Coastal Scents Discussion - palettes, pigments, micas, etc.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Don't get sucked into the HD marketing gimmick. Putting HD on a label doesn't make it any more special or different from other foundations. It's not like HD means there's a magic ingredient inside that makes it stand out from other foundations on the market.

I would honestly spend money on a reputable and professional brand like Graftobian or Cinema Secrets (that pro MUAs actually use) if I were to buy foundation online, rather than some no-name private label stuff that has a huge mark-up on it most likely.

$17 for some private label foundation that has no reputation to speak of? No thanks.

So freaking true, I mean I'm not trying to knock CS down, but who knows where they made this stuff, what's in it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
If you watched that video she didn't even know what to say. If I have tried a product I know what to say about it. Even if I hated the product I could tell you about without looking up at ceiling and pausing for long periods. When I say guru bullshit overload this is the kind stuff I'm talking about. There are some good reputable gurus on Youtube but this kind of garbage is making them all look bad.

Word, I was laughing the whole video, it's too funny, you should read the comments, ppl are finally seeing the light!
thmbup.gif
BTW LOVE ur blog
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina1wina13
LOL I'm sure it will be like all of their new "holy grail" foundation, and there will be like 100 new foundation routines on YT

LOL she already has one up LMAO.

MissCrystal

i almost got sucked into buying the CS pallete, but they seem way to sketchy imo so i bought the sephora color pallete instead.

Leven

Quote:
In the last few months I have tested so many foundations and Graftobian was the clear winner. Graftobian's HD foundaiton is only $9.00. That's kinda hard to handle when I have paid more than $100 for MUFE foundaitons.

YES!!!
Graftobian HD Cream foundations are the bomb! I have them in the 5 color palette from that they sell. I use a damp spnge to apply them, and the resualts are to die for.

The corrector colors are also awesome and all of them do what they say they are going to do.

Leven

Quote:
If you watched that video she didn't even know what to say. If I have tried a product I know what to say about it. Even if I hated the product I could tell you about without looking up at ceiling and pausing for long periods. When I say guru bullshit overload this is the kind stuff I'm talking about. There are some good reputable gurus on Youtube but this kind of garbage is making them all look bad.

AMEN!

Im getting sick and tired of these types of gurus givingthe rest of 'em a bad name. And its ironic too becuase those gurus happen too be the one who are most viewed lol

tina1wina13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCrystal
i almost got sucked into buying the CS pallete, but they seem way to sketchy imo so i bought the sephora color pallete instead.

mmm I kinda regret getting mine to be honest
thmbdn.gif
It's alright, I'm scared of the ingredients because I've heard a lot of bad things about the ingredients, and I have a lot of duplicate colors with a better formula. I try to use it I really do! But I find my other eyeshadows to be so much better quality, even my loreal hip ones are tons better!lol

Nicala

Quote:
In the last few months I have tested so many foundations and Graftobian was the clear winner. Graftobian's HD foundaiton is only $9.00. That's kinda hard to handle when I have paid more than $100 for MUFE foundaitons.

I need to try this out. Is it a theatrical type brand or only available online?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
No worries, give it a couple of days and you'll see a million youtube gurus reviewing it saying it's soooo comparable to MAC
winks.gif

I'm happy with my Studio Fix Fluid, and sometimes Revlon Colourstay
thmbup.gif

It's starting to get on my nerves how a lot of the gurus end up reviewing the same thing at the same time. Actually, its starting to make me sick of watching YT videos for that reason. A lot of them just sound scripted and like they don't enjoy making videos anymore, as if they're being forced to review it. I like it when gurus keep it real. I enjoy watching Julia, QueenBeeuty & sushirockstar's videos a lot since they don't really go with the rest of the flock for reviews and what not. THANK YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leven
AMEN!

Im getting sick and tired of these types of gurus givingthe rest of 'em a bad name. And its ironic too becuase those gurus happen too be the one who are most viewed lol

Seriously. Anything to promote their product. -____-

I'm definitely not going to buy the "HD" foundation from CS. Much like how Julia said, I'd rather buy from a reputable company and know that I'm getting something good. Not something completely mass produced.

howleekorian

I am really hesitant to try the CS HD foundation because I haven't seen any comparisons with the MAC or MUFE colors that would cover my skintone MAC NC 25, MUFE #120. Does anyone know of any comparisons because the CS ones seem to have a relatively minimal selection of the slighter skin tones.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Boasorte

^ Just buy Revlon Colorstay if you're looking to save a few dollars, with CS you would have to pay $17+Like $7 shipping= $24

Revlon Colorstay is only $10
smiles.gif

Ellen1

I was doing a search on the CS HF foundation and found this thread. I admit, I am one of those who gets sucked in by the term HD! HELP!! : )

How do you guys chose a shade (Graftobian or otherwise) from looking at a swatch on the computer? I am light skin with neutral undertones - most foundations (including MUFE HD) are either too yellow or too pink for me.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen1
I was doing a search on the CS HF foundation and found this thread. I admit, I am one of those who gets sucked in by the term HD! HELP!! : )

How do you guys chose a shade (Graftobian or otherwise) from looking at a swatch on the computer? I am light skin with neutral undertones - most foundations (including MUFE HD) are either too yellow or too pink for me.

I used this conversion chart to help me find the right tone. To find the right shade I purchase a couple of palettes and found my perfect shade in a few minutes.

Conversion chart:
http://www.paintandpowderstore.com/comparison_chart.pdf

Foundation palette:
Graftobian - Hi-Def Glamour Creme Paletts

Foundation:
Graftobian - Hi-Def Glamour Foundations

Swatches:
The Glam Shack: Foundation - Swatch Request

If you look at the swatches the Graftobian is a perfect match for me.

mz_ELLE

I recently bought CS Hotpots because alot of people were saying they were dupes for MAC e/s. I got 4 of them.. 2 matte and 2 satin/shimmer. I only liked one of them (the one that's supposed to be a dupe of amber lights). The other three were not that good.. they were not that pigmented as everyone had said.

talks

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about coastal scents anymore. I placed an order last week, it arrived yesterday. I was so excited to play with the 88 es matte palette but when I opened it several eyeshadows had been CLEARLY swatched and it was not a result of the packaging or transport as there was no fallout in the palette or the clear plastic sheet. My blush palette looked perfect and new. So I sent CS a message about the es palette and just now got an email saying they were going to refund my entire order and went on to say that they know for a fact that the es's were not swatched and the palette was brand new/untouched. While I'm pleased that they were nice enough to comp my order, that was not my intention at all. I just wanted to get answers, but that email just made me feel like they are calling me a liar. Am I wrong? Do the palette's look like that normaly? If so, I'm okay with that and will just put it all behind. I really wanted to purchase other items from CS but now I'm thinking its not even worth it.

Boasorte

KAthy has been known to give hell to consumers, she's a bbeeeaatttcccch who shouldn't be runnning a business.
CS needs to learn customer service 101, ASAP they clearly haven't worked in retail at any point of their lives

Almost black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The palettes on ebay are the same as CS - CS does not make their own products! All these palettes come from China originally. CS just has a mark-up. eBay is still the cheapest place to get them overall. Yeah, shipping might be $10 for a palette, but then the palette is only like $10 or something - making $20 total INCLUDING shipping. Who cares how high the ship price is, the total cost is still cheaper than CS, especially for anyone outside the USA. CS would charge $20 for the palette, and then you'd also have to add shipping on top of that. So ebay is still cheaper.

I don't own any CS palettes (they're not that cheap with shipping to my country), but I got 120 palette from eBay last month and must say I was really surprised. Haven't tried *all* 120 colors, but the ones I've tried are really good.
thmbup.gif

I don't use UDPP or MAC Paint pots as e/s base, I have a cheap e/s base (catrice Stay On! - German or Austrian brand, not sure) and these e/s stay on my eye lids the whole time with no problems.

Anyway, I got this palette for 15$ (with free shipping) and I got it from China in 2-3 weeks, and 3 e/s were broken but the rest of them were just fine. Anyway, I think it was worth my money. It has so many different colors that I can use for so many different looks and I really love it. e/s are really pigmented, stay on for a long time and nothing irritates my eyes.

forevernars

Hey ladies you should check out there awesome new makeup palette called "creative me" palette it's got 12 vibrant colors to do some awesome looks and they are the full size not the small/dime sized ones like the 88 palette. I just bought it I can't wait to try it. Does anyone happen to know if there is a coupon code for CS right now I could use for a discount or something?? As I'm already to make another order???

ilexica

Hi ladies!

I'm NW15 and I'm looking at the 28 neutral palette, 10 blush palette and 6 contouring palette. Does anyone with pale skin have these? What do you think, are the colours versatile and wearable? I'm worried about, paradoxically, the shadows not showing up and the blushes/contourers being too dark or pigmented. Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

ashk36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
Hi ladies!

I'm NW15 and I'm looking at the 28 neutral palette, 10 blush palette and 6 contouring palette. Does anyone with pale skin have these? What do you think, are the colours versatile and wearable? I'm worried about, paradoxically, the shadows not showing up and the blushes/contourers being too dark or pigmented. Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

The only one I have of these is the 10 pan blush palette, and yeah I'm pretty freakin pale (I dunno what I'd wear in MAC, that shit breaks me out with a quickness.) I only use maybe 3 or 4 of the blushes regularly. I don't play around with my blush too often, which was kind of the point of getting that damn thing in the first place! I do like it though.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilexica
Hi ladies!

smiles.gif

I'm NW15 and have used the neutral and blush palettes, though I don't actually own either and would buy them off of eBay instead of CS. Several of the blushes work great for pale skin, and you can use a couple of the darker ones if you're careful. The neutral palette is decent for just about all skintones, depending on what kind of looks you're in to, although I feel like almost half of the shades are just highlighters and are TOO light.

littlepickle

I just got my 88 Matte palette and I'm so excited! It's too beautiful for words. Can't wait to try these out tonight, I'm dressing up as Magenta to go to the Rocky Horror Show
smiles.gif
Pretty impressed with the swatches so far.