Chanel Summer 2013

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ugh, I hate waiting for this collection. Anyone in Canada see it at The Bay yet?
We're usually late with the Chanel collections (except for those times when we're a month or so early...). I just saw the new Rouge Cocos and Glossimers this week at the Bay and that's been out several weeks in the States already.

elegant-one

I think it was best things in beauty that had a nice swatch of Pygmalion. She loved it so much that she is getting a bu. she also said its 30 percent more pigmented.

shontay07108

I think it was best things in beauty that had a nice swatch of Pygmalion. She loved it so much that she is getting a bu. she also said its 30 percent more pigmented.
More pigmented? Well, I own two (Boy and Sari d'eau) and they are really pigmented. Perhaps Pygmalion is more pigmented than the other shades. It took 3 layers for me to get color. Plus, my skin is darker, so there's that. Factors to consider.

iATEaSEAmonster

Well, I own two (Boy and Sari d'eau) and they are really pigmented. Perhaps Pygmalion is more pigmented than the other shades. It took 3 layers for me to get color. Plus, my skin is darker, so there's that. Factors to consider.
I'm pale but I have really pigmented lips, so I doubt it'd show up that much on me. :/

shontay07108

Won't hurt to try it, if it comes to a counter near you. You never know. I don't want to discourage someone from buying something that might appeal to them more than it does to me.

Haven

I have been contemplating backing it up myself. I have such a huge lipstick stash, though, I shouldn't .

Sugar & Spice

I like the look of Moon River in that swatch, if it pulls gold on me then I'll get it but if silver then I'll pass. Passing on Pygmalion.

Teger

Quote: Originally Posted by elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

More pigmented?

Well, I own two (Boy and Sari d'eau) and they are really pigmented. Perhaps Pygmalion is more pigmented than the other shades. It took 3 layers for me to get color. Plus, my skin is darker, so there's that. Factors to consider.

She is actually wrong about this collections RCS being 30% more pigmented. Look on the color story. The new ones that have more pigment are tagged as "Hydrating COLOUR lipshine" whereas the old, 'less' pigmented formula are "Hydrating SHEER lipshine"

The Avant Premiere collection's RCS are the new colour formula. The fall collection have both sheer and colour.

TealAngel

Has anyone seen/swatched the True Blue Eyeliner yet? I have only been able to find one swatch of it, and it was in this thread some pages back. I absolutely love the color! This just might be my first Chanel makeup item, other than some nail polish I own! For those of you who own any of the Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliners, how is the formula quality? Is the quality consistent among the shades, or does it vary depending on color? I don't want to spend a lot on an eyeliner (more than say, UD's liners) if the quality isn't there)  

TealAngel

Is the coral glossimer in this collection, Evolee, similar to last year's coral shade Calypso? For anyone who owns Calypso, is it sheer? Thanks in advance for any response on my two posts! :)

elegant-one

I love the colors & using them in the waterline/tightlining. They last a long time on me. Some can be a bit hard, but still end up applying ok. Definitely not as creamy as the UD liners. I will should have the True Blue on Tues or Wed.

Winthrop44

I've not been doing a very good job of keeping up with this thread so this link may have already been posted, but if not here are some swatches of the collection:

http://blondycandy.com/chanel-lete-...lection-letnyaya-kollekciya-makiyazha-chanel/

You can see how sheer the glosses are at that link TealAngel.

Here is Temptalia's review & swatches of Calypso:

http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-calypso-glossimer-review-photos-swatches

In general I love the Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliners, but some have been problematic for me. For instance some have not shown up on my skin and some have been really hard to where they actually hurt to apply. You might want to wait for more reviews on this new blue one.

Dominique33

Thanks in advance for any response on my two posts!
smiles.gif
Here are some swatches

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.fr/2013/04/chanel-rouge-coco-shine-hydrating-sheer.html

SOURCE : THEBESTTHINGSINBEAUTY

The RC shine are quite sheer but the texture is just great, like a lip balm in fact.

Winthrop44

TealAngel, here's a swatch of Calypso by Haven from a long time ago on here too:

Maybe this will help:
L to R: Calypso, MAC Star Quality, MAC Force of Love lg, and MAC TdF - heavy swatches on NW 20 to help show color
(I did the exact same procedure as my last pics, and this one turned out bigger. I don't get it!)

shontay07108

Has anyone seen/swatched the True Blue Eyeliner yet? I have only been able to find one swatch of it, and it was in this thread some pages back. I absolutely love the color! This just might be my first Chanel makeup item, other than some nail polish I own! For those of you who own any of the Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliners, how is the formula quality? Is the quality consistent among the shades, or does it vary depending on color? I don't want to spend a lot on an eyeliner (more than say, UD's liners) if the quality isn't there)  
Do you mean the pic I posted on page 8? I swatched the eyeliner. In my picture, by my thumb there's a dark blue patch of color (one of the shadow sticks), but right above it is a thin blue line. That's the True Blue liner.

cheburaha

khhmakeup, my SA called me on Friday and said the Bay received the collection but they won't sell it until May 10th. But it's available for pre-order. Given my experience with the Bay, once the collection arrives, you can buy the items from it not waiting for official release date. That's what I'm going to do tomorrow-)

khhmakeup

Thanks cheburaha! Went to my chanel counter today and they didn't say anything. I'm going to try calling tomorrow and pre order. I want so much I can't decide.