Current Obsessions

CartoonChic

Mascara! An intense search is in progress. Just tried Maybelline mega plush...it's ok...just got benefits they're real. gonna try it tomorrow. high hopes for this one :)

soft pink lip color:
mac snob, blankety, just superb. burberry lip mist heather pink. mac l/l in soar

mac mineralize blush in gentle....who am i kidding? this isn't news. i've been obsessed with pink for years!
heart.gif
love.gif
Please post your mascara findings. I don't know if there's a separate thread for mascara already. I haven't even begun to research mascara yet. I know I'm going to steer away from the more expensive brands and will probably stick with drug store mascaras. I don't wear it frequently enough. I fear it will dry out after using it only a few times. Right now I'm only using a mascara that I got as a free sample.

tats

also ive becomed OBSESSED with finding a replacement for Playing Koi lipstick by MAC!!! im almost out !!! :'(
What about MAC Fun Finds lipstick from new Style Seeker collection?? It looks similar to Playing Koi from temptalia swatches.
Playing Koi here: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-quite-cute-lipstick-swatches-photos-reviews
Fun finds here: http://www.temptalia.com/mac-styleseeker-mattene-lipsticks-review-photos-swatches

Dominique33

Current obsessions : Marilyn collection by M.A.C, OPI Germany and James Bond collections, Nars Andy Warhol collection, Chanel Holiday 2012 collection. I'll purchase from each, it's too beautiful !!!

Prettypackages

Mascara! An intense search is in progress. Just tried Maybelline mega plush...it's ok...just got benefits they're real. gonna try it tomorrow. high hopes for this one :)

soft pink lip color:
mac snob, blankety, just superb. burberry lip mist heather pink. mac l/l in soar

mac mineralize blush in gentle....who am i kidding? this isn't news. i've been obsessed with pink for years!
heart.gif
love.gif
I thought benefit they're real was awesome, formula was on the dry side, but they really lengthened and I don't remember my lashes drooping either. I don't like CDior's line.

Wmax

Lights camera action mascara by tarte! SERIOSLY, I LOVE IT! I have VERY sensitive eyes, etc.. It's $19, BUT QVC has 3 for $37-ish? Don't quote me...

nuclearteeth

Illamasqua Tweak and MAC Petals & Peacocks. My love affair with Perfect Topping MSF continues as well...it's bordering on crazy, lol.

Fiberluver

Currently, I'd say my obsessions are with the search for the perfect mascara. I really like Definicils by Lancome, but I don't like that I have to recurl my lashes after applying it. Why can't someone make a really good defining and lengthening mascara that isn't waterproof but still holds curl just as much as waterproof does? Any suggestions, I'm open!

In the past I was obsessed with MAC Motif eyeshadow on the lid and Embark e/s in the crease and outer V. The duochrome from the Motif made the Embark turn a bit purple-y and just looked gorgeous. I also paid beaucoup $$$ for 2 BUs of Goldbit eyeshadow which is an all-time favorite. It hasn't been repromoted since 2005 and I'm pretty sure they won't repromote it ever since its a Lustre. I still love it though! Its the perfect pale peachy beige.

Edit: And lets not forget Chanel... Rouge Coco and Rouge Coco Shines and I've been lemming for a Regard Perle quad for a while now! Dior Addict Ultra Glosses are my version of lipgloss heaven, too! No scummy mouth and leaves your lips feeling like silk!
th_e2cloud9.gif
Sugarpeach84 - thanks for that combo. I'm def going to try it!

Fiberluver

Lol, I think you got me! OK then lipstick and blush. I absolutely love La Femme blush! Some of them can be a bit powdery at times. But for the color payoff and the cost, it's a non-issue. They have so many colors to choose from, and a nice variety of both matte and shimmer shades. I told myself I would be fine with one palette. Then I got a second. Now I have three. I couldn't get enough of them.
Wow - 3 palettes full! Egads! They must be a thing of beauty!

I decided to hold off getting a lot of them until I used up at least 5 or 10 of the blushes in my collex.

