Chanel Spring 2011

marajode

Why am I looking in this thread right now???
And the day before I go to Nordstroms.
This thread is like a crack dealer.
You guys have me looking at Armani, now lemming like mad one of the Transluminescence liners, and the interest piqued about 518.

I want to stop by the Chanel counter. If you guys could pick one shadow from Chanel, what would it be? (I want to look at Taupe delicat)
and maybe one of the long wearing lippies. IDK. Then again, I will be going after a Physical Therapy appointment. I might look a little too scruffy to shop. eh, don't know yet. We'll see.

mama mia!

I wish you all could have been here to eat the ridiculous amounts of food.
Greek and Middle Eastern foods are another one of my weaknesses. (and if I weren't married, Greek men would be too. And Italian, oh, the eyes, mmmm droopy Italian eyes.
sigh.gif
.... I digress)

I made enough food yesterday and the night before that I had to put in the freezer before I ate it all. I wish you all had been here, because it was just my husband, my daughter and me.
I like to cook more than I have people to feed. That can be a problem if you like to eat as much as I do, and trying to lose weight. It's rather masochistic on my part.

Oh, and I have about 4 of the WnW Icon palettes, and one from the holiday. They do make some good palettes. I like them too for some travel. With the pricetag of 2 something (BOGOF), I'm not worried if I lose or break, etc.
I've been keeping an eye out, but haven't seen the 8 shadow palettes yet.

User38

C! I was like a dog digging for my bone.. the Es is : Monocolour Midnite plum. dark dark plum shade.. I wore it today to work and it held on like a champ.. wo any primer or anything under it.

As for KL .. I so agree with you.. she is a good looking woman but definitely needs her mu as well as some clothing that fits !

As we mature, we NEED lovely mu -- or we have a slow and extremely painful demise
thud.gif

User38

marajode.. lol

yea it's all in those eyes.. although my late hubby had the most gorgeous blue eyes but they weren't droopy.. lol. I love the meditterean men with dark skin and light eyes.. oh yea. In Chanel, I would get the duo ES.. you get more for your money... and they have lovely combos.. the Rose/creamy rose (hell I really hate names) is really pretty... but so is the dark eggplant one and the taupe one.. lol

don't worry.. buying good mu is like eating food... a necessary pleasure.. enjoy!
heart.gif

elegant-one

Def. check out the duos! Esp. Taupe Delicate.

funny post - I loved this ----> Why am I looking in this thread right now???
And the day before I go to Nordstroms.
This thread is like a crack dealer.

like coke & hookers to charlie sheen....
icon_eek.gif
dance.gif

elegant-one

Ok, I may have to give Coquette another looksie. Maybe it was the lighting where I was.

Sooo you nabbed one - do you like it on?

hugs

Bonitinha

As for KL .. I so agree with you.. she is a good looking woman but definitely needs her mu as well as some clothing that fits !

As we mature, we NEED lovely mu -- or we have a slow and extremely painful demise
thud.gif
Yes KL really is trying to be 20 . . . the gig is up . . . bless her heart . . . :)

I agree, we definitely need mu as we age. I am noticing some fine lines around my eyes starting. Anyone know of any fab eye creams that work?? I had a bunch of Chanel samples that I've been using. They are nice and feel lovely -- but I haven't seen the results yet. Would love some recs!

Bonitinha

Marajode -- funny that you mention all of your Mediterranean food -- my sister just invited us over for gyros. Yumma! And pitas+hummus=delish (but dragon garlic breath
angry.gif
)
Oh, and you asked about fave shadows -- I only have quads -- Enigma (smokey) and Mystic Eyes (has a plummy brown, bronze, pink and silver). Love both. I will be getting Dunes shortly (neutral). Have you tried the Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss? It is a great formula -- more pigmented and lasts longer than regular gloss. As long as you're going to the Chanel counter, might as well make the most of it!

Can't wait for my Chanel package to finally get here . . . I love the sound of that UPS truck approaching
heart.gif

User38

Bonitinha.. yea.. thats life so the man sang..We get older, but not better.. lol.

my personal favs for eye creams: the Sublimage Eye Cream is a winner.. also good is the Renutriv EL eye cream with the black top.. and also the new eye serum from EL.. all of these work. I use a serum, then the Sublimage and then the EL cream.. it's a lot of product but they sink in without greasey feel and have really helped me with getting rid of the froggy eye look from last year.. actually my eyes are holding up pretty well for an old goat
girlhaha.gif

oh also I really love the BB Eye Balm.. I use it especially when I travel to cold climates and for plane travel which dehydrates you to raisin status.. it's like a pot of hard vaseline, but it works !

elegant-one

I use that HG - Sublimage

Raisin Status - is that what we're heading towards
thud.gif
cry.gif

I am trying out a new eye cream from Philosophy. nothing earth shattering

yay for ups delivery days - I have one tomorrow.

User38

holysheep.gif
Avoiding Raisin Status... that should be our motto.. ARS.. lmao

add an E.. and you have buttocks

User38

the mother of creams is old EL... Chanel is good.. LaMer Eye balm is good too.. I have a whole cabinet full of em.. and I rotate
001_unsure.gif
basing my rotation on the fact that skin being our largest organ, needs change and recharge.. lol.

