Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Shadowy Lady

hey guys, I don't think we're getting the Perfection Lumiere any time soon here in Canada. Now i'm in love with my Vitalumiere Aqua but I'm a foundation addict and really want to try the PL too so I'm considering a CP from US.

Does anyone know what my colour match may be? I wear BR20 in VA, NW25 in most MAC formula and Santa Fe in Nars Sheer Glow. I'm confused coz I read a blogger close to my skintone use B30 and another one with the same colouring again use BR42
icon_eek.gif

xphoenix06

PL is by far the best smelling foundation I've come across, I've been using it for about a month now and I'm absolutely loving it! I've just gotten into Chanel and it's currently my fave. cosmetic brand. Before I got into Chanel, I always heard great things about the blushes, lips and eye products but never really heard too much about their foundations. All of Chanel's other foundations are either to pink or beige/grey tone for me, but I'm glad that PL has a shade that matches my yellow/golden warm skin tone nicely.

hey guys, I don't think we're getting the Perfection Lumiere any time soon here in Canada. Now i'm in love with my Vitalumiere Aqua but I'm a foundation addict and really want to try the PL too so I'm considering a CP from US.

Does anyone know what my colour match may be? I wear BR20 in VA, NW25 in most MAC formula and Santa Fe in Nars Sheer Glow. I'm confused coz I read a blogger close to my skintone use B30 and another one with the same colouring again use BR42
icon_eek.gif
-Shadowy Lady have you come across the swatches of Sheer Glow, Perfection Lumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua on KarlaSugar . net and Cafe Makeup. com? VA looks a lot sheerer compared to PL, from the swatches on KarlaSugar. BR20 in VA and Nars Sheer Glow Santa Fe looks closest to B20 in PL in my opinion, and when I looked at the pictures on Cafe Makeup. BR20 in VA looks similar to B20 in PL but it pulls more yellow in my opinion, from the swatches on Cafe Makeup I think BR20 in VA would be matched closely to BR22 in PL.

-PL BR shades pull/shows a lot of pink tones when I swatched them at my counter, B shades pulls/shows more warm beige tones, and BA leans more towards a darker pinker/amber beige color. It took the MUA and SA's at my counter awhile to figure out a shade for my skin tone, they kept on going too light when picking shades for me to try out in BR and B for PL. In the end shade B30 turned out the be the closest match for me.

-I hope you find your shade in PL Shadowy Lady
kisses.gif

Prettypackages

I am ba 64 and still can't figure out how I feel about this foundation. I loved it when I first tried it on, it was very natural looking, and when I wore it to work it lasted the whole day. The MA paired it with muscade powder and the concealer in the wand one of you recommended it. I have to say, I LOVE that concealer. It is to orange and it isn't to beige, and it isn't to dark, which is the problem I have with MAC and MUFE, It is almost like my beloved NC 44 from MContractor.

My issue with the foundation is that it is orange, if I don't blend it in well or right away, this stuff is orange. I am not orange! WHo is orange? Not sure if i should go lighter or darker, or shake the bottle more, or what.

I also can't tell if it has broken me out. I wore my hair straight this week and think the breakouts could have come from that. Hell at this point who knows. LOL

QueenOfSnark

^If it's too orange you probably need a shade or two lighter. I originally thought I was BA 54 but after much trial and tribulation turns out I was BA 34.

Prettypackages

Thanks Queen, I'll look into that. I meant to say the concealer isn't to orange or beige. I'm loving this stuff right now.

cardamon

Hi,

I bought Perfection Lumiere in shade B30. But it's a little too fair and yellow for me. Does anyone know what is the closest shade for Illamasqua Skinbase #11 or Guerlain Lingeir De Peau #3?

Winthrop44

I can't answer your specific question because I'm really pale but if the one you tried is too yellow I'd try a BR shade. I usually take a shade in the yellow range but these were too yellow - or actually orange - for me.

Sexy Sadie

Anyone heard any rumours about another new foundation from Chanel called Vitalumiere Aqua Fresh sprin 2012?

shontay07108

I am ba 64 and still can't figure out how I feel about this foundation.  I loved it when I first tried it on, it was very natural looking, and when I wore it to work it lasted the whole day.  The MA paired it with muscade powder and the concealer in the wand one of you recommended it.  I have to say, I LOVE that concealer. It is to orange and it isn't to beige, and it isn't to dark, which is the problem I have with MAC and MUFE,  It is almost like my beloved NC 44 from MContractor.    My issue with the foundation is that it is orange, if I don't blend it in well or right away, this stuff is orange.  I am not orange! WHo is orange?   Not sure if i should go lighter or darker, or shake the bottle more, or what.   I also can't tell if it has broken me out. I wore my hair straight this week and think the breakouts could have come from that.  Hell at this point who knows. LOL 
What shade of concealer are you wearing? I want a chanel concealer and I was looking at the darkest one, but I was unsure so I left it.

LMD84

at the moment i am really hoping that my bottle of AL lasts until the new perfection foundation launches. I just checked and it says january but i fear my AL will need replacing before then!

cardamon

I can't answer your specific question because I'm really pale but if the one you tried is too yellow I'd try a BR shade. I usually take a shade in the yellow range but these were too yellow - or actually orange - for me.

I agree. I compared it with Pro Lumiere 30 (Which actually feels like a good foundation - I don't own one). And it' super yellow!

PeppermintMocha

I'm really interested in trying the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, but i have dry skin. Would this foundation work on dry skin?

Winthrop44

I personally don't think it would be a good choice as an everyday foundation for someone with dry skin because of the high alcohol content. Alcohol is typically drying. But maybe you could get away with it if your skin is not *that* dry or if you use a great moisturizer underneath. You could also just wear it occasionally.

QueenOfSnark

So after using PL for a few months now I've come to the annoying conclusion that there isn't a 100% shade match for me...UNLESS I mix BA34 and B60 together. BA34 is slightly too orange, and B60's just a hair too light, but if I mix half a pump of each I get my skin tone EXACTLY. I love the finish and wear time of PL so I think I might have to just suck it up and buy a bottle of B60. I hope they come out with a B80, that'd probably be perfect. Aren't there supposed to be some shades that are Europe/Asia exclusive?

Course I could pick up KGD's yellow foundation color corrector to add the extra little bit of yellow I need...man, should've bought it during their new year's 30% sale.

Winthrop44

If you're really committed to a foundation and wear it every day, there's really not that much difference between wearing 1 shade, using it up, and getting another of that same shade vs getting 2 different shades up front and having your supply last twice as long. I'm wearing a mixture of Porcelain + Alabaster in Future Skin right now and that's the way I rationalize it.
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I agree, good to know the two shades are prefect for you. But it takes a little more effort to mix the two shades. I have Vitalumiere Aqua BO20 which is too light for me now, and I have been thinking of getting B20 to mix. Can you imagine shaking two VAs every morning?
girlhaha.gif

Latest posts