CoverGirl Products

xiahe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDoll88
However, Lash Exact and Volume Exact are horrible. No color payoff, it makes me look like I'm not wearing any mascara. My eyelashes look wimpy and limp. Ick!

Yeah Lash Exact was terrible imo...with Volume Exact I could actually tell that I was wearing mascara but it didn't really make a huge difference in terms of volume (or length)...and they flaked like crazy!

Traversant

TRUconceal concealer is awful. It's way too watery to provide any real coverage, waste of money.

Fruit Spritzers are GREAT! They smell so yummy and aren't sticky. I got them BOGO at Wal-greens yesterday... want to go back and buy them all
smiles.gif

CG Smoothers tinted moisterizer is fantastic too.

Lash Exact mascara, personally I LOVE it, I am going to buy it again when time comes. People complain about not getting much product, but I personally don't use more than 4ml before it's time to pitch it anyway.

rutledgekl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsButterfli
here are some new bright shadows!!
Windows-1252BSU1HMDA0MTAuanBn.jpg

Windows-1252BSU1HMDA0MDkuanBn.jpg

found these at Duane Reade

i tried those the firecracker trio and tropical fusion!they are very sheer!even with a base so im taking them back.i really wanted them to work though because those are pretty colors
ssad.gif

poetic_slut

The last two colors in the tropical fusion pallet is amazing in my opinion.
I got mine for free with a coupon w00t.
But yeah, I love the green/blue color.
Its craaaazy bright man.

ksaelee

i don't like any of the lipglosses, they taste like plastic and have a plastic type smell to them...but i don't know about the fruit spritzers, i hear they are good...
the aquasmooth foundation was good, but the color i bought was too pink for me...it looks like the majority of the foundations tend to have the cool tones...
i would say their eyeshadows are pretty good color wise, but they always creased on me...
i don't own anymore CG stuff anymore
winks.gif

xiahe

AQUASMOOTH USERS!!!

Just out of curiosity, what shade do you use? I bought it the other day in "Natural Ivory" (the "Ivory" actually looked darker to me!) and it looks somewhat orange on my skin in day light. It looked nice in artificial lighting and it covered up my problem areas very nicely (and it felt good too) but when I tested a tiny bit to my jaw line it looked orange. Maybe I didn't blend it enough or anything?

I'm really pale
ssad.gif

widdershins

Has anyone tried the new mascara? I think it's called Exact Eyelights, and there are different colors depending on what color your eyes are. I got Black Sapphire because my eyes are blue and I really like it. It doesn't really build volume, but it really defines and lengthens my lashes.

I dunno about the color enhancing my eye color, but it has really subtle sparkles in it I like.

GlamQueen21

Quote:

Windows-1252BSU1HMDA0MDkuanBn.jpg

I have all of the Lashblast Eye Enhancers Eyeshadows and they are so amazing!! I fell in love with Firecracker when I first got it and I'm in love with all of them now.

mexicana32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPopsicle
I love CG Lash Blast more than I love Diorshow!

Totally agree..I was fan of Diorshow, but now I love LashBlast
eyelove.gif

BloodyWellRight

I love love love their concealer! I too use classic ivory.

*edit* How could I forget??
Quote:

Their dynamite drama is one of my top three favorite drugstore palettes ^,^

GlamQueen21

Have you guys heard of a new Lashblast mascara called Lashblast Luxe? I saw it in my Seventeen magazine and I really do want to try it out so badly! It has shimmers to brighten up your eye color.

Meisje

Is is just me, or are their eyeshadows all very sheer?

Eye Enhancers

I have the eye enhancers in Tropical Fusion (the dark blue, teal, orange, poison green quad) and I love the colors but it's not heavily pigmented. Putting TFSI under it helps and makes it last (without base, it's gone in an hour or so).

I have a discontinued Eye Enhancers in a bunch of taupe shades. I went to repurchase and it's not there. Pity because I liked the shades. One is great to fill my brows.

Blush

I bought the Dream Matte Mousse and although the color is amazing, but I tried it over and under my foundation and powder in various ways and it just fades on me within a couple hours.

So I tried the powder blush nearest the color, which was Cheekers in Plumberry Glow and it's a great colors for blondes with blue eyes and pale skin. Every time I put it on people say "oh, you look so healthy!" Even if I've been up all night. Try it if you're Charlize Theron colored (sans when she's fake baked, of course).

I tried the Instant Cheekbones blush trio and the colors are werid, they streak and don't blend well --- even though the darkest shade is close to Plumberry Glow, they look dreadful on me. I tried all manner of blending and no matter what, the blush looks like Angela's from Who's The Boss. The color is either Purely Plum or Pearly Plum --- the actual name wore off and it's abbreviated over the bar code. Two thumbs down for that one.

Chelsssea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje

I bought the Dream Matte Mousse and although the color is amazing, but I tried it over and under my foundation and powder in various ways and it just fades on me within a couple hours.

Isn't Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline? Or is there a CoverGirl one too? Am I just thinking the wrong thing?
I've always seen CoverGirl eye products but for some reason, never gave them a shot (and I love DS products!). This thread is making me want to try some!
I love the CG bronzer that I have..I think it's called Tanfastic.

tokidoki1825

I've had mixed results with the shadows, but I love two of the triple shadows-- shimmering sands and the pink one. They're a little sheer but the darkest colors are pretty pigmented and the light ones are gorgeous highlights.

And I really, absolutely love the Trushine lipsticks. They range from quite sheer to really pigmented, and they last a pretty long time. They're a gel-ish texture, like clinique butter shine and avon glazewear lpsticks, and probably a bit like mac slimshines...they aren't shimmery but they feel really nice on, they look natural, and they stay quite well. And I think the shades are really flattering - peach shine is a great coral-ish color, lavender is a pretty light pink with purple undertones, and fire red is a gorgeous sheer red. I highly recommend, they've become one of my absolute favorite lipsticks.

I like the colored eyelights mascaras too. They aren't super strong color, but they have some shimmer and are a nice twist on basic black. The formula's pretty good too.

shea_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
Has anyone tried the new mascara? I think it's called Exact Eyelights, and there are different colors depending on what color your eyes are. I got Black Sapphire because my eyes are blue and I really like it. It doesn't really build volume, but it really defines and lengthens my lashes.

I dunno about the color enhancing my eye color, but it has really subtle sparkles in it I like.

I bought Black Sapphire today actually! It's true that it's not volumizing at all, but it's lengthening, doesn't weigh down the lases and is actually a dark denim blue with a silver sheen to it. I think it's pretty, but I need volume so will probably wear it over LashBlast
tong.gif

vivaluxri

I just got the TruBlend foundation in Ivory, and it's actually light enough for my skintone! Thank you so much Covergirl for making something that doesn't make me look orange!

MacAddict09

I bought a quad in country woods and wasnt impressed but I think Ill give it another try and buy drama eyes, the colors are gorgous.

Latest posts