I personally don't think too much of Philosophy's eye creams.. I do have Hope in a jar. and rotate that one on my face and neck..oh and don't forget your chest and boobies
pompom.gif

User38

I feel like the Titanic -- trying to avoid the inevitable iceberg
cry.gif

Bonitinha.. Revlon makes a great cream.. the Eterna 27 line -- supposedly contains progesterone... but thats baloney cause it's so minimal.. but hey,it works.. my mother has been using it for 30 years.. and looks 20 years younger.. I use it in colder weather too..heard that they are discontinuing it.. but haven't check anything as I have like 3 bus in my fridge... lol

Bonitinha

I feel like the Titanic -- trying to avoid the inevitable iceberg
cry.gif

Bonitinha.. Revlon makes a great cream.. the Eterna 27 line -- supposedly contains progesterone... but thats baloney cause it's so minimal.. but hey,it works.. my mother has been using it for 30 years.. and looks 20 years younger.. I use it in colder weather too..heard that they are discontinuing it.. but haven't check anything as I have like 3 bus in my fridge... lol
Wow, you had me at 20 years younger!! I looked and it was the Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair that I've been using for over a month now. It feels nice, but I haven't noticed any improvement. I've heard great things about the Sublimage eye cream -- but the price
icon_eek.gif
. Maybe I'll check out the Revlon one first.

Unfortunately, I grew up on the beaches in Florida and thought it was pretty hot having a savage tan all of the time. I am kicking myself now!! I did get a medium chemical peel a year and a half ago and it got rid of all of the sun spots -- amazing! But I don't think I could go through that again -- looking like Freddy Kruger for 10 days while my face peeled off -- yikes.

stv578

Michelle, I used the Ultra Correction line repair eye cream for a while with no results whatsoever. I have just started to use a sample of Dermalogica's Multi power firm, which feels really nice and I will also be trying the Intensive eye repair. Funny you asked about eye creams today, my friend asked the same thing and someone suggested Elizabeth Arden's Prevage, saying it works really well.

stv578

Elegant, (((hugs))) right back at ya!

Definitely have another look at Coquette, I know you're more into raspberry pinks, this is definitely more on the coral side, but it is so pretty, and I would think it'd really pop with your skintone and hair colour!

I haven't tried the coveted G blush yet! Maybe tomorrow and will definitely report back. The colour itself doesn't look overly unique, I just hope for the price, the powder is super silky and stays put all day.

Bonitinha

Michelle, I used the Ultra Correction line repair eye cream for a while with no results whatsoever. I have just started to use a sample of Dermalogica's Multi power firm, which feels really nice and I will also be trying the Intensive eye repair. Funny you asked about eye creams today, my friend asked the same thing and someone suggested Elizabeth Arden's Prevage, saying it works really well.
Oh, thank you -- I love hearing about what works for everyone else! I will have to check into some of these
kissy.gif

marajode

Bonitinha, mmmm gyros. that sounds yummy. I love when the result is dragon garlic breath. That means it was probably good :) :) :) :p

Elegant, are you trying the Miracle Worker eye cream? I've been using that for about a month and a half. I have been questioning whether to continue it. I am not really impressed so far, yet not disgusted, just very so so. Don't know if so so is worth what it costs.
I would be happy with something that doesn't just sit on the dang surface of my under eye area, and then wake up dry-feeling.
During the summer I was using just Argon oil on some nights of the week. I swear my eyes liked that better at night.

I have been using the Miracle Worker line, and feeling a little disenchanted with Philosophy in general lately.

I've been thinking of looking into EL actually, and just this very morning was reading some reviews on the Advanced Night Repair eye stuff.
Skincare is just so maddening sometimes.

HG
Chest and boobies. exactly.
I always say as I'm slathering on my magical potions and creams, after finishing my face, it's time to slather from Jaw to Bra.

Bonitinha

Just found more yummy glossy lipsticks over at Cafe Makeup: http://cafemakeup.com/2011/02/dior-upcoming-new-addict-lipsticks-and-nail-polish/#more-7155 I am doomed
thud.gif
Why am I such a sucker for lipsticks lately??

Wondering how all of these other brands will compare to the Rouge Coco Shines?? Wish Chanel would put out more preliminary pics of them (not just their swatches)!

elegant-one

^^^Oh my those look luscious lovely don't they!! I like that vintage peachy pink one on the lips on the card. And, what a great idea to send out cards with samples you can try on. I may investigate these. uh oh..

marajode - its a sample pack that says HOPE on it. I'm not impressed with it at all.

I never like the eye creams as they don't seem like they ever do any good. I did like MAC's a lot, but sometimes it gave me little white under the skin bumps, so I stopped using it. A MAC artist posted here at specktra, that those white bumps are from too heavy of a cream for the eye area.

Nora, I will def. look at it again. I know that Shypo & HG love it too. I agree with the line repair too. Its almost like they appear to work the first couple of times that you use the new cream - & then thats it.

So, this morning I ordered Armani 518 ls & that new black el pencil. Like I need another black el, but it gets the raves...we'll see. I got free ship & no tax so I couldn't resist. I am so bad.

On the Chanel front - my saks lady called me late last night & said there is all kind of drama surrounding the BOY!
girlhaha.gif
They are not getting them until April, they are not allowed to show any of the new shines to anyone until launch (sounds like MAC now) 1 Dillards is getting it
icon_eek.gif
in my area. Needless to say, Saks is ticked off big time.
ohthedrama4vi.gif

Bonitinha

^^Whatever shade Kate Moss is wearing in that 2nd pic is hot (looks like the same one in the card you were talking about) -- especially with the black winged liner.
th_drool.gif

The new pics that MissQQ posted of the Coco Shines are gorgeous. That is too funny about all of the drama surrounding Boy. It cracks me up that they try to be so tight lipped. Don't they see that when we get a preliminary product release, it creates all the hype that causes us to buy the whole line?? lol

Latest posts