Chanel Holiday 2011

Alisha1

I want to slap myself, but I am all about that $40 compact mirror. Just the materialistic value of it. I want to squeal just looking at it.
Theres already a compact available^ My sister bought it a few years back and I think its a little cheaper although this new one is supposed to be 'better' but how better can a mirror get? Though if it had a gold logo instead of white I would be drooling all over it!

Miss QQ

I posted wrongly in the fall collection instead of here lol. So here's what I think of the holiday collection - very excited about the new RAs, especially the pink one. I want the red extrait de gloss too. Not sure if I want the pink RAL, highlighter and blush. I like the 2 duos I have so maybe I'll get this new one too. Chanel likes to do red and gold for christmas and this year it looks like this again.

There are info and pics on the gifts sets at karla too. I really like the pouch, which I've since once in the DFS in the christmas set 2 years ago, so I may get the gloss set. I want Sparks for a long time too, which is not available at my counters. The brush set will be mine too!

LMD84

I posted wrongly in the fall collection instead of here lol. So here's what I think of the holiday collection - very excited about the new RAs, especially the pink one. I want the red extrait de gloss too. Not sure if I want the pink RAL, highlighter and blush. I like the 2 duos I have so maybe I'll get this new one too. Chanel likes to do red and gold for christmas and this year it looks like this again.

There are info and pics on the gifts sets at karla too. I really like the pouch, which I've since once in the DFS in the christmas set 2 years ago, so I may get the gloss set. I want Sparks for a long time too, which is not available at my counters. The brush set will be mine too!
i'm thinking that i might buy the brush set. has anybody used the chanel brush sets? what is the quality like?

Alisha1

I was also thinking the same thing^. Do Chanel christmas sets make it to the uk? I remember wanting one from last year but I never found it at my local counter in Debenhams or Boots :s

Mac-Guy

I would say the quality of the brush sets is higher than the MAC ones. You also get a much better bag, which, IMO, is essential when traveling. However, it is also much more expensive than any of the MAC travel sets.

Poupette

Only the RAL in Empire for me. I'm a sucker for those babies!
eyelove.gif

Winthrop44

I haven't been overly impressed by the softness of any of the Chanel brushes I've checked out yet...but my skin is freakishly sensitive and likes synthetics best of all. My favorite natural hair brushes are the MAC Couture 129 from a few years ago with the silver handle and some Trish McEvoy brushes, and I recently bought the Burberry kabuki which they call the Beauty Brush and it's very soft as well. the Burberry is not like the typical kabuki though, it's a fluffier, less dense brush.

LMD84

I haven't been overly impressed by the softness of any of the Chanel brushes I've checked out yet...but my skin is freakishly sensitive and likes synthetics best of all. My favorite natural hair brushes are the MAC Couture 129 from a few years ago with the silver handle and some Trish McEvoy brushes, and I recently bought the Burberry kabuki which they call the Beauty Brush and it's very soft as well.
oh that is a little dissapointing to hear. :(

Mac-Guy

If I remember correctly, I got mine at Harrods, but that was light years ago.

The best deals were always at Heathrow, which has a huge cosmetics/beauty department. Although it's the worst airport in terms of flight delays, it's the best shopping experience both in size and range of brands.

elegant-one

WOW - I totally missed this! What is this world coming to.
thud.gif
lol.gif

Well, I'll buy whatever is pink & red & the es duo.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Here are some photos of the highlight powder. Pink Thought Bubble by BabyJap: Lumiere Sculptee De Chanel

It says it contains 13 gr of product, so that justifies the high price. I was just wondering, because the post also says the JC blushes are 6,5 gr each, but mine only has 4. Do the US versions have more product in them then the EU versions?

I really hope we get this holiday collection over here, we didn't get last years.

Honey&LemonGirl

I totally agree with Shontay about the mirror. And I think I want the lip gloss set, the snowflake zipper pull is killing me with cuteness.

LMD84

If I remember correctly, I got mine at Harrods, but that was light years ago.
The best deals were always at Heathrow, which has a huge cosmetics/beauty department. Although it's the worst airport in terms of flight delays, it's the best shopping experience both in size and range of brands.
oh yeah! i always love going around the duty free at the airport! so many make up goodies! i hauled from the mac cult of cherry collection at the airport one year! hubby found it funny that i couldn't even wait to leave the country to start spending my money!

elegant-one

I have the regular & then the short handle brush set. The regular brushes seem softer, but I love my short set a lot. They are so beautiful to look at & you get a lovely CC case :) They are soft too.

I bought that mirror from my Singapore connection 15 minutes before I learned that it was being released here - go figure. I think the mirror is a divine Chanel item to have,

elegant-one

That highlight powder is just gorgeous! If it is the same or similar "no color" highlighter that was in the SOHO palette I would be thrilled as I LOVE love love that highlighter!

Mac-Guy

That highlight powder is just gorgeous! If it is the same or similar "no color" highlighter that was in the SOHO palette I would be thrilled as I LOVE love love that highlighter!

Awe, you make we wanna cheat on MAC, but I shall resist.
eyelove.gif

Winthrop44

Here are some photos of the highlight powder. Pink Thought Bubble by BabyJap: Lumiere Sculptee De Chanel

It says it contains 13 gr of product, so that justifies the high price. I was just wondering, because the post also says the JC blushes are 6,5 gr each, but mine only has 4. Do the US versions have more product in them then the EU versions?

I really hope we get this holiday collection over here, we didn't get last years.

I just checked my Euro vs US JCs and all of my Euros are 4g and all of my US are 6g. Interesting - looks like that's another way to confirm whether one is Euro or US. Maybe between the baking and the lack of mineral oil the Euro ones weigh less but are the same volume? I could maybe be convinced my Euros look slightly smaller because the US ones seem to fill the pan more (by area not height), by not by 33% to my eye.