Chris Brown Under Investigation for Felony Battery

jen77

Interesting

From People:

Quote:
Chris Brown is under investigation for alleged domestic violence felony battery, the LAPD confirms to PEOPLE.

"The identity of the victim will not be released," said Officer April Harding. "Any victim who's involved in a domestic violence incident is entitled to confidentiality."

Both Brown and girlfriend Rihanna were scheduled to perform at the Grammys, but this statement was released Sunday evening: "We have just been informed that Rihanna will not be attending tonight's 51st Annual GRAMMY Awards. We're sorry she is unable to join us this evening."

Around 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, the R&B singer and a woman were in a vehicle in L.A. when they became involved in an argument, according to a police statement. After stopping his car, Brown and the woman got out and the argument escalated. The woman suffered visible injuries and identified Brown as her attacker, according to police.

The LAPD received a 911 call reporting the disturbance. "If police locate Brown, yes, he's subject to arrest," Officer Harding added.

When officers arrived they found the victim, but Brown had already left the scene, the statement reads.

The LAPD is conducting an investigation into the incident.

Earlier Saturday night Brown and Rihanna were at the Recording Academy and Clive Davis's Pre-Grammy Gala in Beverly Hills.

When asked about Rihanna's well being, her rep told PEOPLE, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for concern and support."

jen77

Fom TMZ:

Quote:
0208_chris_brown_ex.jpg
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Chris Brown is being investigated by the LAPD in an alleged assault on a female.

According to police, Brown and a woman cops refuse to identify were arguing inside of a vehicle around 12:30 this morning when suddenly things allegedly turned violent.

Cops say they received a 911 call, and when they arrived they noticed the woman had visible injuries. We're told she then identified Brown as her attacker. Cops say Brown had left the scene by the time police arrived.

Cops say they are looking to speak with Brown and may arrest him when they find him.

When we called reps for Brown's girlfriend, Rihanna, for a statement, her people told us, "Rihanna is well. Thank you for your concern and support."

UPDATE: Grammy officials have just announced that Rihanna will neither perform on the show tonight -- as scheduled -- nor walk the red carpet for the event.

aziajs

I just saw this. I never thought Chris Brown was a good match for her. He seems arrogant and immature and if this is true I won't really be surprised.

I was shocked to hear of the investigation of Chris Brown on Felony Battery Charges. Chris Brown seems like a nice person and I hope this is all a misunderstanding. I also pray Rihanna is well. I will keep both of them in my prayers and thoughts.

Although this is unrelated (probably should begin a another post but I will mention here anyhow) did you all hear about Usher's wife suffering complications from plastic surgery? That is extremely sad--my thoughts go out to him and his family as well.

I honestly was shocked to hear this moments ago. Chris Brown seems like a nice young man and there must be more to the story than People or E! are able to report at this time. Time will reveal the essence of the story regarding this incident.

Although this is unrelated, did you all hear about Usher's wife suffering complications from plastic surgery? I think we should keep Usher and his family in prayer as well as Chris Brown and Rihanna.

MiCHiE

This is from theybf.com. It's a blog, but she's usually pretty acurate with posts.

Quote:
UPDATE (9:11p EST): Ok, here’s the low down we got from an extremely credible PR source on the ground at the Grammys. Said source tells TheYBF.com that the “car accident” story is false and is being used to throw everyone off. Rihanna is DEFINITELY the victim of domestic violence and is now pressing charges against her boyfriend Chris Brown as we speak. Early this morning while leaving Clive Davis’ party, the two got into a physical altercation in their limo and he punched Rihanna in the face. We’re told that’s when he/the limo dropped her at Hancock Park in L.A., and she ran and called 911. He left the scene and hasn’t been found since. We’re told Chris has until midnight tonight to turn himself in to LAPD. Otherwise, he will be arrested as soon as he’s spotted by an LAPD officer. We’re told Rihanna is definitely in the hospital recovering as we speak.

TISH1124

Ok I'm Pissed...Because I hate domestic violence on anyone, celebrity or not...I was a victim of it in my first marriage and it is very tragic especially when you love the person that is beating the crap out of you!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_6978
I honestly was shocked to hear this moments ago. Chris Brown seems like a nice young man and there must be more to the story than People or E! are able to report at this time. Time will reveal the essence of the story regarding this incident.

Although this is unrelated, did you all hear about Usher's wife suffering complications from plastic surgery? I think we should keep Usher and his family in prayer as well as Chris Brown and Rihanna.

PLastic surgery didn't she just have another baby a few hours ago?

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootout
I just heard he turned himself in.
I never would have expected this from him.

He was just on sesame street with elmo
ssad.gif
it was so cute.

Im in shock. I hope riri is ok.

MiCHiE

Her baby is 2 months old, Tish. Supposedly, she's in critical condition and was there for a tummy tuck and lipo. Vanity is not that serious and why go to Brazil for what you can get here?

TISH1124

^^^ .2 months/ 2 hrs same thing ....LOL, Stop it...it was a exaggeration...too soon to be having surgery after a delivery IMO ....That is crazy...did people not learn anything from Kanye's Mother's death....Vanity is not that pretty if you are dead! I hope she is okay...but Jesus...He loved you for who you were and how you looked already obviously

MiCHiE

You know in Hollyweird, 2 months later you should be 110 lbs. and God forbid you have stretch marks!

shootout

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly_6978
Although this is unrelated, did you all hear about Usher's wife suffering complications from plastic surgery?

Wow, I really hope she's okay.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
He was just on sesame street with elmo
ssad.gif
it was so cute.

Im in shock. I hope riri is ok.

Yeah I saw that too, it was adorable.

ETA: He's being held on $50,000 bail, and the media officially confirmed that it was Rihanna.

chocolategoddes

It was really Rihanna? Damn!

Not only was that a horrible thing to do, but what a way to screw up your career of serenading young teen girls at concerts.

He fucked up. Poor rihanna.
ssad.gif