Crazy Cracking Lips

pennybeau

I just recently bought my first two lipsticks Myth and Lollipop Lovin'. But after around 20 minutes of putting it on, my lips start to crack and it looks like the cracks in my lips are actually absorbing all the lipstick. My friend told me that I need to reapply every hour or so, but it just makes the cracks look worse! I don't really know what to do. I moisturize my lips with aquaphor prior to application, and I'm still getting this problem.

Any suggestions/secrets? :]

xbrookecorex

I don't know, but Plushglasses from Mac do this to me and my lips stay cracked and peeling for like a week after I wear it! Mac Lip Conditioner worked well for me, along with Neosporin Lip Treatment, as far as healing the cracks.

Winnie

One of the best lip treatments (for me anyway) is Clarins Moisture replenishing Lip Balm. I find it so moisturising and apply it once in the morning and last thing at night. Bit pricey, but for me totally worth it! Better than the Mac lip conditioner any day!

jinxii

maybe u need to exfoliate your lips?? or is it just the lipstick looking cracked and not ur actual lips?

thewickedstyle

Do you use aquaphor at night? I let it sink in and then exfoliate with a toothbrush in the am before lipstick. Also I put balm on while I do the rest of my face and let it set before applying my lipstick.

The lipsticks that are the best to my lips are the slimshines, they feel more moisturizing than the regular lippies. I love them! Maybe the new exfoliator/moisturizer stick coming out will help you? I plan on getting myself, it looks really interesting!

Kuuipo

Blistex works really well. What also works but is pricey is Lip Fusion XL. (It has collagen in a micro delivery system and hyaluronic acid). Not only does it plump (and the results are cumulative) but it is super emolliant - I keep it by my bedside. I also find that Lanisoh Cream-its made for nipples of nursing mothers-is excellent. I use this too, and I use NARS lip laquer-which is almost all lanolin. Lanolin is the closest thing to skin sebum. You can not use lanolin if you have a wool allergy or are a vegetarian. I find that petroleum products like vaseline dry out my lips. I've been using a LipFusion pencil (full of emolliants and collagen) all over my lips before applying lipstick and gloss. I'm in a job where you talk alot, so I need really great lips. I use a lip brush (ok, its a concealor brush, but I have full lips) to apply lipstick or pencils into all the little grooves. Lip Fusion has really smoothed mine out, I just am getting over the flu and my lips still look great, so I am sticking with my product routine.

makeupNdesign

I make a paste out of plain old sugar and water (equal parts) and scrub off the dead skin with a toothbrush. (Rinse well to avoid being sticky, lol.) Then I follow it up with Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy.

It works like a charm everytime for me plus it's cheap and effective. Hope that helps some
smiles.gif

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve works wonders for me...it's sooo much better than Smith's IMO. It smells good, and keeps your lips healthy & supple...HTH!!
winks.gif
*~*

pennybeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewickedstyle
Do you use aquaphor at night? I let it sink in and then exfoliate with a toothbrush in the am before lipstick. Also I put balm on while I do the rest of my face and let it set before applying my lipstick.

The lipsticks that are the best to my lips are the slimshines, they feel more moisturizing than the regular lippies. I love them! Maybe the new exfoliator/moisturizer stick coming out will help you? I plan on getting myself, it looks really interesting!

I use the Aquaphor AM and PM, and then I'll wipe it off right before I put on my lipstick. I haven't ever tried exfoliating my lips, and I think that would really help. Thanks for that suggestion. :] ALSO I'm so excited for the new exfoliator/mosturizer stick that's coming out, hopefully that will help also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
I'm in a job where you talk alot, so I need really great lips. I use a lip brush (ok, its a concealor brush, but I have full lips) to apply lipstick or pencils into all the little grooves. Lip Fusion has really smoothed mine out, I just am getting over the flu and my lips still look great, so I am sticking with my product routine.

I talk a lot at my job also, that's why I've been so upset with my lips lately. It makes me just not want to wear lip products. But I will definitely look into the products you mentioned, and try applying the lipstick with a brush and see if that helps. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupNdesign
I make a paste out of plain old sugar and water (equal parts) and scrub off the dead skin with a toothbrush. (Rinse well to avoid being sticky, lol.) Then I follow it up with Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy.

Thanks for that little recipe, I will definitely have to try that. :]

frocher

Smashbox makes a lip scrub in a tube, it looks like crushed kiwi. It exfolliates and moisturizes well. The small tube lasts forever.

pennybeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Smashbox makes a lip scrub in a tube, it looks like crushed kiwi. It exfolliates and moisturizes well. The small tube lasts forever.

I'm definitely going to look for that the next time I'm at Sephora! Thanks! :]

CoConutNwuT

i have the same problem... so speaking of exfoliating and lip conditioning has anyone here tried the one by benefit? its like feel good or something comes with 2 tubes 1. exfolliates and the 2. is like lip balm or something? for like 30$ though.... is it worth it??

SuSana

I had this problem with Lollipop Lovin' too, but also my lips in general. In the morning with my first application of l/s or l/g my lips were fine but after that they would start peeling and I would get a paper towel and basically scrub off all the dead skin on my lips. So last week I started putting a thin layer of Tendertones on my lips before bed, in the morning my lips are moist and I also put it on underneath my l/s and today for the first time I wore LL with no problem!

Sorry for the long story
smiles.gif
but it might help!

makeup4ever

Another vote for CARMEX!! It's addictive, cheap and will keep your lips looking and feeling so good. Apply a little before your lipstick/lipgloss and definately wear it to bed. My sister also used to have this lip exfoliant lipstick from the Body Shop, it was rough and waxy like sandpaper in an emollient base (weird I know) but I'm not sure if it's still available. Anyways, try Carmex.

.k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
carmax!!!!

i believe she meant carmex lol. not carmax as in the used auto place
yes.gif

pat

I put chap stick/lip balm before I apply ls. If I wear a liner, I apply the balm only in the inner part of my lips, staying away from the outer corners (I found it hard to apply liner with gloss on)

I normally put C.O. Bigelow's "My Favorite Lip Balm" religiously, I got it at Bath and Body, but I'm not sure if they carry it anymore. I also put Aquaphor on my lips when I go to bed. C.O. also carries a lip buffer, I've never tried, but it may help out.

When I find that my lips are chapped, I'll scrub them while in the shower with a towel rag. I soak the towel and rub lightly on my lips, don't rub too hard, they might bleed! HTH

urbanlilyfairy

I dunno if it was posted already ..but in my experince the best and cheapest ..is VASELINE ..good old vaseline is your frined ...slather it on at night before bed and voila hydrated lips in the morn ..or some vaseline and a toothbrush to scuff up and remove flakes.

I think i saw this tip posted from glam8babe I belive a while back ..i started doing this and it worked wonders for me ..and a huge tub of vaseline is like 2 bucks hehe ..so give it a try if you haven't

good luck

Latest posts