Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

Medgal07

I'm curious about the palette too, but I'm hesitant to buy it sight unseen. I don't own any of her eyeshadows. And I distrust the current "reviews" that are out. The swatches sure are pretty though.
Likewise. I don't have any history w/her eyeshadow either
sigh.gif

purplemaren

[@]elegant-one[/@] has some of her shadows. I have the rebel palette and love it, and I enjoy the dolce vita palette. Quality wise they are nice, so I don't think it will be sh#*^y quality.

ShareeA

Likewise. I don't have any history w/her eyeshadow either
sigh.gif
I love her vids and the swatches but I'm also weary. I'm not into all shimmer palettes. The shimmers they use all over and for the crease look great on the runway and at fashion shoots but don't translate to everyday wear.

Medgal07

It is so pretty!

I love her vids and the swatches but I'm also weary. I'm not into all shimmer palettes. The shimmers they use all over and for the crease look great on the runway and at fashion shoots but don't translate to everyday wear.
I felt that way about Tom Ford's palettes because some contain a glitter shade---well was I ever surprised. It's not
glitter---I call it adult shimmer. I'm no youngster and it looks so, so classy. I would look redic walking around with
glitter eyes.

Medgal07

Found this link on British Beauty Blogger of a Holiday Video Box but all I have my eye on is the Star Palette. I am curious as to what else is in the box. Plus still don't know when this is coming to the US.

http://instagram.com/p/uDYTjwp4Nn/?modal=true
Oh I hope it's not sold only as a boxed set---if I got anything at all it would be the e/s palette.

Bronwyn

http://www.temptalia.com/charlotte-tilbury-holiday-2014-collection Info from temptalia about the upcoming collection.

pnfpn

About her eyeshadows. Sorry that it's a little rambly I just wrote it as stuff came into my head.

They are smooth, very easy to blend and all that. It's worth getting at least one in a colour scheme you like. However, I've personally found myself not reaching for my quad much, if at all. It doesn't feel like I can create more than one or two looks depending on how I decide to wear it.

I do find her shadows to be similar to Tom Fords if I'm honest. In terms of ease of application/wear and then also in terms of looks. With both brands I struggle to wear it more than one or two ways. Not to mention they are similar - 3 shades and a glitter, Other than The Sophisticate, I don't think she has any matte shades in the others - I only own Vintage Vamp. The darkest shade is satiny but there is still some sheen. What I dislike about that quad in particular is the prime shade is incredibly frosty on my dark eyelids. In terms of performance, I haven't had issues with or without primer so in that aspect I really like these shadows. My lids get pretty oily and eventually everything creases but these quads performed better than most.

Hope this helps a little lol.

sarabeautime

I can't agree more to pnfpn. I also got only one of her eye shadow quads and stopped there.
Mann reason being "frostiness" of the base shade and darkest shade.

And, if you don't know me, I am usually an eye shadow quad hoarder
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

I can't agree more to pnfpn. I also got only one of her eye shadow quads and stopped there.
Mann reason being "frostiness" of the base shade and darkest shade.

And, if you don't know me, I am usually an eye shadow quad hoarder
girlhaha.gif
You're not alone. I don't have any experience with CT's eyeshadows. The feedback here is very helpful. I'm not a pro in terms of product application but I've researched looks via loads of tutorials which helped to broaden my application skills, allowing me to use products in numerous ways, and more effectively. God bless the PROs who share their knowledge.

Medgal07

@elegant-one has some of her shadows. I have the rebel palette and love it, and I enjoy the dolce vita palette. Quality wise they are nice, so I don't think it will be sh#*^y quality.
I'd be willing to give one a try!!! I just think when they initially came out I had just OD'd on 4 Dior & one new TF palette. I had to draw a line for myself somewhere
girlhaha.gif

Indian Barbie

I love Charlotte Tilbury and in a sad way i feel my heart flutter whenever I see a new video of hers on Youtube!

I only have two items of the collection; K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Stoned Rose and Matte Revolution Lipstick in Walk of Shame. Both beautiful daytime lipsticks.

Medgal07

I love Charlotte Tilbury and in a sad way i feel my heart flutter whenever I see a new video of hers on Youtube!

I only have two items of the collection; K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in Stoned Rose and Matte Revolution Lipstick in Walk of Shame. Both beautiful daytime lipsticks.
That's really nice! I only have Hepburn Honey, a nude lipstick that I do reach for quite often.

Vineetha

You're not alone. I don't have any experience with CT's eyeshadows. The feedback here is very helpful. I'm not a pro in terms of product application but I've researched looks via loads of tutorials which helped to broaden my application skills, allowing me to use products in numerous ways, and more effectively. God bless the PROs who share their knowledg
Me either! I am thinking of picking up the holiday version as the first one LOL! Yeah as if i need another reason
girlhaha.gif

nanluvsbutee

Me either! I am thinking of picking up the holiday version as the first one LOL! Yeah as if i need another reason
girlhaha.gif
Same for me -- haven't tried CT yet, and I'm thinking of making the holiday palette my first! Just wondering when Nordies is going to get it...

Latest posts