Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Winthrop44

I don't blame him - it would make alot more sense if they numbered them the same as the foundations. And what's up with making the lightest pink color a number in the thirties?
th_crazy2.gif

User38

I made the same mistake as Jmarie.. and mine is the 01 also (checked earlier, bad eyeballs).. but it's not surprising cause a few HE lines, like Chanel and Guerlain use the 31 numeration to denote the lightest shades.. i.e. I use a B31 foundation in Guerlain Parure, and the 31 is the lightest Asia shade there is...

Miss QQ

^^ I didn't know there is a 31 that is the lightest for Parure. I'll go check it out this weekend.

Thanks for the great review, Monsy!

bis

^^ I didn't know there is a 31 that is the lightest for Parure. I'll go check it out this weekend. Thanks for the great review, Monsy!
Let me know what you think about it when you check it out. Thanks for the review of the Teint Miracle, really sounds like a miracle worker. I wonder which shades we have for it here.

Sexy Sadie

I am trying out the Perfect Lumiere right now, and if it continues as it has as today, It is a keeper. Shade is B10.

User38

lol @ the numbering systems.. cosmetic companies either cook up numbers to suit, or give wacko names like Chanel.. ha.

as for the Guerlain Parure, yes, the colour is called Beige Ambre Pale and it is numbered B 31.. it is lighter than the 01 which is the Beige Pale... and it is an Asia exlusive.. lol.

this shade is perfect for me..I might need to move to Hong Kong
girlhaha.gif

User38

Monsy.. cause I feel best when I have a light yellow based foundation.. and even a light buff has a bit of peachy warmth for me. I am not literally an NC15-20.. and the Guerlain B31, and Teint Miracle B01 are as if MAC had a 1.3 .. yellow and lite... I am more of an Asian light skin which is a truer yellowy ivory, so I find that the Asian shades work best.

Miss QQ

In Teint Miracle.. I use the B01 which is also an Asia only colour..
ohboy.gif
I use BO20 for Vitalumiere Aqua, which is the yellow Asia only colour. Right now it looks a little too light on me. I forgot to check out Guerlain Parure shade... must put on a note in my phone or I'll forget again next week. Is B01 TM very pale? I think I may go with B02 or O02/O03, but first I'll try my samples...

I went to two Lancome counters. At the first one, I told the MA I wanted to find a TM shade that suits me, and she let me try Maqui Blanc Miracle instead, think that is an Asia only line. I didn't know she took the wrong foundation and asked if I could have samples. She gave me two tiny Lancome pots and put O02 or O03 shades in as they didn't have the sample satchets. She said this foundation is like TM, only it brightens, and then I realised I had tried on the Maqui and not TM. I passed by another counter, so I asked if they had the TM samples. Again, no samples, so I asked if I could get some in a jar and was told they were out of the tiny pots so she couldn't give me any. This MA said Maqui brightens and has a heavier, medium coverage. So I went to Sephora and got a tiny amount of TM 003 pumped into a pot I brought. It feels like a lot of effort for a foundation sample lol.

A bit on Maqui here.
http://rougedeluxe.blogspot.com/2011/05/lancome-maqui-blanc-miracle-liquid_20.html

User38

B01 is quite pale.. but it works for me in the winter season.. not in spring/summer ..

same thing happened with Vitalumiere A.. I got it in B20 for summer and had to get a B10 afterwards to mix..now I am back to my winter shades again. I probably would not repurchase the Vitalumier A at all... I really prefer the Teint Miracle and the Guerlain Parure.

the Maqui sounds very interesting.. ty for the link!

jmarie

I wore the Rose Beige #31 concealer today and love it. The SA was right about the pink canceling out any shadows under my eyes. I would have never picked this color concealer by myself especially, since my match in the Perfection Lumiere Foundation is B20.

shontay07108

I decided to dust the cobwebs off of my Perfection Lumiere and give it another spin because 1, I spent so much on it and 2, I am determined for it to work on my dry skin. I am glad to say, today it is pretty great. The key is to put on a thin layer. I tend to use a heavy hand with these things. Also, I moisturize and apply fix plus before I go immediately into apply this foundation. I also find that after wearing it for a few minutes, the tiny bit of oil that my dry skin can produce helps to make the foundation settle. It definitely isn't for dry skin, but with the right routine, it can work. I am relieved and now I won't wait so long to use it between my 3 mufe foundations.

Winthrop44

^^ Completely agree with you Shontay. Thin layer over well moisturized skin works great on my normal-dry skin.

Bliur

I have normal skin and I love Perfection Lumière. I'm a Beige 30, someone who owns Guerlain Lingerie de Peau could tell me what's the match for it? Thanks!

Miss QQ

^^ Completely agree with you Shontay. Thin layer over well moisturized skin works great on my normal-dry skin.

Does it feel very sticky then?

I tried on Teint Miracle O-03 and Maqui Blanc Miracle O-03 and have to say I like Maqui more. TM doesn't give me enough coverage and looks a little pink. I read that it is buildable so I'll try it again. Lancome says Maqui lasts 12 hrs and it did last 13 hrs on me yesterday. I have a question though, I'm yellow but I have broken capillaries at my lower cheeks and mouth area, so my face looks pink while my neck is yellow. I should use a yellow based foundation, right? I don't have a lot of blemishes to cover and I don't like wearing heavy foundation, so the pinkness is always there. Sigh..

shontay07108

I don't find it sticky. It feels like nothing on at all. The problem is, with dry skin, it will cling and your skin can look flaky if you are too heavy with the application and your skin isn't ready.

Latest posts