Confess - you paid over retail and you'd do it again

Summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis
You lucky girl! You actually paid UNDER retail ($19.50)!

But she said she got a mini full (filled) bottle. Not a regular actual full size that retails for $19.50

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
funny, I will buy and buy but I won't pay over retail.
I am like that with everything. I get most of my m/u online and I won't buy it unless I get free shipping or have a product code.

Same here.

i only boight off ebay like twice.. i bought 2 lacquers for 9 bucks and an eye kohl for a couple bucks.. i wouldn't even pay retail for a mac eyeliner. i use rimmel its cheap and at the rate i go thru lip and eye pencils i wont spent 12 bucks on each.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer
But she said she got a mini full (filled) bottle. Not a regular actual full size that retails for $19.50

LOL you're right, I wasn't paying attention
tong.gif

mspixieears

Only the beloved Tour de Pink case - at first it was 120 AUD to include CND taxes & postage. But I believe I ended up paying 200 AUD in total (I suspect I may have got stiffed on the postage, but seeing as I didn't keep track better, I can't really properly complain).

I can't say I regret it either!

Generally I tend to pay below retail for my MAC (eBay, oh how I love you sometimes!) and it's highly unlikely I'd pay above retail for cosmetics & toiletries.

pushhupsindrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
I bought my beloved Flash of Flesh Lipglass for $19.50
I bought a Stereo Rose for almost $30
But I had a lot of great deals on Ebay too....!
I got an Hot Poppy Eye Kohl for $3, a Copperfield Glitter Eye Liner for $3....I could go on like this forever!!

woah $3 thats a good deal!!!

bluegrassbabe

I gave in and paid $19 for Peacocky. I kept telling myself I didn't need it and then it was gone, and I wanted it so bad. No regrets!

angela

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Only the beloved Tour de Pink case - at first it was 120 AUD to include CND taxes & postage. But I believe I ended up paying 200 AUD in total (I suspect I may have got stiffed on the postage, but seeing as I didn't keep track better, I can't really properly complain).

I can't say I regret it either!

YUP.. MY precious Tour de Pink Traincase! Retail is $80, but I paid $140 inlcluding shipping on ebay. I dont regret it. It's so NICEE!! even my boyfriend was impressed
winks.gif

channierose

honestly... i do have a good amount of le/ dc things... infamous, all girl, coco beach, most of the skinfinishes (except metal rock and pleasureflush), parrot, guacamole, a few long d/c shadows...

but i always find a way to get around the ginormous price leaps for some reason. not having a job has really aided in the not buying things... nevertheless buying things over retail
smiles.gif

lindseylouike

I just bought a So Ceylon MSF from someone on MUA for the going price (I'm too embarassed to say how much I actually paid). When I got it in the mail, the box had a CCO price tag on it for $16. I was kind of mad that she gouged the price on me, but then I figured she could have easily sold it on eBay for the amount she charged me. Before I found Specktra and MSS LJ community, I've sold some dc'd stuff that my counter still happened to have on eBay, so I guess I'm guilty of it too. Now that I've found these two communities, though, I'd only pick things up to swap or sell at a fair price to other MAC devotees.

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylouike
I just bought a So Ceylon MSF from someone on MUA for the going price (I'm too embarassed to say how much I actually paid). When I got it in the mail, the box had a CCO price tag on it for $16. I was kind of mad that she gouged the price on me, but then I figured she could have easily sold it on eBay for the amount she charged me. Before I found Specktra and MSS LJ community, I've sold some dc'd stuff that my counter still happened to have on eBay, so I guess I'm guilty of it too. Now that I've found these two communities, though, I'd only pick things up to swap or sell at a fair price to other MAC devotees.

You know, it probably wouldn't have upset you had she not left the $16 prize tag on. She could have just taken it off and you'd not feel badly about it. I remember once I got a lucky green for the CCO prize. I was so grateful to the seller.

Ada

Hmm... I've bought quite a few things on ebay for over the retail price. But I don't see a problem with it at all- if it's discountinued or was LE and is sold out-- that adds value to the item as far as I'm concerned, and I'm willing to pay for what the item is worth to me.

However, I would never pay over retail for something that's still readily available at the retail price. I quickly gave up trying to buy regular MAC shadows on ebay-- there's a shadow going for like 8 or 9 bucks, but then you add the seller's ridiculous shipping charges and it's at or over retail. WTF? I guess that's good for people who don't live near a MAC store and don't have a credit card... but to me, it's a rip-off.

I've never spent a really extravagant amount, but that's just because there's never been anything I've wanted enough to make it worth it.

I bought Angelcake, DeMenthe and Metamorph for $18-$20 each.
I bought the Golden Kitty/Primpin and Pinkerpeach/Trustfund blush duos for around $22 each.
I just bought the Stila Firebloom holiday palette for $50 and it was totally worth it-- especially considering that it would still have cost more than that to buy the individual colors separately and I wouldn't have gotten the gorgeous palette.

luckyme

I paid $35.00 for New Vegad and Porcelain pink but both included shipping and considering the prices they are going for on ebay I guess that is not to bad.

moonrevel

I don't buy much on ebay, and it's always under retail, but I technically did pay over American retail prices when I was in Paris (damn the exchange rate!) and found Courtly and Moxie l/s's, the Cool Hipnotique quad, and the d/c'd White Pigment.
smiles.gif

glittergoddess27

Hmm so far I have been lucky and paid under retail price for the things that I have gotten in the ears that I have been on there with the exception of Sifted Silver,.. Mini vial from the Delish series,..I am not sorry I did it either,.. I am a glitter nut if you can't tell by my name,.. I want to wear as much as possible while I still can get away with it!,. I am considering paying way over retail for Pleasureflush MSF though,... I've managed to have some will power so far,.. specially since my Culturebloom pre-release thingie is tonight so I wont have the $$ but,.. I am constantly tempted by it.