Color Seasons

Dolly Snow

You could wear absolutely anything.  I really believe that. You have that perfect porcelain coloring that isn't too ghostly and doesn't read too warm or too cool.
I wouldn't say Porcelain, but thank you. My sister is the same though, she is also the rare all seasons. We must have took on from both our parents, because they aswell can wear pretty much anything.

MandyVanHook

I wouldn't say Porcelain, but thank you. My sister is the same though, she is also the rare all seasons. We must have took on from both our parents, because they aswell can wear pretty much anything.
You're on the verge of porcelain, but yes, you are probably just shy of porcelain. I'm just a little lighter than you and I fall into the porcelain range, but my skin tone isn't as even as yours

Dolly Snow

You're on the verge of porcelain, but yes, you are probably just shy of porcelain. I'm just a little lighter than you and I fall into the porcelain range, but my skin tone isn't as even as yours
It took forever for me to get an even skintone.
And it isn't fully even either. I had to use Neutrogena Visibly Even, I have done for years.
Then i find out they are doing a BB version, so I have to get that lol

Kaidan

What foundation shade are you in MAC? Would you say you are more warm or cool toned? Also, what color are your eyes and hair? I'm kind of getting a Spring vibe based on some of the colors you mentioned.
My MAC foundation shade is NW20 [Pro Longwear and Mineralize (the latter being a good match color wise but too drying) foundations. My natural hair color is a bit weird (two-tones) but most of it is dark brown and my eyes are hazel. I'm usually neutral leaning more pink when it comes to skin undertone.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm so glad you started this thread, Mandy! While I definitely wear pretty much any colours, I have in the last year or so become very interested in the topic of seasonal colour analysis and figuring out what colours work best on me as opposed to what can be made to work. It's had more of an effect on my clothing choices rather than makeup, but it's still been an enlightening experience. I find that there are definitely things that are more effortless for me than others. I'm also a Bright season (probably winter but possibly spring based on seeing some warmer colours on me) and I definitely find that a simple neutral eye and medium to bright lip, for instance, is something that always works, whereas more traditionally "natural" looks don't work as well. I recommend checking out http://www.12blueprints.com as well for information on the topic.

MandyVanHook

My MAC foundation shade is NW20 [Pro Longwear and Mineralize (the latter being a good match color wise but too drying) foundations. My natural hair color is a bit weird (two-tones) but most of it is dark brown and my eyes are hazel. I'm usually neutral leaning more pink when it comes to skin undertone.

Hmm, you are a tricky one! I think I'd have to see a pic!

Quote: Originally Posted by katred

I'm so glad you started this thread, Mandy! While I definitely wear pretty much any colours, I have in the last year or so become very interested in the topic of seasonal colour analysis and figuring out what colours work best on me as opposed to what can be made to work. It's had more of an effect on my clothing choices rather than makeup, but it's still been an enlightening experience.

I find that there are definitely things that are more effortless for me than others. I'm also a Bright season (probably winter but possibly spring based on seeing some warmer colours on me) and I definitely find that a simple neutral eye and medium to bright lip, for instance, is something that always works, whereas more traditionally "natural" looks don't work as well.

I recommend checking out http://www.12blueprints.com as well for information on the topic.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I don't really follow the rules, but it's still fun to play around with, and it can certainly be helpful to some people who are overwhelmed by the sea of makeup out there, as well as clothing options.

I am similar to you... I am more of a bright winter, but I am able to pull off some warmer colors and some of the bright spring shades work on me, so we are near the boarder. I am a bright season, though, without question. The more muted shades are definitely trickier for us!

Thanks for the site... I will check it out!

MandyVanHook

Katred, I forgot to mention that I stumbled upon your site while researching color seasons. I love how you tried on makeup from all the different color palettes. There is no hiding your beauty in any palette, but clear/bright winter was definitely my favorite on you. Stunning!! That color palette just lit up your face so beautifully.

