Chantecaille Discussion

Winthrop44

Hi there I just left the Chantecaille counter. Here are the swatches that I made at the counter. The foundation does seem to have quite a bit of slip to it. The bullet is really small. I feel like you would probably do OK with 0W Which seems to me more like an NC 10 to NC 15.

backstory: I wanted a non-liquid foundation for travel/ carryon. I ended up buying the Armani balm foundation instead of this. It just looked really good on my skin and although the Chantecaille is creamy and really very emollient. As a brand I know and trust Armani more and I need to leave later this week on a trip so I kind of freaked out and just decided. I hope you find this swatch helpful. The lighting is not the best here.

Thanks so much for the swatches and your thoughts! I was thinking the bullet looked really small in pictures too. Guess how big a problem that is depends how much you use/how pigmented it is. I do remember that back in the day when Real Skin was in compact form I rarely used it because even though it looked absolutely amazing on I’d go thru it in no time. It always comes down to the ingredients for me in the end because I have uber sensitive skin and can’t use anything with fragrance, essential oils and lots of other things. Have you seen the Westman Atelier thread here? There are some videos in it you might find helpful as far as getting a better idea of that one. I’m wearing it over a more emollient moisturizer today and am liking it a lot. Actually my Future Skin seems to be fine over this moisturizer too which is really great. Enjoy your new foundation and your trip and thanks again!

Last edited:

patentg33k

Thanks so much for the swatches and your thoughts! I was thinking the bullet looked really small in pictures too. Guess how big a problem that is depends how much you use/how pigmented it is. I do remember that back in the day when Real Skin was in compact form I rarely used it because even though it looked absolutely amazing on I’d go thru it in no time. It always comes down to the ingredients for me in the end because I have uber sensitive skin and can’t use anything with fragrance, essential oils and lots of other things. Have you seen the Westman Atelier thread here? There are some videos in it you might find helpful as far as getting a better idea of that one. I’m wearing it over a more emollient moisturizer today and am liking it a lot. Actually my Future Skin seems to be fine over this moisturizer too which is really great. Enjoy your new foundation and your trip and thanks again!

I'm not one who does a lot of price per ounce measuring. Honestly, I think a well-formulated small product is fine by me. But this Chantecaille bullet seems unusually small. And it's not KA SSE type of pigmentation (the OW swatches are my arm are swiped 2-3x's.)

When I got home, I checked to see that Chantecaille's is .14 ounces where most stick foundations are around .3 ounces per tube. Honestly, I'm not sure this would give me more than a month or two. I'm just going off a general feeling.

Thanks for pointing out the WA thread! I'm really curious about it now. I've watched a few youtube reviews too which suggest its really one of the best in class. It really seems to plump up skin. Definitely thinking about getting it, particularly if I get to NYC any time over the next few months.

I'm so happy that you found this moisturizer! Which one is it, if you don't mind sharing?

Winthrop44

I'm not one who does a lot of price per ounce measuring. Honestly, I think a well-formulated small product is fine by me. But this Chantecaille bullet seems unusually small. And it's not KA SSE type of pigmentation (the OW swatches are my arm are swiped 2-3x's.)

When I got home, I checked to see that Chantecaille's is .14 ounces where most stick foundations are around .3 ounces per tube. Honestly, I'm not sure this would give me more than a month or two. I'm just going off a general feeling.

Thanks for pointing out the WA thread! I'm really curious about it now. I've watched a few youtube reviews too which suggest its really one of the best in class. It really seems to plump up skin. Definitely thinking about getting it, particularly if I get to NYC any time over the next few months.

I'm so happy that you found this moisturizer! Which one is it, if you don't mind sharing?

It’s just the reformulated Drunk Elephant Lala Retro. I used the original one for a long time but always felt like it absorbed too well, leaving the top layer of my skin wanting. I know that sounds bizarre. Once they added ceramides it seems to provide more of a barrier on my skin. I don’t mean that it noticeably sits unabsorbed on the top of my skin, just that it seems more plush, nourishing and almost protective. I may be crazy but I also felt like the original Lala pulled things I applied on top of it into my skin like crazy, which was great in the case of actives, but not so great when it made foundations and sunscreens I could previously use burn. Anyway, I have dry skin and much prefer the new formula with ceramides to the original, but I have read reviews by people with oily skin who preferred the original formula like this one:

Definitely post if you try any of the WA products!

Winthrop44

patentg33k patentg33k FWIW after seeing those pics yesterday on MUA I wrote to Chantecaille re the ridiculously small size of this product and this was their response:

"I understand that the Real Skin + Eye & Face Stick is smaller than most other stick products, however a little bit does go a long way and the formula itself is meant more as spot coverage or on the go application, quick touch up, etc. rather than as a daily, all over foundation product. "

I could *maybe* understand that if it was super pigmented but for a sheer product? I did read elsewhere, on their Instagram maybe, that it "pairs perfectly with Future Skin", and today they posted about pairing it with Just Skin TM, so I guess they really don't intend it to be used all over. Needless to say it's a pass for me too. I’ll just stick with my Future Skin, which I’m so happy I can use again.

Last edited:

Latest posts