Colored Mascara!

Nox

Thank you ladies all so much, I greatly appreciate it! I have found what I was looking for. ::Yippee!::

jillybean

Does anyone remember Maybelline's Blooming Colors mascaras? They had every color of the rainbow. I had every color, too. Every time I see colored mascaras, I shed a tear for Blooming Colors. Those were so cool! I wish they would bring them back but am glad to see there are others out there!

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
Clarins has a new mint green/blue color. It's pretty. Limited Edition I think.

Makeup and Beauty Blog reviewed it, it looks so so good on.

fredsonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Thank you ladies all so much, I greatly appreciate it! I have found what I was looking for. ::Yippee!::

Big fan too, please post some photos!

MAChostage

I recently bought the UD Big Fatty in Black Cherry. I posted a review on it on MUA and in a nutshell, I think that there are probably better colored mascaras out there, but I hadn't seen one in this color. It takes a little extra work to get this applied properly and get even color coverage, and I also use my lash comb to make sure my lashes are in order after the fact. To me it's also just an "alright" formula. This is a "fun product" for me, as I only use this on a weekend or at a time when I'm not at work so it works for me.

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsonic
Big fan too, please post some photos!

LOL, I can tell you're a big fan just by looking at your lovely avatar! My blue lashes don't come out nearly as bright because my own natural lashes are pretty dark, but it still shows up nicely. I'm not in a place where I can put anything on and take a photo, but at some point when I remember next, I will try to rustle up a photo just for you.
winks.gif

~Zoe~

I found 2 at Yves Rocher: Ocean Blue (waterproof) and Extreme Violet

Ocean Blue is a beautiful bright blue colour and I love it
I wish the purple one was brighter because it doesn't show up well on my dark lashes
I love pairing blue mascara with a very natural look; it provides a nice pop of colour in a very subtle way (if that makes sense!)

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zoé~
I love pairing blue mascara with a very natural look; it provides a nice pop of colour in a very subtle way (if that makes sense!)

I think that's why many of us like it, for that very reason.
yes.gif

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeshieShimmer
Makeup and Beauty Blog reviewed it, it looks so so good on.

winks.gif
Yup. That's where I first heard of it and went out and brought it the same day I read her review.
yes.gif

~Zoe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obreathemykiss
I think Max Factor just came out with a line for colored mascara too.

Yep they have and they look like really vibrant colours too...I just can't seem to find them! Any suggestions from ladies in the Tdot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
I think that's why many of us like it, for that very reason.
yes.gif

I am such a make up noobie/scare-dy cat that I only recently discovered this wonderful little combination of mascara + colours ('what?! you mean it doesn't only come in black???') well I knew about them but thought it would be too 'out there' to wear in public...but that's why I love playing around w/makeup and not just assuming all looks will be too crazy

Great topic Nox! I hope to see more posts about it, especially when/if others have tried the reds, yellows & greens...and with pics too, as everyone is so adamantly requesting! lol

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zoé~
Yep they have and they look like really vibrant colours too...I just can't seem to find them! Any suggestions from ladies in the Tdot?

Thanks for the info about the Max Factor mascaras! Looked on their website and see that they come in 5 color combinations. It's called "Vivid Impact Highlighting" mascara.

M.A.C. head.

I used to wear blue and turquoise mascara when I was in high school.

People thought it was bizarre but I KNOW I looked cute.

girloflowers

i'm really chuffed about this thread because I've been looking for some coloured mascara too! i currently have blue fro australis and hot pink from bys but uh.. they both kind of SUCK!
so i shall be trotting on down to the store later, and most likely asking mum for the diorshow

~Zoe~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAChostage
Thanks for the info about the Max Factor mascaras! Looked on their website and see that they come in 5 color combinations. It's called "Vivid Impact Highlighting" mascara.

You're
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
some others had also suggested it as well

The Lash Perfection Mascara also has a blue in there but oh my goodness they have a ton of mascaras on their site!

I’m surprised they don't have them in Canada but www.drugstore.com sells the full line of products

yupitzTara

Dior and Benefit have a blue mascara. My cousin used the Dior one and loved it. I use benefit mascara (but not the blue one) and i love it!

KikiB

I might have to look into those Clarins mascaras because they do a Violet one which would be AMAZING on me with my green eyes. I love coloured mascaras, I want to get the yellow Vincent Longo one but I don't do as many yellow looks anymore. Oh who am I kidding...it's unique and that's what counts.