SubwayDreaming

I find this very interesting, but also very overwhelming! I just keep looking at all the colours and trying to analyze and discern the differences between seasons!
001_unsure.gif

I suspect I would be a soft autumn, based on some of my prior clothing and makeup choices that work well for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I fit characteristics from about 3 different seasons... This isn't easy!
It is tricky, but it's also fun finding out. I highly recommend just taking some quick pictures of yourself with no/ minimal makeup and different colour fabrics (anything works- scarves, clothes, towels, bedding... I used a bunch of my fiancé's t-shirts) and see how your skin reacts to them.

Albicoccola

It is tricky, but it's also fun finding out. I highly recommend just taking some quick pictures of yourself with no/ minimal makeup and different colour fabrics (anything works- scarves, clothes, towels, bedding... I used a bunch of my fiancé's t-shirts) and see how your skin reacts to them. 
Can you be different seasons in different seasons? I live in Finland (but I'm not Finnish) and I can assure you that the white top that looks so great on me now is far from attractive come February :p

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't even know what my season is! I know what colours I gravitate toward more, though -- purples, pinks, certain shades of blue, silvers, teals, darker forest greens, mauves, some fuschia shades, mid-to-dark browns, taupes (mainly for eyeshadows, not so much for clothes), some reds, and I think I suit a pink-coral lip slightly better than an orange-coral lip. I don't think I suit pastels at all, or orange or yellow. Light browns and beiges tend to wash me out.

MandyVanHook

Can you be different seasons in different seasons? I live in Finland (but I'm not Finnish) and I can assure you that the white top that looks so great on me now is far from attractive come February :p
That's a good question! The colors I look best in change when I change my hair color, so changes like that or getting a tan in the summer seems to change which colors look best on us sometimes.

MandyVanHook

I don't even know what my season is! I know what colours I gravitate toward more, though -- purples, pinks, certain shades of blue, silvers, teals, darker forest greens, mauves, some fuschia shades, mid-to-dark browns, taupes (mainly for eyeshadows, not so much for clothes), some reds, and I think I suit a pink-coral lip slightly better than an orange-coral lip. I don't think I suit pastels at all, or orange or yellow. Light browns and beiges tend to wash me out.
If I had to guess based on the colors you gravitate towards as well as your avi, I would probably guess that you are a True Winter (also called Cool Winter).

MandyVanHook

I'm not a professional, but from what I've read, you cannot change seasons, because the undertones in your skin are the same all the time. However, it is possible that when you develop a tan/ change hair colour/ etc., that you might look better in some of your season's colours than in others.  :agree:  Yup, that was my thought too. 
Yes, this is what I have read as well! I teeter back and forth over whether or not I agree with it, though. My makeup and clothing choices changed quite a bit when I was a blonde and when I was a redhead. My bright winter palette seemed a little more overwhelming on me then. I felt the need to soften my colors as a blonde, and I gravitated towards slightly warmer tones as a redhead. I think that, perhaps, if your natural coloring rests near the border between two seasons, then changes like that might make more of a difference. However, I would say that most people would remain within the same color season. Of course, just because I gravitated towards different colors when my hair changed doesn't mean my actual season changed, either. Haha. Also, and this sort of relates to what you were saying, but I have also read that not all colors within our palette will necessarily work for us, and I think that this confuses a lot of people when they try to figure out their seasons.

Albicoccola

Ok, then... Help :p I'm Italian, with a Mediterranean skintone. When I'm tan, I've been matched to a Mac studio fix NC42,Guerlain Parure de Lumiere 23, Mac Matchmaster 5. In winter I'm a Mac studio fix NW 20. Bright green eyes, auburn hair that turns golden in the summer from the sun. I gravitate towards bright jewel colours (like emerald), bright reds, fuschia, petrol blue, royal purple, but also colours like lavender, pistachio and tea rose (but only when tanned). Orange is not my friend and neither is yellow (Unless the yellow is acid bright). That's why I asked about possibly having 2 seasons. Here's a somewhat recent picture :
39c79714_IMG_825997614877685.jpeg