Chanel Spring 2011

Camnagem

Hi Ladies!
friends.gif

I'm actually wearing Flamboyante today and I think it's totally day/office wearable (or in my case grocery store, house shopping, and errand-running wearable, lol). I have the Taupe-Delicat Duo on the eyes with Cassis liner and Sur blush on the cheeks and Play it Proper BP on the cheekbones. I love Flamboyante...it's become my new favorite strawberry red shade!

I'm right there with you guys on the recent MAC high! I love everything I got from the MC collection, what a star that one turned out to be! I'm planning on a stash purge sometime this year and I know I'll be keeping all of these new items for sure (Play it Proper, too...LOVE that!!!).

elegant-one

Hi Elegant! Ya, it didn't really bug me too much, except for the fact that I've gotta make another trip later on this week and I've been so anxious to get my goodies!

I'm also enjoying my MAC goodies (from Peacocky), especially Dalliance e/s and Woo Me!
Hi my dear!!!

So, I'm wondering if you end up with what you wanted the first time, or if you wish list will change when you go back ;)

I may pick up Dalliance yet. I have really loved my last MAC purchases.

Hope the new house & the kids are doing well!

Bonitinha

Is it too early to get excited for the Summer collection yet??
http://karlasugar.net/2011/01/sneak-peek-chanel-summer/chanel-summer-2011-promo/

Gorgeous colors! And I wish I could go around with a flower like that in my hair all the time
pretty.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I wish I could too! With the pink lips and nails. Head to the summer collection thread to discuss the collection!
th_DANCE.gif

stv578

Oh my that picture is beautiful! I love the lips and the nails, and if that is the quad on the eyes, it's gorgeous as well. This is not good news for my wallet! (Will probably post this again in the appropriate thread!)

Elegant, Dalliance is one of my all-time favourite e/s's! I have worn it literally for the last week straight. Today I used it all over the lid and added the deep purple shade from the Enigma quad on the outer corner, blended the two and lined the upper lash line with my usual graphite ink gel liner (BB). Used a matte ivory shade on the browbone though, or else it would've been too shimmery!

I missed out on Sur blush though, I suck. Totally forgot about that in my excitement for Peacocky, but did end up getting Yash l/s.

ETA: Elegant, the kids are great, growing up too fast and even my baby girl is now losing her "baby" face and transitioning into a litte girl :( The house is great, we've settled in now, lots of scratches on the floor already, but we're loving the space! Thanks for asking! Hope you and your super sweet hubby are well also! (((hugs)))

mrslid

Lying by the Infiniti pool looking out at the ocean wearing Chanel spring an Riva. Could life be any better?! Hope you are all well 

elegant-one

Michelle - that promo is just gorgeous! Do we know what is on her lips? I love the lips & nails.

Nora - aww, she's losing her baby face :( She's such a little doll. Too bad but expected - the scratches on the floor.We are thinking of replacing one of our room's flooring with bamboo wood flooring. Our son used the dark bamboo all throughout their house & with the dog & cat & entertaining they do - it does not show any wear!!! SOLD. Yeah, isn't that crazy. Their house was chosen by the city to do one of those Home show tours - they had over 500 people through their place & that flooring held up like no one even walked on it - crazy!

I will check out Dalliance again this weekend. I was afraid it would be too frosty.

Agghh - that promo shot is the perfect everyday, Spring, Summer whenever makeup look. Love it.

Hope you get your Chanel goodies soon.

Bonitinha

Elegant -- I am dying to know what the model is wearing on her lips/nails, too. From these swatches: http://karlasugar.net/2011/01/sneak-peek-chanel-summer/chanel-summer-collection/
It looks like maybe Pink Peony glossimer and Morning Rose n/p. LOVE
heart.gif

Christa -- jealous of you right now!! Enjoy your vacay!

Nora -- my little one is starting to lose her baby face, too. Kinda sad. They just grow up too fast!

Honey&LemonGirl

^ I thought it was Morning Rose n/p and Pink Peony glossimer as well. Gorrrgeous.

Elegant, I purchased Dalliance and found it much too frosty for me so I returned it. But the color of it was sooo beautiful. It looked great in some of the EOTD pics I saw in the thread though, just wish I had the kind of eye and lid shape (and complexion) that looked good with that color & finish.

User38

hi ladies..

hope you all had a lovely Jan. so far.. lol. I am lagged but back and did no mu shopping except some small stuff in DF airports.. ha.

I did fall in love again with Allure Emotive -- has anyone tried it? it is a sheer and gorgeous raspberry which stays on me for a good half an Atlantic flight but only half.

hugs to my pink pants partner
friends.gif

elegant-one

hi ladies..

hope you all had a lovely Jan. so far.. lol. I am lagged but back and did no mu shopping except some small stuff in DF airports.. ha.

