Chanel Nail Polishes

starletta8

Thanks! Any bubbling?

Nope. I think the bubbling was a topcoat thing. The only things I ran into: lint while swatching (ugh), and a slower-than-average dry time.

Monochrome, 3 coats, no top coat:

Monochrome_SW.png

Camelia, 3 coats, no top coat (I was having problems getting a good photo):

camelia_SW.png

Bottom line: both behaved nicely, no bubbling issues. Long dry time (but I was also impatient). I'm looking forward to grabbing Le Gel Coat to really test these out.

elegant-one

Nope. I think the bubbling was a topcoat thing. The only things I ran into: lint while swatching (ugh), and a slower-than-average dry time.

View attachment 52025

View attachment 52026

Bottom line: both behaved nicely, no bubbling issues. Long dry time (but I was also impatient). I'm looking forward to grabbing Le Gel Coat to really test these out.

LOVE Camelia!

starletta8

both are gorgeous

I was really surprised with them since I was prepared to hate them. So far the dry time is my only qualm. Application was a dream. I don't think it's fair to really assess other than color until I can get Le Gel Top Coat (I used La Base Coat).

Based on how these went on, and how non-streaky Monochrome was, I'm in.

LOVE Camelia!

It's so fun.

Ernie

View attachment 52025

View attachment 52026

Thanks for the swatches!

franlynne

I have on organdi right now. No bubbles and I do have the gel coat on as well. I was advised to let the polish dry thoroughly before putting on the gel top coat. So far, so good!

franlynne

Yay! What does Organdi look like irl?
Do you remember Chanel Rose Cache? Well, it's lighter and has more mauve and less brown in it. Dior incognito is darker and more brown in it.I would describe it as a mauve base with some pink and a hint of beige. Fully opaque with one coat! Now, let's see how it wears! Love it so far!!!

Winthrop44

Do you remember Chanel Rose Cache? Well, it's lighter and has more mauve and less brown in it. Dior incognito is darker and more brown in it.I would describe it as a mauve base with some pink and a hint of beige. Fully opaque with one coat! Now, let's see how it wears! Love it so far!!!

Oh that sounds really pretty!! I'm going to get that one too.

starletta8

I turned my hands into live nail wheels since between Saks and NM, I was able to get my hands on testers of all new shades (the blue one didn't ship with the rest of the collection).

If you're really pale and pink, Organdi is NOT your color. So glad I didn't buy blindly.

Will post photos later.

starletta8

thanks for the swatches! I didn't realize Chaine or was so metallic, so this really helps.

No problem! Not the best swatches, but they're better than nothing until they're available at everyone's counter. Chaine Or was like working with some of the most finicky of Chanel's metallics. Color was like Goldfinger though.

starletta8

Thanks for posting. Definitely helps to compare the various reds!

I pulled comparisons for the first two polishes that I bought; haven't felt well enough to do the second two that I bought yet- but I will.

If I can get a few more polishes swatched this evening, I'll start my wear test with Le Gel Coat tonight.

Ballerina

These are not really gel just "gel like" correct? So can be removed with regular nail polish? Anyone have any opinion on the top coat yet? TIA!

Latest posts