Chanel Foundations & Concealers

Miss QQ

^^ I have the chanel brush. Yes, the bristles are slightly stiff. Mine is the older version though. As you know chanel now has a new set of brushes, launched last month, so I'm not sure if it is different. Mine also sheds a lot, but I think it is because I washed it upside down in the past and let water drip into the ferrule.

Winthrop44

omg.. cheetoh orange.. changes.. oxidation.. masky..

I think I will pass until I run out of my 3 bottles of Guerlain

Masky? I haven't heard that one yet. The BR shades don't oxidize/change/turn orange, and I think they're really pretty neutral, so if and when you do decide to try it I'd definitely recommend them over the B shades...which do all of the above.

QueenOfSnark

^^ I have the chanel brush. Yes, the bristles are slightly stiff. Mine is the older version though. As you know chanel now has a new set of brushes, launched last month, so I'm not sure if it is different. Mine also sheds a lot, but I think it is because I washed it upside down in the past and let water drip into the ferrule.

Thanks! Ended up buying both the Too Faced retractable and the EcoTools one. I love the value of the Ecotools, and the brush is dense, soft, and picks up the powder well, but it feels cheap/flimsy and reviews on MUA said it falls apart in very few washes. I picked up Too Faced's as well just in case, especially hearing that Too Faced is changing the design of it. Passed on Chanel's entirely since I barely have room in my mini bag as it is (I'm a minimalist) and the pouch for the brush takes up way too much room.

User38

Wintthrop.. yes, masky was exactly the word (one of them) to describe the feeling this gave someone. As we all know, one gal's perfection is another's nightmare. I am having the product tried out in my Fl. office. On me, I will certainly try the BR10 and see how that goes.

Snarky one.. too faced brush is excellent..enjoy it. My fave eco tools brush is the buffer brush - and it doesn't shed at all.

msqq ... I think I am going for the new brush -- just to see how it goes with application.

Ingenue

Ewwwwww... Masky? That is not good.

I have to agree HG about Guerlain... you've inspired me to dig them back out. There's nothing quite like Parure Gold, which is my favorite of them all.

shontay07108

Ewwwwww... Masky? That is not good.

I have to agree HG about Guerlain... you've inspired me to dig them back out. There's nothing quite like Parure Gold, which is my favorite of them all.
Now you guys got me curious. What shade do you wear in that Guerlain foundation, Ingenue?

Ingenue

Ooooooohhh Dore 24 Shontay. It is PERFECT for me. I was wearing 25 until someone pointed out that I looked a little 'orange' -- so I went to 24 and it is DEAD ON in every singe formulation.

In order of Fabulousness:

Parure Gold (illuminating)
Lingerie De Peau (weightless)
Parure Extreme (for oily skin)
Parure Aqua (for dry skin)

They're ALL good, and I switch them out as the mood strikes me.

Ingenue

Shontay I did a BIG OL' REVIEW on my blog a while back. I thought you would have seen it. I did an extensive on on Parure Gold. That one is my go to 'luxury' foundation.

User38

Ingenue.. I totally agree with your lineup
love.gif
my fav foundation so far!

Ingenue

It's good stuff, I can't lie. I will say that Chane's new Perfection Lumiere is on par with Lingerie de Peau in terms of weight and feel... they just have to nail that oxidation down. Guerlain's version doesn't do anything but sit there and behave.

shontay07108

Ooooooohhh Dore 24 Shontay. It is PERFECT for me. I was wearing 25 until someone pointed out that I looked a little 'orange' -- so I went to 24 and it is DEAD ON in every singe formulation.

In order of Fabulousness:

Parure Gold (illuminating)
Lingerie De Peau (weightless)
Parure Extreme (for oily skin)
Parure Aqua (for dry skin)

They're ALL good, and I switch them out as the mood strikes me.
:sigh: I guess this will be my next purchase. :lol: Oh and more off topic, I bought the YSL black cherry liner and it is amazing. So beautiful and easy to apply. I left the ashy black, but I'm confident I'll get it. Also, I got a sample of the shocking mascara and it's great! I was surprised because I don't like YSL mascara's. I'm buying a full tube of the black and the green this week. It sucks because I just bought a new tube of Inimitable, though.
Shontay I did a BIG OL' REVIEW on my blog a while back. I thought you would have seen it. I did an extensive on on Parure Gold. That one is my go to 'luxury' foundation.
No, I didn't see it. When I searched for it a few minutes ago, it didn't come up. I have to decide between Parure Gold and Parure Aqua. I might try gold first because I am always down with anything illuminating.

Ingenue

No, I didn't see it. When I searched for it a few minutes ago, it didn't come up. I have to decide between Parure Gold and Parure Aqua. I might try gold first because I am always down with anything illuminating.
Hmm... I'll send you the link in a private message.

I'm wearing Parure Extreme today, because it's raining and this stuff is totally waterproof.

User38

Parure Exteme
heart.gif
... held up with me thru 18 hour days last working week in Milan.

When I sweat, it beads up slightly but doesn't transfer or run. I use the B31 shade.

I have almost given up on Chanel.. most of the reviewsI have read do not bode well for this product especially because of the oxidation. I know some bloggers will tout anything Chanel.. but that's not the point. My point is it won't work well on me -- colourwise and texture.

bis

Parure Exteme
heart.gif

When I sweat, it beads up slightly but doesn't transfer or run. I use the B31 shade.

I have almost given up on Chanel.. most of the reviewsI have read do not bode well for this product especially because of the oxidation. I know some bloggers will tout anything Chanel.. but that's not the point. My point is it won't work well on me -- colourwise and texture.
You said B31 is like Gobi? Really? All the Guerlains here are borderline. Is B31 asia-only?

User38

B31 is the palest shade they make.. and it is an Asia Exclusive. I use NARS Gobi in the sheer glow -- but I don't use it too much because it has a very short term memory.. err, it slips off my face very easily.. lol. B31 is paler than Gobi.

Ingenue

Parure Exteme
heart.gif

The formulation is fantastic in terms of weight and finish... but the oxidation is a problem if you're not diligent about finding YOUR individual shade. I made a similar mistake with Ambre 94. Not good. I compared it again against BA-64 yesterday and was blown away by the major differences.

I honestly don't know anyone who is ORANGE... so I don't understand all of the orangey goodness in many of the shades. B-A is much more neutral in terms of undertones and shading... more yellow if anything. I'd love to hear from someone with red undertones, who's used the Ambre line.

Ingenue

I am completely in LOVE with the new YSL stuff. I like every single liner. Ashy Black is still my favorite of them all.. followed by Sea, Jade, Deep, Bronze, and Cherry

Camnagem

I tried BR12 today with much better results. The color didn't shift to orange, and when I applied it on top of my moisturizer and primer without letting them sink in a bit, the patchy/dry problem was improved. I love the way it smells and feels, and I really want to adore this foundation...but it's just not for me. I don't think it looks or feels masky, but I don't like the finish this gives my skin. I need something that will stay put and won't transfer, but I'd really love something more luminous/glowy.

Does Parure Gold work on norm to dry skin? Any transfer issues?

Winthrop44

I haven't tried the Guerlain for a number of ingredient reasons, but have you tried Chantecaille Future Skin? PM me if you'd like a sample in Porcelain. It is exactly what you're describing, I love it on my normal to dry skin, and best of all....no drying alcohol.
cheerleader.gif