Chanel Spring 2011

Bonitinha

Dixie -- enjoy your first Chanel haul! Welcome to the land of enablers haha
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

So, I know I'm late to the party but...I picked up Black Pearl and Peche Nacree today. Also got a lipstick in Peregrina and a Glossimer in Petit Peche. My first Chanel purchases - woohoo!

The Mistral polish is GORGEOUS!

Congrats! What pretty items you picked too, What do you think of Peche Nacree? I love Peregrina

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- I think I have SAD, too! LOL I need one of those special lights they use!

Just ordered myself the Dunes quad, Ming RAL, and Instinctive l/s. I figure it's cheaper than therapy, right??

purrtykitty

Hehe, well your rings are gorgeous, Momma Spy! I think we'll have to win the lottery for me to get an upgrade...I'm lucky I started out with a whole lotta bling.
greengrin.gif

purrtykitty

Oh, I have a bunch of Butter Londons to post. And I pre-ordered the whole RBL Spring line, but that won't arrive until March. :( I do plan on swatching my entire Chanel Le Vernis collection. I have around 50 or so...I haven't updated my catalog recently. There's still a few I want to get, plus I keep an eye out for the odd fantastic eBay deal.

dixie

Bonitinha - thanks...I'm so excited to try my new goodies!

elegant one - the Peach Nacree is very sheer; I'm thinking it'll be a two or three coat polish for sure. it's sooo pretty and not like anything I own. my gosh...your hair is to-die-for!!!

strix

Hmmm...I was totally thinking that I could pass on Ombres Perlees because of the cooler dark colors...but then I saw Temptalia and Cafe Makeup's looks tonight with that palette and I think it looks pretty wearable. With the gold and pink, purple in the crease and green or charcoal as eyeliner it looks stunning. I'm convinced. Need to sleep on it though-- late night online makeup purchases are never a good idea in my experience!

Miss QQ

Thanks, ladies! I had a great birthday! I also had a hair cut - it is now shoulder length and less messy. :)

Saadeh, Aquarius rocks! :) Any plans on your birthday?

Rachel, I love Espiegle! I have Deep Throat and it is more pink than Espeigle. Espeigle is a very pretty peach that doesn't go orange.

strix

Miss Q- Nothing like a birthday haircut to make you feel your best. Glad to hear your b-day was wonderful!

Also, not sure if it will be helpful to anyone because I'm sure you've all already seen the spring products in person, but in case anyone wants to see, I uploaded some pictures of some things from the spring collection to a Specktra album: http://www.specktra.net/gallery/album/view/id/7580/user_id/87599

User38

geeze... this site is making me think I have eye problems.. grrr

Elegant darlin.. you know I love ratonas... cute lil rats like Minnie Mouse... and you are so absolutely cute, classy and glamourous
friends.gif
.. and I would probably save a lot of money not even coming here.. but alas I am addict too
cry.gif

stv.. thank you darlin .. you are adorable!

Elegant I wrote to a chemist pal last evening and got his response a few minutes ago.. he tells me that some of the white pigments in the White perle np might be "sensitive" to chlorine, salt, sea air or sun.. I am still loling about that.. the use of the word "sensitive" -- now I have to worry about my np being sensitve too!

For $ 25 a bottle.... and it comes with sensitivity
girlhaha.gif

oh and my thumb doesn't work anymore.. I posted it in a W W swatch thread and am fully awaiting my Go to Jail notice from the mods.. but seems like nobody is doing much about the techisssuessssssssss.

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- glad you had a great birthday! Hope you are loving your new 'do. I'm getting my hair done this weekend. I'm thinking about a long side swept bang and I might go get some of those clip in hair extensions. I have 2 friends that just got them and they look amazing. Although, how do you explain the major hair growth overnight??

HG -- yes, lol to the sensitive nail polish. I guess I would be safe with the white nail polish -- since I am nowhere near salt, sea air, or sun lately -- le sigh!!
sigh.gif

I was so good last month and didn't buy any makeup and this month I have already been so naughty . . . I just keep telling hubs its his Valentine present to me
heart.gif

MzzRach

Thanks, ladies! I had a great birthday! I also had a hair cut - it is now shoulder length and less messy. :)

Saadeh, Aquarius rocks! :) Any plans on your birthday?

Rachel, I love Espiegle! I have Deep Throat and it is more pink than Espeigle. Espeigle is a very pretty peach that doesn't go orange.

