Chanel Summer 2011

mrslid

My amazing Chanel SA just gave me this information on the Summer 2011 collection!!!!

Summer - Face - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronze Corail
(deep beige with coral highlight)
Bronze Rose (natural beige with rose hl)
Eyes - Lilim quad (deep green, lt green, grey,
beige)
Stylo Yeux Waterproof liner - Rose Platine
(silvery rose)
Lips - Glossimer - Aurore (lt orange with pink
shimmer) Pink Peony (pink) Pensee (pink
coral with gold shimmer)
Nails - Mimosa (lemon yellow) Beige Petale
(beige rose) Morning Rose (rose)

My first thought is....ANOTHER GREEN QUAD? What is with Chanel's obsession with green??!!

Miss QQ

Exactly, another green quad? But I'm glad Chanel comes out with an e/s quad for summer. This year, there wasn't one.

Winthrop44

I don't think the Spring one will turn out to be very green really, if we go by the pics we've seen, more like one soft black shade with a green undertone or sheen. This summer one sounds truly green.

switchblade

Based on the descriptions I'm only interested in some of the glossimers. That might change with pictures and swatches though... Thanks for the information mrslid!

mrslid

I don't think the Spring one will turn out to be very green really, if we go by the pics we've seen, more like one soft black shade with a green undertone or sheen. This summer one sounds truly green.
Very true! I guess I can handle having an assortment of green shades ;-) The summer quad seems to sound a lot like Murano though. Grey green. I guess we'll see!

Camnagem

Mimosa must be that gross yellow polish we have a pic for. I'm out on that, but I'd totally love a Mimosa drink!
yummy.gif

Pink Peony (great name!) and Pensee sound pretty though!

purrtykitty

Agreed, that liner sounds very strange. I do like the sounds of the quad, glossimers, and most of the le vernis. That bright yellow may be a no-go, depending on how bold it is.

spookafeller

thanks for the information! that is super exciting! dunno about the green, though. for the money, i might just pick up another backup Enigma.

Honey&LemonGirl

A sneak pic of part of the summer collection from the Belle Bath & Beyond blog. I wanted to post this pic earlier, but Specktra wasn't loading for me the past few days!!

Mimosa is very, very yellow. I think I'll pass. But Beige Petale and Morning Rose look quite nice. And I do like the look of the face compact!

karester

A sneak pic of part of the summer collection from the Belle Bath & Beyond blog. I wanted to post this pic earlier, but Specktra wasn't loading for me the past few days!!

Mimosa is very, very yellow. I think I'll pass. But Beige Petale and Morning Rose look quite nice. And I do like the look of the face compact!

I'm really liking that Morning Rose polish. I'll have to see swatches of everything else though.

Camnagem

I like that face palette/bronzer thing too! You can even see the "CHANEL" imprint on the bottom strip in this new pic...cool! I really am in love with that product, hope it's flattering for my super pale skin.

I remain in the "Hell to the no" on the yellow polish group. That liquid highlighter yellow shade will look so terrible on me, super easy pass!

Aelya

Beige Petale and Morning Rose seeams to be so beautiful, I want mostly Morning Rose !
The Yellow's Polish well... Not for me really !
I can't wait to see more preview, I think I'll really love Glossimer Pensee

bis

Thanks for the info mrslid.

Is Bronze Rose the striped highlighter thingy? I like it and the quad sounds interesting, too. I might hold off on the Dior designer quad in green and wait for more info.
The nail colours somehow to not make a great combination, but I am open for swatches.

Susanne

I love the face compact and the yellow nail polish!! I will add both to my list.

When will this be released?