Chanel Nail Polishes

Myth

If I can get a few more polishes swatched this evening, I'll start my wear test with Le Gel Coat tonight.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear your experience with the top coat. I'm thinking of just getting the top coat to improve the wear of my Black Satin

starletta8

Disclaimer: I'm AWFUL on nails. I type hard, and 12+ hours a day.

But Son of a.....

IMG_4232.JPG

I did my nails 48 hours ago.

franlynne

These are not really gel just "gel like" correct? So can be removed with regular nail polish? Anyone have any opinion on the top coat yet? TIA!
I put it on over Organdi Sat morning and I have about an eighth of an inch of tip wear.

Winthrop44

I just did a mani with the new Ballerina over La Base and also used Le Gel Coat top coat. We'll see how long it lasts but as far as application it was great and the new formula Ballerina also seems a bit more opaque than the old one, which I like.

Edit: I watched this after I did my nails, but they say some interesting things...like not waiting for the first coat of polish to dry before applying the second coat:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/the-classic-manicure--140560

I got a kick out of the idea of using a $70 kabuki brush to dust off my nails after filing!

Last edited:

elegant-one

I just did a mani with the new Ballerina over La Base and also used Le Gel Coat top coat. We'll see how long it lasts but as far as application it was great and the new formula Ballerina also seems a bit more opaque than the old one, which I like.

Edit: I watched this after I did my nails, but they say some interesting things...like not waiting for the first coat of polish to dry before applying the second coat:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/the-classic-manicure--140560

I got a kick out of the idea of using a $70 kabuki brush to dust off my nails after filing!

Ahahahaha! I'm sure I'll get an expensive brush just to do that :doh: I'm glad you posted that about Ballerina because I kept forgetting to get it so now I can get the new one.

Monsy

applying cream on nails before applying nail polish is big no no. nail bed needs to be dry and clean.
and what's more ridiculous is applying cream on nails and then removing it with nail polish remover.

starletta8

The item formerly known as my wallet is in another room shaking and sobbing somewhere.

I picked up six of them today:Ballerina, Vamp. Shatung, Chaine Or, Particuliere, and Mythique.

I already had Roubachka, Rouge Essentiel, Camelia, and Monochrome.

So yes, I've got 10 of the 15 out right now. I have comparison nail wheels pulled for three of the new purchases, but not ready to go. I've been too ill to do anything.

Winthrop44

applying cream on nails before applying nail polish is big no no. nail bed needs to be dry and clean.
and what's more ridiculous is applying cream on nails and then removing it with nail polish remover.

Yep, it's a strange idea to me too, but "pre-oilng" is something I've seen discussed on the nail board on Makeup Alley too. For some people with dry or brittle nails it may improve adherence of polish. In the posts I read people just wiped off the oil. i think if someone is not happy with wear time it's worth a try.

elegant-one

Lately, I have been applying my Ole Henricksen C truth serum to my nails before polish & it makes my nails look so good. It soaks right in & leaves absolutely no residue of any kind on the nails (which is why I really really love this on my face) and the polish goes on so smoothly & does not create any kind of bumps or bubbles in the polish.

Rinstar

Yep, it's a strange idea to me too, but "pre-oilng" is something I've seen discussed on the nail board on Makeup Alley too. For some people with dry or brittle nails it may improve adherence of polish. In the posts I read people just wiped off the oil. i think if someone is not happy with wear time it's worth a try.

Lately, I have been applying my Ole Henricksen C truth serum to my nails before polish & it makes my nails look so good. It soaks right in & leaves absolutely no residue of any kind on the nails (which is why I really really love this on my face) and the polish goes on so smoothly & does not create any kind of bumps or bubbles in the polish.

I also oil before base coat. It has improved the wear time of my manis immensely! I can now wear a polish for four days with no chips, whereas I used to get chips on the second day. I have very dry nails.
I want to try using Truth Serum now, thanks Elegant!

Winthrop44

Oh I love that idea. I'll have to try it!

I also oil before base coat. It has improved the wear time of my manis immensely! I can now wear a polish for four days with no chips, whereas I used to get chips on the second day. I have very dry nails.

Great to hear. I am definitely going to try various pre-treatments.

starletta8

If we're talking oils, I love Butter London's Handbag Holiday. Plus, it smells good.

Since I didn't want to deal with my mani set last time I did my nails, I tried Caudalie Divine Oil since it was sitting on my bedside table. It did a nice job. I let it sink in for a good 10 min then wiped off the excess.

I believe in not letting the color totally try between coats- I got that from a celeb manicurist who taught a master class that I took. Just make sure they're totally try before the top coat- and wrap the tips with any longwear top coat since they cause a bit of shrinkage.

Latest posts