Chanel Spring 2011

Bonitinha

Oh, Cheryl -- I bet you were rendered speechless as you were lying on the ground!! Ouch!
My fave was when I was in college and I was coming out of my apartment building -- I slipped on ice on the very first step and fell all of the way down a flight of stairs. I immediately looked up, you know, to see if anyone saw -- and saw a city bus waiting at a light in front of me
icon_eek.gif
So embarrasing!

Andromeda18_

Hi,

I've been thinking of buying Rouge Allure #87 - Joyeuse and #86 - Désinvolte, but I was wondering if they're similar to any of the lipsticks from the Spring collection.
Does anyone here know? I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could actually post comparative swatches.
Thanks! :)

Shypo

Oh, Cheryl -- I bet you were rendered speechless as you were lying on the ground!! Ouch!
My fave was when I was in college and I was coming out of my apartment building -- I slipped on ice on the very first step and fell all of the way down a flight of stairs. I immediately looked up, you know, to see if anyone saw -- and saw a city bus waiting at a light in front of me
icon_eek.gif
So embarrasing!
Oh, yes, there's almost always an audience when you don't want it, and none when you do! When I bounced my face off of the porch, I lay there for about 10 minutes because no one could hear me hollering. No neighbors home, my son in the opposite end of the house. He walked in after I managed to get up and get into the house. Timing is everything!

Andromeda, Joyeuse is nothing like the Spring lip colors - it's somewhere in-between. Jersey Rose is a peachy pink, Flamboyante is a brighter pinky-red color. Joyeuse is a straight-up clear mid-tone pink. I've not seen or heard of Desinvolte (not available here in the US I'm guessing). I think there are also swatches in the swatch thread for Flamboyante and I know there are some that Elegant and MissQQ posted for Joyeuse....you may want to check there.......

User38

I am not feeling the creativity in peach/coral ls anymore.. unless it's a stunning shade of guava/mango/maracuya or some other exotic fruit..lol

Miss QQ

I believe Desinvolte is a peachy shade that's lighter and more true peach than the spring release Peregrina.
Yup! You are spot on! I compared them earlier in the thread as I held off buying Peregrina to compare it with Desinvolte. I swatched them side up side, but didn't took pics.

Bonitinha

^^I saw gorgeous pics of the Rose Envolee quad. Wish we could get these in the US!!
Sabrina, from The Beauty Look Book, said on her blog today that she is reviewing the cosmetics from the Le Blanc collection. Maybe she will do some comparison swatches of the lipsticks??

Andromeda18_

^^I saw gorgeous pics of the Rose Envolee quad. Wish we could get these in the US!!
Sabrina, from The Beauty Look Book, said on her blog today that she is reviewing the cosmetics from the Le Blanc collection. Maybe she will do some comparison swatches of the lipsticks??

I hope so. I don't like spending money on make up that looks like things I already have, so when buying online comparison swatches are very helpful.

Andromeda18_

The swatches are in the swatch thread -
[h=3]Product Swatches[/h]

That quad is really pretty - I bit the bullet and ordered it on ebay........

Yeah, it really is very pretty. I think I'm going to wait for Sabrina's review before buying anything though. I've noticed the colors in that quad seem to be similar to some of the colors in Tentations Cuivrée and Regard Perlée so I'm going to exert some caution.

elegant-one

Hey, I couldn't see the swatches of the quad in that link anywhere...I must not be seeing them. I checked the Chanel swatch thread???
sigh.gif

Shypo

^^ I don't think there were swatches, just a pic of the quad (if you're talking about the one I posted) -

And yes, RE looks somewhat similar to TC, but not the same I don't think. I'll see when I get it. Hope I'm not bummed.
sigh.gif

If anyone is interested, Sephora has the non-Sephora-exclusive Dior Addicts online now........oh my!!!