Chanel Holiday 2011

Shypo

katred - thanks for sharing the look. Yes, I want Fauve and I'll be so happy if the 2 LE shadows are Fauve and Twilight!

cheryl - are the purples in Vanities warm/reddish or more blue? I remember swatching it a few times at the counter but I can't recall what I thought of it.
Hi MissQQ - in mine, which is the US version, one of the purples (lower right corner) is more red-based with gold sparkles, the darkest one (upper left corner) is like a blackberry color with multi-color sparkles, the highlight color is a cool-toned pinky lilac color, and the lid color is an almost 'warmer'-toned mauve with gold and silver sparkles. It swatches with almost a duochrome effect, but it's very subtle. I used the quad quite a bit when it came out, but it's not my very favorite. I prefer cooler-toned purples.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for your detailed description. I prefer cool tone purples too, so I'll probably pass. I guess the baked version will be similar in terms of the warmness or coolness undertones.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Fauve is coming with this collection!

LMD84

Finally tried out Fauve today....amazing! It is easily the best eyeshadow I own. Pigmented, soft, gorgeous colour and stays in place all day. It is shimmery, but I don't know how to describe it...you only notice when it hits the light, it's still day-time appropriate.
you're making me want it even more!!

Shypo

I love Fauve - it's beautiful - and looks great with Taupe Gris (which I think Birgit has mentioned before).....

Miss QQ

Ladies I'm so excited! We were talking about Fauve and today I saw it at my counter! It is out with the new Inimitable Extreme. There are 4 e/s singles: ivory, magic night, twilight and fauve. Twilight is a beautiful shimmery pink, not as warm as my pic. I took pics with my iPhone but they turned out very bad because of the lighting. Then there is the Lagons quad! Blue Celeste is discontinued and this will replace it. There are also 3 waterproof eyeliners, ebene, taupe and marine.

Do any of you have night magict? Is it a must have? It looks very pretty. What about taupe eyeliner? I thought it looks beautiful. Of course I'm in love with Fauve so I'm definitely buying it. Twilight looks gorgeous too, a pink that will not make me look sick. I think I'll pass Lagons though it is pretty too.

Here are the pics. The quad looks quite true to colour. I love the model, so gorgeous. The pic looks like the one for the new e/s duos for US and Europe when they were launched last year.

LMD84

wow! i think your pictures are pretty good for phone pics! so thanks for taking them for us! i do think i need the blue quad now. which is so silly because when i saw it in the store a month ago i wasn't that interested! doh!

elegant-one

I think Night Magic is really pretty in person even though for some reason I don't have it - yet. I saw a chanel MUA using it on someone in a dillards & it looked really nice on her.

I just bought Ebene liner last week. Its not quite as black as Black Shimmer which I like a lot - a bit more day wearable/softer. Its more of a grey-black color.

Thanks for pics!!!!

Alisha1

Can't wait to see more pics!! Especially of the blush
th_drool.gif

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one
I just bought Ebene liner last week. Its not quite as black as Black Shimmer which I like a lot - a bit more day wearable/softer. Its more of a grey-black color.

Interesting! I always just assumed it was very black. So how does it compare to Gris if you have that one?

stv578

I'm so happy you got that collection MissQQ! It was available here I think a couple of months ago. I picked up Fauve and Twilight, but Twilight didn't show up that well on me and had tons of fall out. Magic Night is also really pretty, isn't that permanent? In hind sight, I should've gotten that instead of Twilight.

Miss QQ

Anyone has Ivory? What do you think of it?

winthrop - I thought ebene is quite black too. I have it but not gris, which I swatched. Gris looks more gun metal to me.

I'm so happy you got that collection MissQQ! It was available here I think a couple of months ago. I picked up Fauve and Twilight, but Twilight didn't show up that well on me and had tons of fall out. Magic Night is also really pretty, isn't that permanent? In hind sight, I should've gotten that instead of Twilight.
Oooh so this is the collection. I'm getting confused by all the location specific collections that chanel is launching. Thanks for telling us about Twilight, so I'll pass it because lots of fall out is not what I want. I thought Magic Night is perm too, but the MA said they are all new. She is probably misinformed. Ivory is perm as well, isn't it? Do you have it and what do you think of it? When I swatched, it is white but has this gold sheen which I'm not sure if it is flattering on me. But mac solar white is something I missed out and really want.

Miss QQ

I looked at Vanities a couple of weeks ago, very pretty and I quite like it. But I'm not sure if I'll wear it a lot, because like Cheryl I prefer cool toned purples.

LMD84

i might skip the golden blush from BZ to get this highlight powder - it looks so pretty despite the high price tag!

Winthrop44

^^ I agree, it does look super pretty! I was thinking when we read about this collection on cafemakeup awhile back that the smoky eyes quad was going to be a new one, not a repromote. But this is good, really -- not bombarding us with an overwhelming number of new products all the time is the kind of thing that saves you money and allows you to consider something priced the way this highlighter is.

Alisha1

i might skip the golden blush from BZ to get this highlight powder - it looks so pretty despite the high price tag!
The highlighter powder looks sooo pretty that I think I'd be afraid to use it and spoil the pattern! I wonder if it will work on my skin tone...

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree that the highlight powder looks stunning... We shall see how I feel about spending that much when the actual collection launches. I'm shocked that the e/s duo will be limited, since it seems like the kind of thing every human being who wears makeup would want- a real staple. I have a lot of smoky combos I can do, but those shades just look like they'd be perfect.

Both RAs and the new RAL look like they have promise.

shontay07108

I want to slap myself, but I am all about that $40 compact mirror. Just the materialistic value of it. I want to squeal just looking at it.