Bonitinha

So, I just ordered from Nordies:

The Pink & Red Coral Velvet ls
The Quad
The new Brown waterproof eyeliner - Santal
Fracas np

for now.....
sneaky.gif
Let me know when you get everything! I have the quad, Fantasque RA, and Merveille RAeG, and highlight powder in my Nordies cart. Haven't pulled the trigger . . . yet ;)

elegant-one

I am still debating about the highlight powder. It looks so beautiful but I have so many already. ugghh Fantasque will look lovely on you Michelle. I am still wanting it but will wait to see it in person.

Haven

Oh no! This collection is already out? I have been away from this site for a little while. I just wish that this was released after the holidays b/c my $$ is going to gifts right now. What to do?
th_confused_new.gif

QueenOfSnark

My local Nordies JUST got this collection, they hadn't even put up the display when I got there. The pencils weren't out, which was a bit of a bummer, but at least it was less temptation to buy.

Ended up coming home with Captivante RA, Attriance gloss, and Coromandel RA. La Favorite isn't anywhere close to Flamboyante and was VERY pink--I'd say closer to Hyde Park. Precieuse was WAY too light for my skin tone so I'm glad I kept my Nude RA. Captivante is a beautiful copper-rose, like a redder less glittery Fabulous--I'm glad this isn't marked as LE as this may just become my everyday lippy. Attriance is a BEAUTIFUL peachy nude and looks great paired with Captivante. It's not quite deep enough for me to serve as a nude lip on its own but that might work better on lighter tones. I'm sure it'd be pretty paired with Precieuse.

I didn't look at the nps since work kills my nails, but they looked a bit blah to me--nothing you couldn't get through OPI. The highlighter was true to the promo pic with its pinkish hue. Frivole JC was quite orange and reminded me a lot of Horizon (the JC, not last year's stripey blush). Didn't swatch either since I'm allergic to Chanel's face products...good for my wallet but dang I wanted that blush. ;_;

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark
. La Favorite isn't anywhere close to Flamboyante and was VERY pink--I'd say closer to Hyde Park.

Are you sure it wasn't L'Eleclante? hmmm

Thanks for the info!

msmaelca

Im so excited the collection is out in the US and blogs etc are posting swatches!
Here are some videos on youtube if you are interested:) (not my videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2_O4k5sOQ0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIkAPlJoxsc

Winthrop44

Thank you! I love Michele's videos! I forget which other one of hers I've seen but yeah...I really like her alot. What's the url for her blog?

mac_aiken

Okay ladies I went bat crap crazy at the Chanel counter today. My Nordies called yesterday to say that they had the products in but they currently are mixed in with the rest of the permanent line and not in a Spring Collection display yet.

I got the highlighting powder. It is so beautiful. It comes with a sponge applicator for using as a highlight but is also very pretty brushed lightly on the entire face with a fluffy brush especially if you are as pale as I am.

Beryl eyeliner
Captivante RA
Attriance RA gloss
Illusoire IdO (even though it isn't in the spring collection)

After Christmas I am probably going back for Or Rose e/l, the blush, La Favorite RAV and Merveille RA gloss.

elegant-one

Okay ladies I went bat crap crazy at the Chanel counter today. My Nordies called yesterday to say that they had the products in but they currently are mixed in with the rest of the permanent line and not in a Spring Collection display yet.

I got the highlighting powder. It is so beautiful. It comes with a sponge applicator for using as a highlight but is also very pretty brushed lightly on the entire face with a fluffy brush especially if you are as pale as I am.

Beryl eyeliner
Captivante RA
Attriance RA gloss
Illusoire IdO (even though it isn't in the spring collection)

After Christmas I am probably going back for Or Rose e/l, the blush, La Favorite RAV and Merveille RA gloss.
lol.gif

So what did you think of the blush color?

elegant-one

I love what she says in the flowerbomb youtube - "I'm trying not to make a face or laugh....I'm immature"
lol.gif

Winthrop - I really liked how fantasque ls looked in her video

shontay07108

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to the mall today b/c this cold I've been battling for the past 2 days floored me this morning. Rolled out of bed late w/ everything aching. I feel better now, though and hopefully that'll continue into tomorrow morning. Question: I heard some of these items are permanent, is that true? If so, which ones? I'm thinking of skipping La Favorite. As beautiful as it is, with the state of my lips right now, I don't think it'll do me any favors. Still sure I'm getting that blush, I'm fighting myself on the highlighter (so gorgeous, but the price, but so gorgeous!), and I'm thinking if I skip La Favorite, I can get the plum gloss and the matching lipstick because what is a haul from me without a lip product?

