Cult favourites?

aerials

Does anyone else get intrigued by cosmetic cult favourites?
If you don't know what I mean, think of products like Maybelline Great Lash or Rosebud Salve.

I am really really lemming to get a Rosebud Salve, so the next time I hit up a Sephora (there are only two in the country, so it's hard for me to find the time to go!), I think I'm going buy one. But when I read the MUA reviews, it just sounds like it's regular lip balm... yet still, I am incredibly curious to see why everyone talks about this product!

What are your favourite cult makeup items?

User34

I have that rosebud salve b/c i heard everyone ranting and raving about it.Nothing special to me.. I actually don't like the smell of it. I'd rather use vasaline. =)

Jennifer Mcfly

Me too, I had such a curiosity for Rosebud Salve and then smelled it last time I was in Sephora and yuck! I couldn't stand the smell! Oh well...

mandirigma

lol, yeah i shelled out the $6 for rosebud salve. i like using it on my lips in the morning and night but it's essentially just designer vaseline. i still like it though cause it's not as sticky and it makes my lips super soft.

anyway, i don't know if this qualifies as a "cult fave" but the shu uemura lash curler is pretty much the best thing ever ever ever EVER made. :thumbsup:

aziajs

Yeah....I heard about Rosebud and HAD to buy it. That stuff is garbage. It's scented Vaseline, just like the above posters mentioned. I never use it. I tried to use it on my cuticles but it isn't moisturizing it's just greasy.

I would say my cult favorite used to be Great Lash before they changed the formula. I like CG Lash Exact now, which I think will be a cult favorite.

user3

I have to say the only good use I have found for rosebud is curling iron burns. It really helps stop the pain and heals fast.
As for a lip balm it is glorified vaseline IMO.

I am not so sure I have a cult fave out side of MAC pigments.

Great lash is just average, the Shu curler is not wide enough for my eye, black honey doesn't work for me, actually I have found that if it's a big rave on MUA it's probably not going to work for me. LOL

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miki1985
I love Clinique Almost l/s in Black Honey.

Me too!

I don't know if:
Nars Baby Doll lip lacquer
Philosophy Amazing Grace 3-in-1
Shu Uemura ME blue 638 & ME green 555

count, all of which minus the first item get significant usage by me?

If anyone could post links to lists of christened cult faves, I'd sure appreciate it!

giz2000

NARS blush in Orgasm
NARS The Multiple in South Beach
Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream

Those are my cult favorites...
smiles.gif

jenjunsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
NARS blush in Orgasm
NARS The Multiple in South Beach
Elizabeth Arden 8-Hour Cream

Those are my cult favorites...
smiles.gif

Everyone raves over Orgasm blush! It does absolutely NOTHING for me....the biggest let down of all the cult favorites for me! Second is Philosophy's Hope in a Jar....I HATE it!

pugmommy7

LOL I feel the same way! I always hear about these things...forever it was keihls lip balm #1,again glorified vaseline.

My cult faves are:

*cover girl eyeshadow in champagne is one of my all time faves as a highlighting shadow

wet and wild lipliner in 666

*noxema acne control pads(they have salacylic acid and clears up zits overnight.)

*aveeno positive raidiance cleasing pads. on side rough one side smooth really great gentle cleansing and great exfoliation

*Poshe nail polish topcoat. Really dries nails hard and fast!

*Paula Dorf "perfect illusion" makes and lipliner go on smooth but doesn't sacrifice color and even keeps gloss on twice the time.

all I can think of right now- but these are just some really fabulous products that should be cult faves
winks.gif

user3

LOL I total forgot about Orgasm!

I do like it but it's a bit over done.

kiehls lip balm....geez I got picked up on that sucker train too! Totally agree!

Oh my beloved W'nW #666 I don't use it anymore but for about 6 years it was my love of lipliners! I wore it everyday!

user3

I'd like to add Nars blush to my list of cult faves.

I am not a fan of their cream ones but I adore the powder ones.

They have a pretty big fan group.

Christian Dior apricot creme. I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I have dry cuticules, so a dab of this is like magic while I sleep. It's amazing. And it smells lovely as well.
Also, Benetint by Benefit. This stuff is wonderful--it gives just the right flush to my lips and my cheeks and stays on FOREVER.

joytheobscure

strawberry chapstick
revlon superlustrous glosses

my current cheap favorites, but I have about ten tubes of strawberry chapstick its my favorite.

shriekingviolet

I agree that Rosebud salve is glorified vaseline. I remember buying a tin and not being impressed with it. I like my lip balms to be more buttery than of a vaseline consistency.

My cult faves are Honey Tea lipstick by Shiseido & WetnWild 666 lipliner.

Butterfly Princess

I really like Maybelline great lash. I have Diorshow, Hypnose and Full and soft. This definately is my favourite. When I first got it I hated it cause it is really wet if that makes sense. It went on my eyelid and I am used to diorshow which is quite dry and dries quickly. I played around with it and got the hang of it. Now I love it. Especially since it keeps the curl in my lashes better then my others do.