Chanel Summer 2011

Shypo

I'm in for the glossimers, and maybe the Rose polish....and maybe the highlighter compact......but will likely pass on the quad and the other polishes. Would like to know more about the eye liner - the color itself sounds pretty, but for the eyes??? Really? Pinkeye anyone?

User38

Cool! So far I can pass on everything...my bank account will be very happy!
Agree with mrslid.. and I hope you feel better ! Told ya Chanel would still be here when you got well.

Shypo.. biggest hugs and wishes for a great new year and decade.. Good lord we need it!
th_kiss.gif

elegant-one

funny - we were watching an old Dean Martin & Ann Margaret movie last night - & AM was wearing that yellow nail polish!

she was also wearing large dot pants, feathers, bright green squares, & reallllly low hippy pants
001_unsure.gif

strix

I am loving the idea of yellow for spring/summer, but I think only a select few skin tones can pull it off, mainly tan or olive. I am pale so I'll have to pass.

purrtykitty

The three summer polishes appear to be on evilbay already.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chanel-LE-VERNIS-NAIL-POLISH-MORNING-ROSE-/370470946918?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item5641ca0866

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chanel-LE-VERNIS-NAIL-POLISH-BEIGE-NATUREL-/350427074286?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item519714ceee

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chanel-LE-VERNIS-NAIL-POLISH-MIMOSA-/260714553813?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item3cb3cc61d5

purrtykitty

I've been super busy, and now I've come down with a cold. I'm waiting for an ebay auction to end before I head off to bed.

Miss QQ

Karin, get well soon! It's the season for colds, take care!

elegant, I like the yellow too lol! I have a neon yellow from Essie, Shorty Pants. The formula isn't that fantastic but I like the colour on my toes in summer with white sandals! I can't wait for reviews on Chanel's yellow np.

2browneyes

I'm thinking Aurore glossimer sounds really pretty...wanna try that. And Susanne, I'm with you- I yellow nail polish added to my list :)

mrslid

OMG!! That seller doesn't just have the polishes, she the whole collection!! She even has Rouge Coco Shines!!! How is that possible??!! Is this authentic? It certainly looks authentic.

Camnagem

Ooh!
love.gif

I actually really like the way the quad looks there (minus the round pans...I always like the look of the square pans more for some reason). I could do without that pink shade, but the 2 darker shades look really beautiful! I especially like that taupey-purpley-grey-brown color in the bottom right corner.

I still can't see myself working the yellow polish. That's going to look just terrible on me, lol. Oh well, I'll just stick to bright orange, coral, pink and turquoise shades this Summer like normal.

Honey&LemonGirl

The only item that's really catching my eye in this collection is the Bronze Corail powder. It looks absolutely lovely. :) I can't wait till the RC Shines come out though. The colors that the eBay seller has look really interesting! It's too bad I really dislike that sort of twist-up packaging (like the YSL RVs and the MAC Slimshines). I always feel like it gets messy too easily.

Looks like my first Chanel haul of 2011 is probably going to be Bronze Corail, the Vitalumiere Aqua, and Peregrina!

mrslid

The RC Shines on eBay almost looked like they had a frost finish. I really hope that's not what they meant by "shine"? Looks like another quad I won't be able to pass up though...go figure LOL.
I'm thinking that Bronze Corail powder is likely a no no for my pale skin so at least I can save a bit on that ;-)

RedVelvetX

I love those two dark colors in the quad too
love.gif
Can't wait for the swatches already. She seems to have a lot of sample sizes for the lipsticks.

mrslid

Ooohhh lots of sample sized lipsticks sounds fun! We're all going to be in bidding wars against each other now LOL

elegant-one

Personally, I would not pay the same price or more for a Chanel lipstick that had a sticker (not for sale - LMAO) on it. I would have to have a pristine one
lol.gif