Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Tried out La Fascinante today. I honestly can't say which shade I love more. This one is a perfect pinky cherry red, whereas La Sensuelle is deeper, richer... Love 'em both!

shontay07108

Ok. Here is La Ravissante. I love it. It's like a pinky coral. I think my darker lips help me in this situation. My lips are a bit darker than you would assume for someone with my complexion. The flash makes it a tiny bit brighter than it is in real life, but not by much.

Ingenue

Yep, Shontay that's all you. I can't wear it at all. Corals are funny on me... they sometimes make me look like I'm sick or something. There are very few coral shades that I can actually wear.

elegant-one

Shontay, honestly I've seen you in a lot of lipstick colors, & that one just may be my favorite one on you yet. Beautiful & fresh & face brightening.

Funny, its more orange/coral than pinky coral on me.

elegant-one

Wow. Thanks, Elegant.
kissy.gif

And I sincerely mean it!

friends.gif

QueenOfSnark

Oh wow Shontay, that does look AMAZING on you!
eyelove.gif
Consider me enabled for La Ravissante...if it looks nearly as good on me as it does on you.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Shontay, you look stunning. I agree with Elegant, there is something about that shade that just suits you perfectly. Your skin looks unbelievable, by the way- you should be in ads for that foundation!!!!

shontay07108

Shontay, you look stunning. I agree with Elegant, there is something about that shade that just suits you perfectly. Your skin looks unbelievable, by the way- you should be in ads for that foundation!!!!
:shocked: Thanks, Katred! You're making me want La Sensuelle. It looks awesome on you. I was walking through the mall today and my buddy from the Chanel counter in Bloomies saw me. I told her I was coming back around to look at the velvets even though I already have two. Well, after what I spent in Sephora I got the hell out of there! :lol:

Shypo

I just lost my whole post, twiice.

Shontay, you look great! I agree - that color is perfect for you!

I got my Velvets and lip bag today - not sure about Fascinante yet - Kate, it is gorgeous on you - I may have to try the smoosh method to see if that works better for mre.

Michelle, I had the same reaction about Raffinee and Caline too!

I hope my counter has these cuz I have my eye on a few more!
sneaky.gif

Haven

Now I am lusting over the lip bag. I had Spark a while back and ended up losing it somehow. I actually forgot about it, but it is a great color. I don't know about the other glossimer though.

MaryJane

Quote: Originally Posted by Bonitinha Got my Velvets!!
th_happy1.gif

Right now I have on La Caline and I love it. I had a bit of lip balm on before I applied. I couldn't believe how smooth it went on. When I opened Caline and Raffinee, they looked so similar in the tube, but when I swatched them I could see that Caline has a violet undertone.

I felt the same about La Caline and Rafinee when I first swatched them - they looked identical. Raffinee is a brighter, rosier color than Caline.

Well, I did it. Broke down and ordered La Distinguee from eBay. I could kick myself for paying $50 for a lipstick (including shipping) but I've thought it over for a few days and decided I want it. La Furtive might be next.

Shadowy Lady

^ LOL, well I don't have it or I would just push you over the edge
lol.gif

I think Shadowylady has it.
yep, Elegant has an amazing memory :)

Shontay - I may be late replying to this but Teheran is gorgeous!! It does have shimmer so if you have drier lips it may look a bit uneven (it's fine on me). It's also lighter than most coral shades I've seen you wear and it's on the cooler side. I love it on me and always get compliments but I have cool undertones. I haven't seen it on anyone darker/warmer than myself so I wouldn't know for sure how you'd like it. It's still a gorgeous shade and if you don't like it on it's own, you can always teak it with lip liner/lip gloss :)

Shadowy Lady

Shontay - here's a pic of me wearing Teheran RC. I wear that lip colour a lot but I looked for a pic in which I was at my tannest (this one is from last August so I was prob NW30). HTH somehow:

Katred - hahahah....I KNEW you'd get both reds...and why not reds look great on you :)

All US ladies - happy to see you ladies finally got the Velvets! Aren't the awesome? I need at least two more, La Raffinee and La Ravissante me thinks.... and they def need to add more shades to the line. I'm thinking a pinky nude with that texture would be great! Like YSL Nude Beige shade in the RA velvet formula
heart.gif

shontay07108

Shontay - here's a pic of me wearing Teheran RC. I wear that lip colour a lot but I looked for a pic in which I was at my tannest (this one is from last August so I was prob NW30). HTH somehow: Katred - hahahah....I KNEW you'd get both reds...and why not reds look great on you :)   All US ladies - happy to see you ladies finally got the Velvets! Aren't the awesome? I need at least two more, La Raffinee and La Ravissante me thinks.... and they def need to add more shades to the line. I'm thinking a pinky nude with that texture would be great! Like YSL Nude Beige shade in the RA velvet formula 
heart.gif
Thanks, Shadowy Lady. Teheran looks great on you. I might take a chance and order it in the next few days. I think it will haunt me until I do. I hope that they add more colors to the velvet line, also. I would love to see a lavender. I also love the idea of a nude. Two types of nudes: one for the pale gals and one for darker gals like me. I do appreciate a good nude here and there. :)