Cult of Cherry for WOC

d n d

I went and bought Liqueour lipglass. It reminds me a lot of Viva Glam V lipglass. It works great for a nude lip.

GoldenGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
Really? I can't say that I hate nanogold lol. I did find it a little difficult to blend though. I saw this tutorial on youtube that made me like nanogold even more lol. Still can't say I love it and I probably won't use it too often. YouTube - M.A.C Cult of Cherry Tutorial - Spiced Chocolate Quad.

Also, what are some ways I can wear Russian red? I bought it along with so scarlet, rapturous, COC l/g and jampacked. I love everything else, but I feel like Russian Red is just too bright for my skin tone. It looks kind of orange-y to me too.... My hubby however loves it and begged me to leave it on when i asked him what he thought, lol. Seeing as I just started wearing lipstick a month ago, maybe I need time to adjust.... I really do want to rock a bright red lip look a la the Rhianna Disturbia video.

I LOOOOVE her! Isn't she the cutest! She's the one who made me think that nanogold would be okay to use with the rest of the quad, but I'm sorry I still don't like it... she made it look so easy though, didn't she?

oh and check out one of her other tuts, she's got a video replicating the look Rhianna did in the disturbia video...

MAChostage

Well, I never got a chance to attend a CoC event, don't even know if they had one here. But if you can go and score one of those APRONS, that alone would be worth it for me!

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGirl
I LOOOOVE her! Isn't she the cutest! She's the one who made me think that nanogold would be okay to use with the rest of the quad, but I'm sorry I still don't like it... she made it look so easy though, didn't she?

oh and check out one of her other tuts, she's got a video replicating the look Rhianna did in the disturbia video...

I hated Nanogold until I saw her tutorial...... Now that's my everyday face and it's working for a sister you hear me!
yahoo.gif
thank God for YouTube!

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001

I hated Nanogold until I saw her tutorial...... Now that's my everyday face and it's working for a sister you hear me!
yahoo.gif
thank God for YouTube!

I feel you. I don't wear makeup everyday, so that look quickly became my go to going out look lol! It's so sexy yet appropriate for like... everything ha ha.

HeavenLeiBlu

Hey ummm, what's so bad/hard about Nanogold? that's the only reason I bought the quad, LOL. I actually haven't used it with any of the other colors IN the quad ( go figure) but I had no problems with it so far. What's up y'all? Let me know!

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Hey ummm, what's so bad/hard about Nanogold? that's the only reason I bought the quad, LOL. I actually haven't used it with any of the other colors IN the quad ( go figure) but I had no problems with it so far. What's up y'all? Let me know!

I don't understand why Nanogold is getting so much hate either actually. I bought it when it was released with the N collection and it has been a staple ever since. I think it's just gorgeous and looks really pretty on my dark skin.

Icecaramellatte

My CoC Haul:

Spiced Chocolate quad
Cherry Blossom l/g
Liquor l/g

Decided to skip Plum du Bois blush due to low funds. I'm so sorry about that now. I put on Mauvement and Liquor and all I could think was that a darker cheek color would just be perfect with it. I'm off to find it tomorrow.

BTW I wore Nanogold all over with Brash in the crease and it was okay. I applied Nanogold with the 225 or 227 ??? brush - number rubbed off but it's the big fluffly shadow brush.

Prototype83

I got all three quads and the Kirsch mattene l/s. I'm still on the fence about the Kirsch, but after seeing all of the raves posted here I decided to get it anyway.

BTW: I had to learn to like the Nanogold too b/c I couldn't get it to work with the rest of the Spiced Chocolate quad...now I love it! Very pretty color on darker skin.

FierceMrsButler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
I don't understand why Nanogold is getting so much hate either actually. I bought it when it was released with the N collection and it has been a staple ever since. I think it's just gorgeous and looks really pretty on my dark skin.

I agree...I initially bought the quad just for Nanogold... I like it so far, really...even with the quad...

Curly1908

I'm so sad that I missed this collection. It looks sooooooo WOC-friendly. I'm gonna try to dupe the Spiced Chocolate quad (since folks are selling it for $$$$) and search for some of the l/g.

Wish me luck!
smiles.gif

ETA: Any suggestions for Liqueur or Jampacked dupes?

cocodivatime

i recently used the spiced chocolate quad and LOVE it.

I have yet to use my Cult of Cherry and Jampacked lipgass colors. They are sooooo bold from the usual colors I wear.

Has anyone been using these colors? I am NC44

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
i recently used the spiced chocolate quad and LOVE it.

I have yet to use my Cult of Cherry and Jampacked lipgass colors. They are sooooo bold from the usual colors I wear.

Has anyone been using these colors? I am NC44

I use both of those lipglasses (NC-45ish)! Cult of Cherry is one that I tend to wear only on occasion, as it is a *very* opaque, and showy kind of red l/g. I'd bet they would be great on you, use 'em!