Crappy valentine day candy/crappy gifts

.k.

Anyone else dread getting those awful conversation hearts that taste like crap but seem to be the classic v-day candy?
thmbdn.gif

whats the crappiest gift anyone has gotten for v-day?

MACATTAK

As long as they are the sweet tart ones, I love them! I've always had pretty good Valentine gifts, but I haven't had a Valentine in years!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I've never received a "crappy" gift from anyone. A Gift is a Gift and its never mandatory..., and its the thought that counts.

.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
As long as they are the sweet tart ones, I love them! I've always had pretty good Valentine gifts, but I haven't had a Valentine in years!

oh i love sweet tarts! i meant those nasty tasting hearts by cheapie brands.

CantAffordMAC

The Necco hearts? (I think they are Necco...Necco makes horrible candy no matter what) I hate those little nasties. LoL One of the worst candies ever.

I don't think I've gotten a bad gift. Well, I haven't gotten a lot of gifts at all. My mom would get me like little candies or a card. My boyfriend got me lingerie, chocolate covered strawberries, a huge bouqet of flowers, teddy bear, card.....and that was my first and only valentines day so far.

Crappy candy sucks but I don't really care about the gifts so much on V Day.

Professor Fate

If you have to buy a valentine's day gift and you have been in hte relationship for more than a year....I feel sorry for you.

Lmaest shit ever!

purrtykitty

I love the Brach's conversation hearts...I already ate a whole bag, lol. Thank goodness I gave up candy for Lent! Anyway, I think the thought is sweet. My husband gets me flowers every year. I got a lovely bouquet of tulips (I know flowers are cliche, but roses are wayyyy too much). We used to go all out, but now we keep it pretty low-key. Nothing much in the way of gifts and usually just a nice dinner in because going out is a nightmare.

CantAffordMAC

I don't think gifts are necessary but I hate when people are anti-Valentines Day. For me, my boyfriend is very sweet, but he isnt the suprise-me-with-flowers type anymore. So valentines Day is the one day for him to do that.

I agree, exchanging gifts every V-day isn't really necessary. But doing something special will always be important to me.

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I don't think gifts are necessary but I hate when people are anti-Valentines Day. For me, my boyfriend is very sweet, but he isnt the suprise-me-with-flowers type anymore. So valentines Day is the one day for him to do that.

I agree, exchanging gifts every V-day isn't really necessary. But doing something special will always be important to me.

I don't need a special day to spoil my wife......which is why I think it's lame.

I also think that Christmas and other holidays are lame.

Hilly

OHHH man...what a crazy memory this brings back!! My nerdy ass, cheap, scrubby, bf in highschool sent me roses in the mail for our 3rd valentines day together. Oh boy I thought...except that they were FAKE and came in a PLASTIC, cystal look-a-like vase. Gross! My mom sold them in the garage sale for $.50 when i went off to college. LOL

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
OHHH man...what a crazy memory this brings back!! My nerdy ass, cheap, scrubby, bf in highschool sent me roses in the mail for our 3rd valentines day together. Oh boy I thought...except that they were FAKE and came in a PLASTIC, cystal look-a-like vase. Gross! My mom sold them in the garage sale for $.50 when i went off to college. LOL

Classy!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Fate
I don't need a special day to spoil my wife......which is why I think it's lame.

I also think that Christmas and other holidays are lame.

LoL well thats no fun! Christmas is my favorite. V-day has only recently become special after meeting my boyfriend. My birthdays the day after V-day, so i don't really need two days of gifts...
sneaky.gif

Nobody should need a special day to spoil their partner. But nobody is perfect lol. I'm the kind of person that likes to do random surprises every once in awhile. My boyfriend...just doesn't get me flowers anymore. He will if he knows whats good for him!

I only ask for one day a year. Thats not bad. What about on anniversaries, do you guys exchange gifts then?

Professor Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
LoL well thats no fun! Christmas is my favorite. V-day has only recently become special after meeting my boyfriend. My birthdays the day after V-day, so i don't really need two days of gifts...
sneaky.gif

Nobody should need a special day to spoil their partner. But nobody is perfect lol. I'm the kind of person that likes to do random surprises every once in awhile. My boyfriend...just doesn't get me flowers anymore. He will if he knows whats good for him!

I only ask for one day a year. Thats not bad. What about on anniversaries, do you guys exchange gifts then?

We pretty much buy each other everything that we want when we want. We actually NEVER exchange gifts........and we can rarely think of anything that we need or want until we see it and impulsively buy it.

Part of this is because I hate the retail hype that comes with holidays and I am a rebellious asshole.......I think the fact that we are both brutally selfish is a reason as well.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Fate
We pretty much buy each other everything that we want when we want. We actually NEVER exchange gifts........and we can rarely think of anything that we need or want until we see it and impulsively buy it.

Part of this is because I hate the retail hype that comes with holidays and I am a rebellious asshole.......I think the fact that we are both brutally selfish is a reason as well.

LoL well that works too
lol.gif

Quote:
My fiance makes me homemade cards. He's such a goose.

I think that would be so much better than buying one. he got me this really long sappy one last year and just signed his name. thats not special!

xsnowwhite

ugh, i will tell you crappy gift.

Last year, I got a thing of roses from someone(or so I thought) that I really liked. Then I found out a stupid "friend" of mine did it as a joke. The flowers were pretty but i was pissed!

MACATTAK

Quote:

th_LMAO.gif
Hilly you ALWAYS have the funniest stories!

sandyyyy <3

Quote:
My fiance makes me homemade cards. He's such a goose.

lol I think that's cute.
Hmm...I've never really received any bad gifts for vday. I didn't even get a gift for my bf this year except for a card. We usually would get gifts for each other if it's our birthdays or anniversary.

breechan

Well, I won't be getting anything for Valentines day, even though I'm in a 1.5 year relationship. The Valentine's Day customs in Japan are quite different from the west.

Women give chocolates to their boyfriends, crushes, and men who they feel indebted to (co-workers etc). However, many people refer to the chocolates as "obligation chocolates" because they feel like they have to get really good chocolates for a bunch of people who they don't give a toss about.

Then in March is White day, where the men are supposed to reciprocate. Maybe I'll get something then. I wore pink today anyways, and made brownies for my co-workers. Male and Female!
winkiss.gif

Latest posts