Chanel Spring 2011

elegant-one

^yep, that whole NM nailpolish was so confusing!

So here is my dilemma with the GC thing. $25, but I have to drive over an hour & saks tax rate is 8% which really adds up if your buying a lot. So gas & taxes really eats up that $25! But hubby asked me the other day if I was ready for a 'trip'
girlhaha.gif

mrslid

IMPORTANT SPRING COLLECTION INFO:

Here's some more info ladies. I asked my FABULOUS Chanel SA some of the questions we've come up with on here and here are her responses:

Here are your answers -

The quad is square version

The JC should be baked but it is not specified in the description

LEs are as follows: Ombre Perlees De Chanel, Poudre Universelle Compacte, Rouge Double Intensite

US only promos are as follows: Les 4 Ombre, JC, Rouge Double Intensite Everything else should be permanent to the collections

The 5 color is 65.00

Edit: I asked for further info since I was surprised the Le Vernis were not listed as LE and wondered if the US only promos were also LE and this is the response I got:

The Le Vernis are not marked as LE or US only. The only US promo that is LE is the Rouge Double Intensite.

Interesting.....surely Black Pearl must be LE and maybe they just neglected to note it in the promo info right????

mrslid

^yep, that whole NM nailpolish was so confusing!

So here is my dilemma with the GC thing. $25, but I have to drive over an hour & saks tax rate is 8% which really adds up if your buying a lot. So gas & taxes really eats up that $25! But hubby asked me the other day if I was ready for a 'trip'
girlhaha.gif
Hmm that does suck. Can you use the GC online? Geee I wish my hubby would take me on 'trips'!

Bonitinha

What angled brush do you use to line with shadow? A MAC 206 or 208? I can't remember which one I have, but it is a tad too thick to get a nice precise line.
Have you been fine with the baked blushes? I really want the new one in the Spring collection -- I just haven't tried the baked version yet. I wonder why they are converting everything to baked? I guess US is the only country who hasn't had the baked version. Anyways, I will probably end up getting it because that is the exact shade I have been looking for :)

mrslid

What angled brush do you use to line with shadow? A MAC 206 or 208? I can't remember which one I have, but it is a tad too thick to get a nice precise line.
Have you been fine with the baked blushes? I really want the new one in the Spring collection -- I just haven't tried the baked version yet. I wonder why they are converting everything to baked? I guess US is the only country who hasn't had the baked version. Anyways, I will probably end up getting it because that is the exact shade I have been looking for :)
I have two MAC 208's. One for my little brows and one for lining. I LOVE that brush...it's so tiny!!

I'm not a huge fan of the baked blushes. I have all 3 from the fall collection and they are starting to harden up a bit. It's funny they start out so soft? I do love the colours though so I think I'll just need to find a better brush to use with them. I still use my 187 for the Fall ones and my harder, older Rose Petal I use my 116 but it's not really cutting it.

Monsy

With baked blushes you just need to scrape a surface a little bit and they will be soft again. I used to do that with bourjois blushes. they are also baked and they get hard (much harder than chanel)

purrtykitty

^^Bourjois is owned by Chanel, I believe. So it makes sense they're blushes are formulated nearly the same, just not quite the high quality.

I had heard a rumor Black Satin was being d/c'd, so perhaps Black Pearl is replacing it in the permanent as a more modern take on black.

shontay07108

^^Bourjois is owned by Chanel, I believe. So it makes sense they're blushes are formulated nearly the same, just not quite the high quality.

I had heard a rumor Black Satin was being d/c'd, so perhaps Black Pearl is replacing it in the permanent as a more modern take on black.

I was so sad when Sephora dropped Bourjois. I loved it and used it to work my way up to Chanel.

Monsy

Now Ulta also discontinued Bourjois. How sad :(
I am excited to see swatches of JC from spring collection.

elegant-one

One of my favorite products ever from Bourjois were those double ended lip pencils! I bought every color they made. It had a liner on one end & the full lip pencil on the other . The colors are gorgeous.