I'm trying to toe the line w/makeup purchases.

shontay07108

I'm obsessed with the Embryolisse moisturizer. It makes my normal/dry skin feel so good and hydrated and it serves as an incredible primer. Everything goes on much smoother. Real Techniques brushes. I have the foundation, blush, and concealer brushes. I have a couple of others b/c I bought them in sets, but those are the most useful. The new Rouge Allure lipsticks by Chanel. I bought 2 and I plan on hauling more. The perfect lipstick formula. MUFE Aqua Cream in Black. It's brand new and it's amazing. It can serve as a base or a liner. Creamier than their Aqua Black liner and won't dry out as fact. MUFE Aqua Rouge lipstick. The stain on one end and gloss on another. The best stain I've ever tried. Does not dry out your lips and does not move until you use makeup remover. MUFE Liquid Lift foundation. Great coverage, blendable and doesn't settle into laugh lines. My favorite foundation right now.

Fiberluver

I love Petals & Peacocks.

I was sad that it didn't make the By Request collex.

Perfect Topping is so lovely! I use mine sparingly!

I think that has to be one of the best msfs MAC made.

The finish is just lovely - smooth and soft. Not glittery at all.

CartoonChic

Wow - 3 palettes full! Egads! They must be a thing of beauty!

I decided to hold off getting a lot of them until I used up at least 5 or 10 of the blushes in my collex.

I'm trying to toe the line w/makeup purchases.
Lol, I couldn't help myself! I figure with the large color selection and the inexpensive cost, I couldn't go wrong.

Medgal07

Yea I'm definitely pink obsessed myself... Nars Schiap l/s is PHENOMINAL as r MAC Hue and Please Me lipsticks :)
Based on your recommendation I just ordered NARS SCHIAP. As a breast cancer survivor I've decided to wear PINK themed makeup for the entire month of October, breast cancer awareness month. I already have MAC's Hue & Please Me. If you have any eye/makeup looks to support my October project I'd love to hear them. Thanks so much. :eyelove:

Fiberluver

Based on your recommendation I just ordered NARS SCHIAP. As a breast cancer survivor I've decided to wear PINK themed makeup for the entire month of October, breast cancer awareness month. I already have MAC's Hue & Please Me. If you have any eye/makeup looks to support my October project I'd love to hear them. Thanks so much.
eyelove.gif
Medgal07, What a great idea. I'm definitely going to jump on that bandwagon!

Pink lippies for October!

kimibos

Based on your recommendation I just ordered NARS SCHIAP. As a breast cancer survivor I've decided to wear PINK themed makeup for the entire month of October, breast cancer awareness month. I already have MAC's Hue & Please Me. If you have any eye/makeup looks to support my October project I'd love to hear them. Thanks so much.
eyelove.gif
as a person with ulcerative colitis with a 70% chance of developing color cancer later in life . ill wear pink nails in october. please start a thread where we can all post pink looks in october. ill actually look for 31 pink polishes in my stash to do pink manis.

** i have an idea i hope you dont mind, why dont we do an awareness thread?

kimibos

onto the recent obsessions:

• liptars!!! i went from ordering nylon to ordering 6 to having a list of atleast 4 more!!
  • dr. marten boots!! this obsession is kind of expensive i purchased 2 from the liberty of london already and want the tall aggy that are $320 for my birthday and the neon pink ones as well.
  • the romantique trend for the fall. vampy lips, short sleek black hair, and thick bushy brows.
  • the maybelline color tattoo shadows!
  • soda stereo cds. an argentinian rock band
  • ohh and im always trying to make my madonna cd collection bigger. im done with the albums and now im with the singles.
  • mac blushes! i dont think ill ever hit pan at a single one.

Medgal07

as a person with ulcerative colitis with a 70% chance of developing color cancer later in life . ill wear pink nails in october. please start a thread where we can all post pink looks in october. ill actually look for 31 pink polishes in my stash to do pink manis.

** i have an idea i hope you dont mind, why dont we do an awareness thread?
Kimibos, I LOVE your idea! I'm aware of the challenges related to your illness and hope that you have in managed and controlled to the extent possible.
Should we start the 'AWARENESS THREAD' in September and continue to the end of October? 'Stand Up to Cancer,' a nationally televised fundraising event airs September 7th.

This was my favorite performance from the event in 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sgjHlF84Yc&feature=related
It's very inspiring.
heart.gif

Prettypackages

eyelove.gif
My mom is a breast cancer survivor, I'm joining in too!

Latest posts