Chanel Summer 2013

elegant-one

It wasn't sheer when I swatched it. I have a few Chanel liners and while they aren't creamy like MUFE or Urban Decay, they're definitely not sheer.
Do you think the Black es stick would look nice if just patted on softly or maybe over a brown es? Did you like the blue shadow stick?

Haven

Hi ladies, I am normally roaming the MAC forums but I bought the Metamorphose quad and it arrived today and I thought you ladies might like to see it. I haven't swatched it yet, since I need to take a billion photos before touching it.

Thank you for posting this! I will be skipping the quad since I have very similar colors from previous quads/releases.

shontay07108

Do you think the Black es stick would look nice if just patted on softly or maybe over a brown es? Did you like the blue shadow stick?
I think the black shadow stick would be gorgeous any way you want to wear it. I think it's amazing. I was tempted to buy it, but the full on way I want to wear it won't work with my tiny lids. :lol: I really like the blue shadow stick, but I don't reach for blue often enough to justify buying it. I prefer a blue/green like Jade Shore on me.

elegant-one

I really like the blue shadow stick, but I don't reach for blue often enough to justify buying it. I prefer a blue/green like Jade Shore on me.
amuse.gif
I think it would look fabulous on you. I don't wear blues much either, but I am strangely drawn to this one.

Haven

Haven - did you get any of the es sticks? Don't you love Pygmalion on!
I purchased the Jade one. I have only tried it once and wasn't overly pleased with the results. On my extremely pale skin (at NW 15 right now & waiting for summer), it stood out too much. I like the formula though, so I am willing to work with it a bit. My guess is if I am less heavy handed, then I can make it work. Especially if I get any color during the summer.

I am still fighting the urge to backup Pygmalian. It is amazingly pigmented & such a pretty color! I think that it would be amazing on almost everyone.

vaisforluvrs

Hi ladies, I am normally roaming the MAC forums but I bought the Metamorphose quad and it arrived today and I thought you ladies might like to see it. I haven't swatched it yet, since I need to take a billion photos before touching it.

Thanks for posting pics! I think I can safely pass on it. Now, I must also try to resist those Dior quads!

elegant-one

I purchased the Jade one. I have only tried it once and wasn't overly pleased with the results. On my extremely pale skin (at NW 15 right now & waiting for summer), it stood out too much. I like the formula though, so I am willing to work with it a bit. My guess is if I am less heavy handed, then I can make it work. Especially if I get any color during the summer.

I am still fighting the urge to backup Pygmalian. It is amazingly pigmented & such a pretty color! I think that it would be amazing on almost everyone.
I want a BU of P also
eyelove.gif
I can see myself going through this very quickly through spring & summer. Heck, I've already used it a bunch.

Rads

I want a BU of P also
eyelove.gif
I can see myself going through this very quickly through spring & summer. Heck, I've already used it a bunch.
Haaa me tooo, and I want Monte Carlo after seeing your swatch....:p Idylle is so sheer/invisible on me, I keep trying it on to see if it will miraculously show up, and it feels soooooooooooo good on the lips - I cannot believe how fast the lipstick is getting used up!!!

ingerasata

This just showed up today so I thought it might help to post a picture of it here. I haven't swatched it yet though. This is my first Chanel quad, I don't know much about their eyeshadows. Are these baked ones any good? I bought it because I loved the colors in it.
00098da2_image.jpeg

Rads

They aren't bad..but I think they do better wet..the colors show up more intense that way. Or you can layer them over a sticky-ish base..I just find the square ones softer and more pigmented and don't need too much of an effort. That's just my personal preference/opinion, though. People do awesome makeup with these, and I am not that great at makeup even with the softest eyeshadows :D :D

elegant-one

This just showed up today so I thought it might help to post a picture of it here. I haven't swatched it yet though. This is my first Chanel quad, I don't know much about their eyeshadows. Are these baked ones any good? I bought it because I loved the colors in it.
lol.gif
Gotta love it when makeup just shows up. So pretty! Welcome & let us know what you think of it after you try it out.

ingerasata

Thank you! I decided to swatch it and the colors on my phone look pretty accurate to real life. They are very soft and smooth. I'll be looking forward to creating some looks with it.
d0e4c77a_image.jpeg

Rads

greengrin.gif
I love Monte Carlo on too, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE P!!!! They are really easy to use up fast. With my pigmented lips, a few of them just don't show up at all. They do make the lips feel so soft. Did you get anything else? I missed it if you posted it.
lol.gif
Gotta love it when makeup just shows up. So pretty! Welcome & let us know what you think of it after you try it out.
For now, only the RCS and the glosses...except for Pygmalion everything else is mehhhh on my lips :p :p Quad and nail polishes are on their way...am sooooooooooooooo confused about the quad! The polishes I liked from what I have seen online and your swatch, though I don't know how the blue and green would look on my hands...

Winthrop44

Thank you! I decided to swatch it and the colors on my phone look pretty accurate to real life. They are very soft and smooth. I'll be looking forward to creating some looks with it.
Thanks so much for the swatches. I think the colors look really pretty there!

Rads

I am sure you will love the quad - especially since you really do like the colors. I found this old video by Lisa Eldridge - she uses an older baked quad for the look and suggests using a slightly damp brush to pick up the colors...in case you were wondering where I got that idea from :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEpQzqJXAk8