College Roommate Frustrations!!!

purrtykitty

The thing I've learned is that the high school behavior never ends. That stunt with bringing drunk guys home is ridiculous and dangerous. You should definitely speak with your RA to see if there's anyway you can move rooms.

In the meantime...keep doing what you've been doing. Immersing yourself into school and campus life means that you'll get everything out of your education. IIRC, you want to be a doctor, and this won't be your first interaction with people of this nature. Don't let some immature girls ruin your focus. You're a smart, strong, beautiful girl, and I just know that you have a lot of success to look forward to.
heart.gif

L1LMAMAJ

i'm glad you are occupying yourself with other people and activities. just think of this as a blessing in disguise. now you have time to go out and meet real people that will accept and love you for who you are and give you no bullshit. we don't need bullshit in our lives...you're working out a lot which means that you're making your body more healthy. that's a good thing! good luck with everything!

chocolategoddes

UPDATE:
I felt compelled to update everyone on my situation because it's honestly only gotten worse and anyone who follows me on twitter has probably seen the complete details.
I think the distance I've created between my roommates has turned into hostility.
I actually have a decent relationship with one roomie, mostly because we have similar coursework so we can discuss homework and studying, but we still don't hang out outside of our room.

Now the other roomie is a straight up cunt! I could go on and on about the shit she's done. The sound of her fucking voice drives me nuts. Honestly, if she died, I wouldn't care... that's the best way to sum up my feelings about her. She's disrespectful, ignorant, obnoxious, and catty. The bitch threw cheese puffs at me while I was trying to sleep! I actually fantasize about beating her up with a metal pipe and I'm not even a violent person.

I did speak to housing and the RAs but because the school is so fucking packed, there is almost no room for me to move around. So basically they told me to "deal with it".
It's incredibly frustrating. They remind me of the girls who teased me in elementary school.
I have people I can hang out with, but I still want to be at peace in my own room without having to stress over them drunkenly stumbling in on Thursday nights when I have morning classes or having them whisper about me when I leave to use the bathroom.

Any way I can cope with this? I feel like any conversation I have with them turns into a 2 against 1 argument and I'm not a fan of arguing because when I get angry, I go crazy. I've considered having my RA step in as a neutral buffer when we have our roommate discussions so it doesn't turn confrontational, but I still feel like talking doesn't fix anything.

I just can't wait for Thanksgiving break where I can see my family and friends, with my own room, no drama!

Boasorte

^ People like that are the reasons I used to fight a lot in high school, cuz bitches, are just bitches.
Honestly, this may sound like not a big much of help, but honey, ignore them and don't stress it. They actually remind me of my sister,mother and aunt, who do shit like that to me.
Ignore them, the semester's over next month you won't have to deal with them.
But on the other hand, wtf was this bitch doing throwing cheese doodles at u? Is she that bored with her own life? This is college, omg she needs to grow up I feel like slapping her, and I'm on the other side of the country.
Ignore her, ignore her if she talks shit. But when she starts throwing shit at you, hell even if it's a cotton ball, you need to defend urself and tell her ur not gonna take her shit. OMG what a bitch

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
UPDATE:
I felt compelled to update everyone on my situation because it's honestly only gotten worse and anyone who follows me on twitter has probably seen the complete details.
I think the distance I've created between my roommates has turned into hostility.
I actually have a decent relationship with one roomie, mostly because we have similar coursework so we can discuss homework and studying, but we still don't hang out outside of our room.

Now the other roomie is a straight up cunt! I could go on and on about the shit she's done. The sound of her fucking voice drives me nuts. Honestly, if she died, I wouldn't care... that's the best way to sum up my feelings about her. She's disrespectful, ignorant, obnoxious, and catty. The bitch threw cheese puffs at me while I was trying to sleep! I actually fantasize about beating her up with a metal pipe and I'm not even a violent person.

I did speak to housing and the RAs but because the school is so fucking packed, there is almost no room for me to move around. So basically they told me to "deal with it".
It's incredibly frustrating. They remind me of the girls who teased me in elementary school.
I have people I can hang out with, but I still want to be at peace in my own room without having to stress over them drunkenly stumbling in on Thursday nights when I have morning classes or having them whisper about me when I leave to use the bathroom.

Any way I can cope with this? I feel like any conversation I have with them turns into a 2 against 1 argument and I'm not a fan of arguing because when I get angry, I go crazy. I've considered having my RA step in as a neutral buffer when we have our roommate discussions so it doesn't turn confrontational, but I still feel like talking doesn't fix anything.

I just can't wait for Thanksgiving break where I can see my family and friends, with my own room, no drama!

^That seriously sucks. I got angry just reading it!
angry.gif
How dare these bitches treat you with such little respect? You definitely should not have to live like that and if I were you I would keep pestering the RA's every single day until you get to move. Seriously - if you complain enough than anything is possible. There might be people moving around during the break so that would be a good chance for you to secure a new placement.

I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this crap. It's bullying plain and simple. If you really feel that talking isn't getting you anywhere then it's time to just move on. Honestly it sounds like a nightmare.