Crazy Cracking Lips

ewlialovesme

Nuxe lip balm used overnight is my life saver. It literally fills in all the little cracks and lines on my lips.

talste

I used to have the worst dry cracked lips, Hubby called me "Spiky Lips"

I have it under control now by:

Exfoliating as needed using a tooth brush or slightly damp face cloth.

Applying Laura Mercier lip silk or Clarins moisture replenishing lip balm, I apply it about 10 mins before my liner & lippy to give it time to absorb then touch up as needed.

I tried just about every other balm available here and find those are the only ones that work for me.

CoralBlast

my lips always crack when i wear Mac frost lipsticks (esp Festivity)so i always use lipbalm(Neutrogena -not too thick nor too thin) before i put it on or lipglass. it helps preventing it from drying my lips.

Sanayhs

When my lips are starting to crack, I pull out the little blue jar of Blistex Medex. It fixes my lips up quickly, and I avoid the bleeding.
greengrin.gif
Cheap, too. *nods*

trojanpopcorn

I have been having this problem recently and Ive concluded that I have a vitamin b deficiency. by eating more bananas, green veg and potatoes, its starting to reduce
smiles.gif

rabideloise

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Smashbox makes a lip scrub in a tube, it looks like crushed kiwi. It exfolliates and moisturizes well. The small tube lasts forever.

I have a Smashbox lip exfoliant but it does not look like kiwi. It's a tiny tube but it lasts forever.

This is what I have:

Sephora: Smashbox Emulsion Lip Exfoliant: Lip Balms & Exfoliants

I use this when I'm prepping my face, putting on foundation...and then before I put on my lipstick or gloss I'll scrub it off with a wet tissue.

I would exfoliate your lips, put on a light balm, and then put on a light layer of the lip color on your bottom lip and press your lips together. Keep layering the lip color until you get your desired intensity. That way you don't have gobs of lipstick on your lips.
choochoo.gif

mreichert

I have that problem too- so bad at times that I had to carry Blistex with me everywhere! I found that using Mary Kay's lip set (exfoliater and lip balm) really helps get rid of dry peeling skin. Make sure you use a good amount of lip balm at night before you go to bed.

My guess is that it's not the lipstick causing the cracking- it's just enhancing the cracks. HTH
smiles.gif