• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Cheetah/Leopard nails WITHOUT Konad!

Nicala

Hi everyone! Here's a picture tutorial doing cheetah/leopard nails.

All you need is:

Paper
Light gold
Bronze
Black
Tooth picks

I'm using NYX girls nail polish in bronze goddess and dance floor (I bought this thinking it's black.. it's a VERY VERY dark brown.)
The light gold base is Pure Ice in Jaguar.

You can use your nail polish base/top coat of your desire! I'm not using a base, just a top coat (Seche Vite, new found love!)

First, start off with your nails painted the base color. I'm using Pure Ice - Jaguar, 3 coats. Wait for it to dry completely.

ed552aaa.jpg

On a piece of paper, or envelope to avoid it seeping through the paper, dot the bronze color on it. With a tooth pick, gently dot random spots/splotches. They do not have to be even. None of them are supposed to be meant to look alike! A dotting tool can also be used. Tooth picks are easily found in most in not all homes.
smiles.gif
Quite cheap too!

If you feel the texture of the paint on the paper starts to get thick and "stringy", dot new nail polish on ANOTHER area of the paper. Don't put it on top of the current one.

It should look something like this:
9e6f835b.jpg

Now, dot the black shade on the paper. On a separate place of course! Using a clean tooth pick, gently do c's and backward c's around the spots you have on your nails. Again, this is not supposed to be completely accurate. We want it to look authentic
winks.gif

2f35beef.jpg

6a8f1f88.jpg

When you're done, it should look like this:

ebbc6df4.jpg

9a1ef702.jpg

Quite chic, yes? I get tons of compliments at work wearing this! Make sure to let it dry a bit before applying your topcoat. You don't want to smudge the paint.

You can also use other colors like a light pink base, dark pink spots and black "contour".

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
smiles.gif

dressedtokill

This is super cute! I have been wanting to do the leopard print on my nails for quite some time... your post has inspired me to do it soon!
greengrin.gif

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressedtokill
This is super cute! I have been wanting to do the leopard print on my nails for quite some time... your post has inspired me to do it soon!
greengrin.gif

Go for it! When I'm up on the registers, some customers are amazed that it was all done with a toothpick! It doesn't take too long to do either.
smiles.gif

Latest posts