Thanks, lovely! I may need to break down and get that blush along with Jersey Rose. I do love my Chanel. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

FYI, I've notified the admins once again about the site "wonkiness". Hopefully some of these glitches will be addressed soon, I am having issues thanking posts as well, sometimes I can, somtimes I am "over the limit". Thanks for your patience, I know it is frustrating. I suggest posting in the "site bugs and reporting thread", found here http://www.specktra.net/forum/thread/171075/new-specktra-platform-feedback-and-bug-reporting, with any issues so they can all be tracked in one place.

Hope all of you in the snow are staying safe and warm. *hugs*

MzzRach

Miss Q- Nothing like a birthday haircut to make you feel your best. Glad to hear your b-day was wonderful!

Also, not sure if it will be helpful to anyone because I'm sure you've all already seen the spring products in person, but in case anyone wants to see, I uploaded some pictures of some things from the spring collection to a Specktra album: http://www.specktra.net/gallery/album/view/id/7580/user_id/87599
Great pics! Thanks for posting. ;-)

Miss QQ

MissQQ -- glad you had a great birthday! Hope you are loving your new 'do. I'm getting my hair done this weekend. I'm thinking about a long side swept bang and I might go get some of those clip in hair extensions. I have 2 friends that just got them and they look amazing. Although, how do you explain the major hair growth overnight??

HG -- yes, lol to the sensitive nail polish. I guess I would be safe with the white nail polish -- since I am nowhere near salt, sea air, or sun lately -- le sigh!!
sigh.gif

I was so good last month and didn't buy any makeup and this month I have already been so naughty . . . I just keep telling hubs its his Valentine present to me
heart.gif
lol Gorgeous hair needs no explanation. I want to try hair extensions too, but I wonder if they will feel funny on my scalp. So you picked Dunes, Ming and Instinctive as your Valentine gifts? Ming is beautiful, you will love it!

HG - thanks for the info on the sensitive White Pearl. If it is sensitive to light, Chanel should have made it in an opaque bottle, like Gold Fiction, or the darkened bottle like their top coat.

stv578

Good morning ladies!

So we didn't really have that much snow yesterday, but the school buses were cancelled, so I kept the kids home and we spent the day indoors! I went onto MAC.ca to order Mighty Aphrodite, had it in my cart, but then got distracted with the kids and when I went back, it was GONE... :( I was so upset, should've ordered it the night before after looking at Temptalia's reviews. Oh well...

Elegant, I agree, Mistral is gorgeous! One of my favourite pink polishes, and applies fairly easily too. If I ever get enough time to do my nails, I will be trying out Peche Nacree.

Bonitinha

lol Gorgeous hair needs no explanation. I want to try hair extensions too, but I wonder if they will feel funny on my scalp. So you picked Dunes, Ming and Instinctive as your Valentine gifts? Ming is beautiful, you will love it!

MissQQ -- these clip in kind of extensions just kind of snap into your hair (there are 3 different layers for the back and sides of hair) and are pretty inexpensive. I tried on my friend's, and they felt really light and natural. Although, she is blonde, so it looked ridiculous with my dark brown hair. I'll let you know if I end up getting them!
I've been wanting those items from the Chanel perm line for a while -- but my husband said "oh, just go ahead and order what you want this month" (since it is Valentines). Does he know how dangerous that could really be?? lol -- he has know idea how long my "want" list is

elegant-one

geeze... this site is making me think I have eye problems.. grrr

Elegant darlin.. you know I love ratonas... cute lil rats like Minnie Mouse... and you are so absolutely cute, classy and glamourous
friends.gif
.. and I would probably save a lot of money not even coming here.. but alas I am addict too
cry.gif

stv.. thank you darlin .. you are adorable!

Elegant I wrote to a chemist pal last evening and got his response a few minutes ago.. he tells me that some of the white pigments in the White perle np might be "sensitive" to chlorine, salt, sea air or sun.. I am still loling about that.. the use of the word "sensitive" -- now I have to worry about my np being sensitve too!

For $ 25 a bottle.... and it comes with sensitivity
girlhaha.gif

oh and my thumb doesn't work anymore.. I posted it in a W W swatch thread and am fully awaiting my Go to Jail notice from the mods.. but seems like nobody is doing much about the techisssuessssssssss.
I have a new description/name
greengrin.gif
I am a Ratonas
w00t.gif
girlhaha.gif
but you are too sweet!
heart.gif

Well, that is interesting to know about the white np. Like Michelle, I only wish to be around chlorine, sea air or sun -
nope.gif