Bonitinha

Do you ladies know if the quad is perm or LE? This may help me size down my order (or maybe not . . . ) ;)

Elegant -- this arm swatch of the blush might help you decide:
http://makeupmagpie.blogspot.com/

looks very pretty on her arm! I can only imagine it with the highlighter dusted on cheekbones. Looks like a great shade for dark or light skintones.

Rads

Do you ladies know if the quad is perm or LE? This may help me size down my order (or maybe not . . . ) ;)

Elegant -- this arm swatch of the blush might help you decide:
http://makeupmagpie.blogspot.com/

looks very pretty on her arm! I can only imagine it with the highlighter dusted on cheekbones. Looks like a great shade for dark or light skintones.
I overheard one of the SAs telling someone it is an LE.

MaryJane

Spent way too much $$ at the Chanel counter yesterday. I don't know the names of all the colors but here's what I got....the quad, the blush, both glosses (Mervielle and Attriance?), the pink matte lipstick, Captivante l/s, both of the lighter lipsticks (the peach and the pink). I haven't worn any of it yet but I did try on both of the lighter lipsticks in the store and anyone who likes a nude lip will love these. They looked amazing with Attiance on top.

Since there have been alot of questions about the blush......it may look orange but it swatches like a true peach. It is very pretty and I didn't see anything like it in my Chanel blush collection (and I have quite a bit). It doesn't remind me of the spring blush from last year at all. The Horizon blush from last year will go perfectly with the new lippies.

The highlighter was very pretty but I couldn't justify spending that much money for it...especially when I don't use highlighter frequently.

With the exception of the matte lipsticks (which are bright), I think all of the colors can be worn now. I can't wait to try them out.

Icecaramellatte

Spent way too much $$ at the Chanel counter yesterday. I don't know the names of all the colors but here's what I got....the quad, the blush, both glosses (Mervielle and Attriance?), the pink matte lipstick, Captivante l/s, both of the lighter lipsticks (the peach and the pink). I haven't worn any of it yet but I did try on both of the lighter lipsticks in the store and anyone who likes a nude lip will love these. They looked amazing with Attiance on top. Since there have been alot of questions about the blush......it may look orange but it swatches like a true peach. It is very pretty and I didn't see anything like it in my Chanel blush collection (and I have quite a bit). It doesn't remind me of the spring blush from last year at all. The Horizon blush from last year will go perfectly with the new lippies. The highlighter was very pretty but I couldn't justify spending that much money for it...especially when I don't use highlighter frequently. With the exception of the matte lipsticks (which are bright), I think all of the colors can be worn now. I can't wait to try them out.
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to check this out. I will have to wait until I finish buying gifts for others until I go back to buying gifts for myself. Te quad looks very plain but I will probably get it. I felt the same way about the fall Premier Regard quad. The colors looked ho hum. But I endeded up buying it a few weeks ago. I only wore it once and then moved on but for some reason I wore it again last week and ended up wearing it 5 days in a row. Love it. I think this new quad will be a great everyday quad as well. Must also get the blush. I'm wondering if its like Reflex blush at all. I like captivante and the two glosses. I'm leaning towards skipping the polishes. Great haul!

CartoonChic

I cancelled my bloomingdales order. I know, I'm a weirdo. I'm going to the mall tomorrow to see it in person again and be sure of what I want.
devil.gif
Lol, you're not going to be any help in me resisting the blush, are you? I hope you feel better soon.
bouquet.gif

All of you other ladies aren't helping to me resist either based on your descriptions. I have NARS Liberte blush and I'm wondering if it's similar to Frivole?