Chanel Spring 2013 makeup collection

katred

Specktra Bestie
I saw this collection while walking through Saks this morning. It took everything in me not to make a purchase, but for once, I didn't want to be impulsive. So much of it was beautiful. I swatched the highlighter and it's gorgeous. I think that'll be a Christmas gift to myself. It's seriously beautiful and shows up on my skin. The lipstick, La Favorite is a gorgeous coral and I'm definitely buying that. Mervielle gloss is absolutely gorgeous and although I don't need another gloss, I may have to give in. The matching lipstick, Envoutante is pretty and I think it'll be even better with the gloss on top, but I'm not totally sold on it b/c I don't know if I'd ever wear it alone. So, right now I'm pretty certain about the highlighter and La Favorite. I didn't swatch the quad because it's so familiar to me. I'm excited to actually make a purchase next week.
greengrin.gif
Is La Favourite more an orange-coral or pink-coral (or red-coral)? I'm hoping it's more pinky, although my wallet wants it to be orange, since that would make it harder for me to wear. I'm definitely Interested in Envoutante and now Merveille. Trying to ignore the quad, since I truly do not need more browns (do I?
001_unsure.gif
) but it does look lovely. Even after reading BTiB's review, I still think that the blush will be too orangey on me.

shontay07108

Is La Favourite more an orange-coral or pink-coral (or red-coral)? I'm hoping it's more pinky, although my wallet wants it to be orange, since that would make it harder for me to wear. I'm definitely Interested in Envoutante and now Merveille. Trying to ignore the quad, since I truly do not need more browns (do I? :unsure: ) but it does look lovely. Even after reading BTiB's review, I still think that the blush will be too orangey on me. 
Hm..it's not orange. On my skin it looked like a pink-coral. The only thing I can really compare it to is Flamoyante, but it's pinker than that. The blush is more orange than I expected and I like that. It actually shows on my skin and that's why I think I need it. I thought it would be similar to Gina by Nars which is a light peach, but it's definitely more orange coral. I'm all over it.

Bonitinha

Prelude is more unique, but they are both beautiful. I also got the "soft rose" lipstick (Fantasque) and Merveille.....and thanks to Shontay and sungelly87 I just caved and ordered La Favorite from Nordstrom although the RAV formula is not my favorite.
Gail, how do you like Fantasque -- have you received it yet? Just wondering if it is a must have. You know I like my pinks! I also want Merveille and I"m torn on the quad. I love Prelude and I do have both Naked palettes, so wondering if I need another neutral quad? Looks so pretty.

Winthrop44

Michelle, you were exactly who I thought of when I saw it because I immediately thought it was a pinky nude, but on me it really doesn't have any beige tones. It's sort of along the lines of MAC In Synch lipliner but with a little more blue thrown in. I think it's really pretty. Since it's a light shade it could look very different on your saran wrap lips than it does on my mauvey ones though. Cheryl might be more help if she gets it.

shontay07108

I was snooping around bloomingdales website and I see some of the items from this collection. You have to go to the individual categories like 'lipstick' or 'blush'. I ordered Frivole blush and La Favorite lipstick.

Bonitinha

Michelle, you were exactly who I thought of when I saw it because I immediately thought it was a pinky nude, but on me it really doesn't have any beige tones. It's sort of along the lines of MAC In Synch lipliner but with a little more blue thrown in. I think it's really pretty. Since it's a light shade it could look very different on your saran wrap lips than it does on my mauvey ones though. Cheryl might be more help if she gets it.
Saran Wrap lips still cracks me up every time! lol
I will probably end up getting it. I'm sure it would look pretty with glossimers on top, too. I wish I could see in person!

CartoonChic

I placed my order today through my Saks SA. They have a $150+ GWP. Here's what I ended up getting from the collection.

• Poudre Signée highlighter
  • 39 Raffinement quad
  • 116 Envoutante lipstick
  • 43 La Favorite lipstick
  • 571 Fracas polish

I got a few other things not from the Spring collection that allowed me to qualify for a $25 Saks gift card. I'll use it towards getting Prelude.
greengrin.gif

elegant-one

I was snooping around bloomingdales website and I see some of the items from this collection. You have to go to the individual categories like 'lipstick' or 'blush'. I ordered Frivole blush and La Favorite lipstick.
I HAVE to know what that blush looks like. I'm so behind on everything at the moment do to sheer holiday crazzzzziness
wacko.gif
th_crazy.gif
<----- starting to actually look like that

elegant-one

girlhaha.gif
I don't think you could ever look like that.
amuse.gif
There are days my dear.

OOh, I see where you got the highlighter! I haven't ordered anything ...yet. I know that I really want the new brown eyeliner, the pink & coral ls, the pink np & the quad. I need to see swatches of that blush.

elegant-one

So, I just ordered from Nordies:

The Pink & Red Coral Velvet ls
The Quad
The new Brown waterproof eyeliner - Santal
Fracas np

for now.....
sneaky.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Can't wait to see some swatches from the ladies who have placed your orders. We likely won't see this collection until February here, so I've lots of time to plan out my purchases...

CartoonChic

I'm trying so hard to ignore the blush. Orange/coral/peach are my favorite blush colors. I know very well the Pandora's box that will open if I buy the blush. I'm also tempted by the highlighter blush from the upcoming Les Delices collection. It reminds me of NARS Albatross.

shontay07108

I'm trying so hard to ignore the blush. Orange/coral/peach are my favorite blush colors. I know very well the Pandora's box that will open if I buy the blush. I'm also tempted by the highlighter blush from the upcoming Les Delices collection. It reminds me of NARS Albatross.
YOU KNOW YOU WANT THAT BLUSH. :sneaky: I cancelled my bloomingdales order. I know, I'm a weirdo. I'm going to the mall tomorrow to see it in person again and be sure of what I want.

Latest posts