Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

fur4elise

Are these similar to the Tom Ford ones? I haven't gotten any of those...too expensive. I like the Rose Gold one.

I was attempting humor in my response to [MENTION=95644]awickedshape[/MENTION] ;) I was also thinking of the Tom Ford cream eye shadow duos.

javadoo

Having worn both quads, I agree with Sabrina’s review of them. Especially where she says that although the colors may be dupable, the undertone, texture, and pigment make them look good on the eye. Of the two, exaggerize(rose gold) make my eyes look bigger and brighter but transformereyes enhances my blue eyes more. I’m very happy with both and can’t wait until the new cream blushes are released.

So, are they worth it?
I'm thinking about getting both, but $100 for 8 shadows is a little steep.

MaryJane

So, are they worth it?
I'm thinking about getting both, but $100 for 8 shadows is a little steep.
Hmmm....I hard a time answering this. I think per quad the price is reasonable. It's worth it if you really like the CT formula and will make use of the colors in both quads. Not sure if I can really say spending $100 on 8 eye shadows from any brand is really worth it but considering the price of Tom Ford and Chanel quads the price for CT isn't unreasonable (IMHO).

FrankieFrancy

After your suggestions I finally bought some CT makeup! OMG I love it! Unfortunatly they didn't have those eyeshadow palettes containing everything (eyeshadow, blush and highlight). I was in London.. and I was given a gift card by my parents..... :cool: I bought the Hollywood Flawless filter, pillow talk lipstick and lip pencil, the Audrey Eye Pencil and the filmstar contour bronze and highlight. At last I also bought her smudge brush. Ladies.. all products are amazing!!! I could not believe it.. I don't know if it's just me being too enthusiast, but it really takes makeup to another level. The eye pencil is so soft and easy to smudge and build. Pillow talk is a lovely everyday shade. The contour bronze and highlight is invisible! What I mean is that you wear it and it looks so natural, it blends perfectly with the skin. At last her smudge brush has become one of my most favorite brushes, it's soft and so easy to work with.. I'm defintly going to buy other products the next time I go to London! Thank you everyone for your advice!

lipstickaddict

I agree with Sabrina that when blended out Tom Ford Golden peach and CT Rose Gold are similar, but Golden Peach is pinker and cooler in tone. They are similar enough that you probably don't need both but I am very happy that I have Rose Gold. I've been applying it with my finger as a solid wash on my eyelids and it is absolutely stunning.Here is Golden peach on the left and Rose Gold on the right. Hth! 20180512_121610.jpg

MaryJane

I got the VIP pre-launch access email for the new beauty filters blushes and lipgloss. It took me about 5.2 seconds to order them with overmight shipping. :)

Her products rarely let me down and I'm a sucker for limited edition stuff.

peanut

I got the VIP pre-launch access email for the new beauty filters blushes and lipgloss. It took me about 5.2 seconds to order them with overmight shipping. :)

Yes!! I always succumb to a CT pre-launch!! I hope you love everything. Didn't get overnight shipping, so I'm hoping they get here by the end of the week. I'll watch for your next post to see what you think of everything. Did you order the brush? That's the one thing I had in and out of my cart until I finally decided not to get it. Wish it was sold separately in case it turns out to be a wonderful, must-have item!

Icecaramellatte

How do you get to be VIP? I remember signing up for emails but I don't remember ever receiving any. I guess I should look into it because it seems like other retailers take forever to get her products.

MaryJane

How do you get to be VIP? I remember signing up for emails but I don't remember ever receiving any. I guess I should look into it because it seems like other retailers take forever to get her products.
I’m not sure the VIP is a real thing. All I did was sign up for emails on her site a while ago. It seems ever since I signed up, I get an email about 2 days prior to the launch of new products with early access to buy them. I do order a lot from her site but I think all you need to do is sign up for her emails.

Icecaramellatte

I’m not sure the VIP is a real thing. All I did was sign up for emails on her site a while ago. It seems ever since I signed up, I get an email about 2 days prior to the launch of new products with early access to buy them. I do order a lot from her site but I think all you need to do is sign up for her emails.

I think I should sign up again. Thanks. Curious about this new product. I assume a video about it will be up soon.

MaryJane

I'm signed up & I buy from the site & I didn't get the email :(

That is so strange. I did sign up to be on the waitlist for these new products. I wonder if that’s why I got it? They’ll be on sale tomorrow. I plan on trying them out tomorrow and I’ll post once I do.

elegant-one

That is so strange. I did sign up to be on the waitlist for these new products. I wonder if that’s why I got it? They’ll be on sale tomorrow. I plan on trying them out tomorrow and I’ll post once I do.
You're Special! :) It must be the wait list which I never saw. Can't wait to hear what you think.

MaryJane

Wearing some of my new stuff today.

The gloss is a basic clear gloss with that tingly peppermint. I can't say that it makes my lips look fuller but it's a nice, non-sticky formula.
The Seduction blush.....it's described on the CT site as 'dolly pink'. I have no idea what this means but, on me, it's a light neutral tan/pink. Both the highlighter and blush are really subtle but can be built up. It's very pretty and it's so neutral that I think I can wear it with any eye and lip combo. The other color (don't recall the name) is coral and much more pigmented.

The formula is kind of a waxy-cream but when applied it dries down to a powder. It reminds me of the old Chanel cream blushes but the CT has more slip to it.

Hope this info helps those who are interested in checking these out.

Latest posts