Miss QQ

I bought Riva today! The blue/violet shimmer in the bottle is mesmerising! I also bought the loose powder in 20 as my current one is finally emptying after more than 2 years, and I use it about 6 times a week.

Winthrop44

Did you get any of the fall blushes like Pink explosion or Rose temptation? They were baked. From what I've read they're just trying to consolidate manufacturing, so I guess they had to make a choice for all baked or all non-baked. Although the CS guy did write to me that some future JCs would still be the non-baked type so I'm not sure where that leaves us! lol

How do you know what shade the Spring JC really is? Have I missed some swatches?

Bonitinha

I didn't get Pink Explosion (I was kicking myself about not getting it). I wish they would have consolidated to being non-baked. Oh well, it won't keep me from getting the Spring blush!!
Here is a link where there is a close up of the blush (from Almus):
http://pamperedandpolished.co.uk/2010/11/chanel-spring-makeup-collection-2011-les-pearles-de-chanel/

elegant-one

I didn't get Pink Explosion (I was kicking myself about not getting it). I wish they would have consolidated to being non-baked. Oh well, it won't keep me from getting the Spring blush!!
http://pamperedandpolished.co.uk/2010/11/chanel-spring-makeup-collection-2011-les-pearles-de-chanel/
Aww, cause PE is beautiful!

Bad girl, bad girl :) I was trying to talk myself out of so much from this collection....until I looked at everything again in that link aghhh!
I spent Soooo much on the kids for Christmas that I was telling myself that I didn't need a lot of new makeup
girlhaha.gif
Ok, everybody go ahead & laugh - its ok ;)

I just saw your 12 days of Christmas ornaments on sale in an email from PB! - It made me think of you :)

Bonitinha

Elegant -- I know, the Spring pics are so gorgeous -- and I want everything!! You'll have to let me know what you end up getting.
Have you gotten most of your shopping done? Will your son and DIL be staying with you for Chrismtas? I am almost done with the presents, now I need to wrap. I bought lots of wrapping paper, only to come home and realize I still have a ton of paper LOL. I just get so excited about everything :) I am obsessed with the 12 days of christmas everything they have out! (Hubs is not so enamored)

Winthrop44

That does look pretty, but to me the pan pics of JCs are not really that helpful. Waiting for skin swatches! :)

Bonitinha

Me too, I am dying to see swatches of everything. Especially the lipsticks and glosses. Lipsticks always look different on me than in the tube. Those pics are drool worthy LOL

elegant-one

Well, I TRIED to find anything from this collection on my long shopping "trip" this weekend - I was on the hunt
girlhaha.gif
NOTHING! Sometimes my Saks will get it even earlier than what they tell me. My for sures are the 2 es palettes, blush, eyeliner & black pearl polish.
We need to see some swatches now!

We're going to our Son's for Christmas (hoping that there will NOT be a snow storm) in the big city. This will be our first Christmas out which feels kinda weird. I had to laugh though, the kids are so excited that they spent all day yesterday getting a tree & decorating their house - cute. I've been officially done with the gifts 3 weeks ago - but now I keep adding to them which I said I wouldn't do this year. When we were at Nordies over the weekend, we ended up getting them each the new Prada perfume/cologne gift sets, so now I am totally done! I bought NO makeup on this trip! Shocked right!

Why does your hubby not like the 12 days of Christmas LOL!? :)

Yeah, the wrapping paper is always out of control because you have to have something new every year right, so there are always bunches of past rolls :) Maybe we should recycle the old one year.

Bonitinha

^^Bummer you couldn't find anything from the new collection. I am getting anxious for swatches. That will be fun for you to go to your son's house. And how cute that they were getting all ready for it. They are lucky to have you!!
I got some really pretty paper from Target -- except for it left glitter everywhere. I will probably be sporting giltter around for days (I''ll be extra fancy). lol
My husband doesn't mind the 12 days of Christmas -- he just doesn't think I need those cute dishes by Williams Sonoma or Pottery barn, the ornaments, etc. Bascially he just doesn't want me to spend the $ on them. Such a man! ha