I did fall in love again with Allure Emotive -- has anyone tried it? it is a sheer and gorgeous raspberry which stays on me for a good half an Atlantic flight but only half.

hugs to my pink pants partner
friends.gif

kissy.gif

OMG - yes, I LOVE LOVE Emotive on

so glad you're back

User38

darlin Elegant -- you know I had always just sniffed around Emotive and thought it would not be too me.. whatever and whomever I be.. lol

but now I must hunt down another..
sneaky.gif

It is lovely to be back after so many days on the road
sigh.gif

Almus

So the spring collection has eventually arrived! I didn't have much spare time for shopping this afternoon but I ended up getting Peregrina and Peche just in case ... you know how collections usually fly away from counters ... I swatched almost everything on the back of my hands to look at them outside the store (you should have seen me a bit later buying groceries with all my hands full of make up ... =D). I love Black Pearl and Coquette, to the point I thought in going back in a rush to the counter and get them. But when I got home I found the new RCs sneak peak at karlasugar's blog and now I am not so sure about waiting a bit to splurge on those instead on the stuff in the spring collection (I am on a not-spending-too-much-on-make-up phase).

Bonitinha

So the spring collection has eventually arrived! I didn't have much spare time for shopping this afternoon but I ended up getting Peregrina and Peche just in case ... you know how collections usually fly away from counters ... I swatched almost everything on the back of my hands to look at them outside the store (you should have seen me a bit later buying groceries with all my hands full of make up ... =D). I love Black Pearl and Coquette, to the point I thought in going back in a rush to the counter and get them. But when I got home I found the new RCs sneak peak at karlasugar's blog and now I am not so sure about waiting a bit to splurge on those instead on the stuff in the spring collection (I am on a not-spending-too-much-on-make-up phase).
What's that?? Tee hee
girlhaha.gif
I really always say that, and then something fabulous seems to come along! Glad you got the collection at your counters!!

Almus

Not-spending-too-much-on-make-up phases are always coming from a I-have-spent-too-much-on-clothes period
girlhaha.gif
(you can change clothes for shoes, bags, jewellery, etc) so I kinda feel guilty. But this time I think I won't be able to scape to Jersey Rose at least ... it must be so flattering on! ... and maybe let Coquette and the np for later (they are going to stay on the permanent collection, aren't they?)

So, heading to bed now. Tomorrow it will be Peregrina's debut
clapping.gif
so I have to rest well, lol.

stv578

Hi ladies!

I finally got my spring items yesterday! I stuck to the list, getting only Jersey Rose, the quad, peach polish and Espiegle. Would've tried at least something on today, but... forgot my bag at work! Oh well. I passed on the glossimers, I'll hold out till the summer collection, but my Chanel hauls do not feel complete without at least one glossimer!

Elegant, the dark floors are really stunning! We put in a dark (not quite espresso, but dark) stained oak flooring, and it shoes everything! The bamboo flooring sounds amazing!

Michelle, I think we're going to have to PM each other for support for the next little while as we get used to our baby girls growing up! It is bittersweet! I bought my daughter a black sweater with sparkly pink hearts on it, the first time I've bought her anything black, and she looked just like a mini-me!!! (I almost always wear black with blue jeans, I'm known for that!). She loved the sweater so much, she's worn it 4 days straight!

HerGreyness, welcome back!

Almus, enjoy your new goodies and be sure to report back!

Christa, I am insanely jealous, it is bitter cold out this week. Have fun!

Everyone else, HI!!!

Almus

Oh, I am totally in love with Peregrina ... it's the perfect orangy /rosy shade to my lips. I have worn it for about 4 hours before to re-apply (my lips are insanely dry lately because of the cold and the lip colour looks awful when it starts to fade to I have to re-apply quite often =/).

Now I think I will eventually splurge with Jersey Rose and the JC just to have some fun while looooong long waiting for the RC Shines and the summer collection
girlhaha.gif

stv your little girl must be gorgeus dressing like a little version of you. Time goes on so fast when you got a child around ... it's surprising how fast they change and grow!

mrslid I envy you so much right now! I am having a very busy time at work now and I just was thinking I need to take a break when I read your post about the pool and Riva. Drooling!

User38

Thank you Stv.. enjoy your goodies and your little girl
heart.gif

Almus I passed on Peregrina.. it pulled too orange yellow on me.. dunno but I picked up the Coquette and have enough coral ls to last me till I'm 90 and rockin pick pants
pompom.gif

I am back to my fuschias and raddichios on the lips with my new hair colour !!

Shadowy Lady

so this collection is finally at my counter today so I will go after work tomorrow and check it out. I'm back to not knowing what I want again, lol!

bis

[quote name="stv578" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1140#post_2075299"] Hi ladies!

I finally got my spring items yesterday! I stuck to the list, getting only Jersey Rose, the quad, peach polish and Espiegle. Would've tried at least something on today, but... forgot my bag at work! Oh well. I passed on the glossimers, I'll hold out till the summer collection, but my Chanel hauls do not feel complete without at least one glossimer!

Elegant, the dark floors are really stunning! We put in a dark (not quite espresso, but dark) stained oak flooring, and it shoes everything! The bamboo flooring sounds amazing!

Michelle, I think we're going to have to PM each other for support for the next little while as we get used to our baby girls growing up! It is bittersweet! I bought my daughter a black sweater with sparkly pink hearts on it, the first time I've bought her anything black, and she looked just like a mini-me!!! (I almost always wear black with blue jeans, I'm known for that!). She loved the sweater so much, she's worn it 4 days straight!

HerGreyness, welcome back!

Almus, enjoy your new goodies and be sure to report back!

Christa, I am insanely jealous, it is bitter cold out this week. Have fun!

Everyone else, HI!!!
[/quote] So, as you left Flamboyante there I had to get it ;) I tried Espiegle today and it is not really what I pictures from the swatches, I need to go back another day to try it again.