"Closeout Brushes"

swt_int3ntions

They are NOT real MAC brushes as listed
Jan-13-08 19:29
  • Reply by bargainpad (Jan-13-08 20:10):

These r Closeouts - Disgruntled Buyer ** Offered REFUND didnt write back ***
I've seen this a couple of times on ebay on feedbacks for people who sell MAC brushes and I'm not sure what it means when they say "closeout brushes"

Explain please?
smiles.gif

captodometer

It's just another lie from sellers who already know that they are selling fakes. MAC doesn't wholesale to closeout discounters like Big Lot's etc. Excess MAC stock goes to a Cosmetic Company Outlet, which is owned by parent company Estee Lauder. Stuff at the CCOs will retail at 30% off normal retail. This is the only authentic, truly discounted MAC there is.

Anybody claiming to be a closeout or wholesale dealer for MAC is lying. Especially if they live outside the United States; CCO's are an American phenomenon and they have buying limits. $300 a day, and no more than 3 of the same item at a time. And they will bar you from shopping there if they have any reason to suspect that you are buying to resell elsewhere.

The seller's feedback reply is aimed at suckering in potential bidders who don't know what I just posted.

Mahi

damn it...i bought two sets of 15 brushes from bargain pad...spent over $300. now what do I do? i still haven't received them. do i wait for the items to be delivered and then ask for a refund??

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahi
damn it...i bought two sets of 15 brushes from bargain pad...spent over $300. now what do I do? i still haven't received them. do i wait for the items to be delivered and then ask for a refund??

I'd get the money back RIGHT NOW if I were you. If that faker has already sent it to you and you're waiting for it, wait for the items to arrive and then get a refund, including postage (original + return). If the items are not delivered yet, ask for the refund NOW!

Mahi

Thank you! you ladies have been very sweet and helpful. he has already delivered the items. i will ask for a refund as soon as they arrive.

VDUB*BELLA

OMG I just bought a 134 brush off these guys. I searched the sellers name on Specktra and nothing came up so I thought I was good to go.
Funny - I thought to myself "It sounds too good to be true..." you know how it goes
ssad.gif

athena123

mahi, so sorry to hear about your experience and I hope you get your $$ back. I've always had good luck on ebay, but reviewing threads like this has convinced me NOT to purchase any makeup brushes on ebay; instead, I'll spend a little more to get the real deal.

VDUB*BELLA

Looking at other feedback people are posting that they are authentic brushes.
I dont know they could also be stolen? I mean IT IS ebay the land of the 'dont ask dont tell'

Mahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDUB*BELLA
Looking at other feedback people are posting that they are authentic brushes.
I dont know they could also be stolen? I mean IT IS ebay the land of the 'dont ask dont tell'

If you read the posts in some of the other threads under counterfeit mac, you will see that a lot of people get excited on receiving the brushes and leave a positive feedback right away..only to find out later that the brushes are fake =( i should have known better...4-5 $50 brushes...plus other ones for only $150??? far too good to be true...

people need to be warned about bargainpad! a lot of people NOT on specktra are being robbed by bargainpad $%^@*#^$&!!!!

VDUB*BELLA

^^^ This is true
Usually I am a very cautious ebay buyer I dont know I could have over looked this one
ssad.gif

Well atleast I used paypal and I hope the above buyer did too so you can be protect with their policy.
I'll compare the brush thoroughly and take it to MAC to confirm authenticity

Mahi

I must be reallyyyy lucky!!
I didn't wait for the items to arrive. Instead I told bargainpad that I wanted my money back and I wanted to return his fake items to him. I also mentioned I had proof =\ He replied by saying that I can keep the money and the brushes.
1 day later = he is not a registered user on eBay anymore!!! A LOOTT of people must have been complaining!! that fake #$%^($%!!!
probably will start selling with a new ID. i have to check if i actually got my money back!...grrrrr

landonsmother

Quote:
If you read the posts in some of the other threads under counterfeit mac, you will see that a lot of people get excited on receiving the brushes and leave a positive feedback right away..only to find out later that the brushes are fake =( i should have known better...4-5 $50 brushes...plus other ones for only $150??? far too good to be true...

people need to be warned about bargainpad! a lot of people NOT on specktra are being robbed by bargainpad $%^@*#^$&!!!!

or there are a lot of buyers out there who aren't familiar w/ counterfeit MAC & they are the ones who leave positive feedback because they think that they got an amazing deal. how sad
ssad.gif
i just wanna cry for these people who shell out $100+ for 5 or 7 fake brushes.

mimibrowneyes

i jus bought a mac 136 from BARGAINPAD for a 1/4 of th price of a real brush, and because i payed via paypal i got a refund- that seller is no longer registered with ebay. worse thing is these sellers hav feedback in excess of 1000! most ppl dnt compare the brush sets to authentic mac brushes so they never kno they'v been sold fakes and leav good feedback!!! im keeping th brush i got- which is ok- for a fake, not as soft as th mac 136. an a heavy smell of sumink or other on it... has any1 come across a fake SE set?

mimibrowneyes

Quote:
Thank you! you ladies have been very sweet and helpful. he has already delivered the items. i will ask for a refund as soon as they arrive.

hun if u paid via paypal dnt ask the seller for a refund, open up a dispute straight away and report the seller! i got my money back that same day, well bargainpad was no longer a registered user!

VDUB*BELLA

Girls... if you bought from these guys (I got a 116 brush) file a dispute with Paypal ASAP.
I did it last night and this morning I already had the funds refunded back to my credit card.
As much as I hate Paypal sometimes they acted very quickly

macster

So, so worried. Just bought #213, #239 on ebay from priceandshop08 (ebay store priceandshop). Looks authentic, with plastic slip cover and barcode. Now reading these posts, I'm worried I may have been scammed. Haven't recieved them yet. Has anyone purchased from this seller?

Luinathiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by macster
So, so worried. Just bought #213, #239 on ebay from priceandshop08 (ebay store priceandshop). Looks authentic, with plastic slip cover and barcode. Now reading these posts, I'm worried I may have been scammed. Haven't recieved them yet. Has anyone purchased from this seller?

I have bought #187 last month and I have received today and I'm in the same situation.
th_dunno.gif

I've read and I've saw several pictures of counterfeit and real #187 brushes and I'm still studying it. My brush seems to be a mixture of both

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luinathiel
I have bought #187 last month and I have received today and I'm in the same situation.
th_dunno.gif

I've read and I've saw several pictures of counterfeit and real #187 brushes and I'm still studying it. My brush seems to be a mixture of both

Post some pictures as they'll probably help. Here's a helpful place for you to have a look at regarding fake 187s.

Luinathiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Post some pictures as they'll probably help. Here's a helpful place for you to have a look at regarding fake 187s.

Thanks, I had taken a look at the page a few days ago, but unfortunately I did it after bidding
angry.gif

I show you my pictures. I'm convinced it's a fake.
girl_devil.gif

What doy you think about it?
ssad.gif