, but the shade is perfect & very natural looking with a slight dewey (but not at all wet) light reflecting look. Nice on the under eye skin.

Monsy

After wearing Perfection lumiere for over a week here are my thoughts:
-it is very long lasting
-does not oxidize on me
-it looks much better without setting powder on top, with powder is way too dry looking
-since my skin is more on a dry side, i really had to either moisturize very good before it or wear moisturizing primer to avoid tight and dry feeling on my skin
-i think it would be perfect for combination/oily skin
-application- you have to blend fast because it dryes very fast. pretty much like any other long wearing formula

I think Chanel did really god job with this one. I had pretty big sample from nordstrom, but i am not sure i will buy it. Just because i like more of a dewy finish, not so much matte (although this one is not fully matte, more of matte/natural) and my skin gets very dry in the winter so i don't think this will look/feel good.
At the moment i am obsessed with Lancome teint miracle
eyelove.gif

Latest posts