Consultation with Carmindy from "What Not To Wear"

Indigowaters

I think I'll just continue to watch the show. Her makeup is too basic and boring for me everytime I watch her. I think she's a help to people who have absolutely no knowledge of makeup and how to apply it. They look amazing with a little makeup on. But $1000 when you have MAC artists that are better than her and not commanding that much (or anything at all)? That's a bit excessive and crazy.

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian_mele
WTF2.gif

I watched an episode the other day where a 24 year old woman who wore extreme eyeshadow came on for a makeover. When Carmindy came in for her consult she said she was excited to work with her because she obviously loved e/s. Carmindy told her that she was essentially going to show her how she could still use bold colors but have a more "fresh" look.

Okay so I totally understand having a more toned down face when at work but this girl was also a DJ at night so when it came time for Carmindy to do a more funky look I was horribly disappointed. Her eyes looked practically bare with some taupe shadow then black liner with a little bit of green liner on top to "funk it up". It was SO boring! I felt so awful for the girl, yes at work she needs to tone it down a bit but at night when she's going out and doing her DJ thing she can get away with something more exciting than green liner!

To hear that Carmindy's consults are $1000 is absolutely insane!
th_crazy2.gif

Yea I saw this episode and was like "what the hell...thats the colorful look?!" She coulda really done something different with her and she chose that same neutral kinda look. I mean it was nice but nothing different. She needs to try something new.

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian_mele
WTF2.gif

I watched an episode the other day where a 24 year old woman who wore extreme eyeshadow came on for a makeover. When Carmindy came in for her consult she said she was excited to work with her because she obviously loved e/s. Carmindy told her that she was essentially going to show her how she could still use bold colors but have a more "fresh" look.

Okay so I totally understand having a more toned down face when at work but this girl was also a DJ at night so when it came time for Carmindy to do a more funky look I was horribly disappointed. Her eyes looked practically bare with some taupe shadow then black liner with a little bit of green liner on top to "funk it up". It was SO boring! I felt so awful for the girl, yes at work she needs to tone it down a bit but at night when she's going out and doing her DJ thing she can get away with something more exciting than green liner!

To hear that Carmindy's consults are $1000 is absolutely insane!
th_crazy2.gif

I saw that same episode and I felt so bad for the girl after they jacked her hair up. That hairstyle was just AWFUL!

hawaiian_mele

Oh I know! I normally think Nick does a great job but that was just awful! I didn't think she needed any work on her hair and if they were going to do something maybe do something with the color but that cut was absolutely horrific!
ssad.gif