Dark purple e/s...?

dollparts

Hi everyone =)
I have been trying to find a nice blackened purple or smokey purple eyeshadow to change up my look from day to day... but I don't even know if such a nice colour exists... can anyone recommend me a dark purple colour, even if not mac?
thanks so much!
xxxo
eyelove.gif

dollparts

Could anyone recommend to me a dark purple e/s or smokey purple e/s? I don't even know where to start, or if such a colour exists... thanks so much!!!!!!!!!
xxxo
eyelove.gif

SparklingWaves

Oh, I love purple. I own several purple shades.

By M.A.C. in the existing matte shades, I have Shadow Lady. This is a deep dry matte shade of purple.

In the new M.A.C. matte2, I have Graphology. This is a smooth texture matte shade of a dark purplish black.

In the M.A.C. limited edited edition, I have Thunder.
This is a mid tone frost purple.

In Bobbi Brown, I own a color called Eggplant.
This is a slight shimmer deep eggplant color.

You didn't ask for these. But, I am including them, because they are also a darker purple category. They are not eye shadows.

- M.A.C. pigment called Extremauve.
- M.A.C. shadestick in the color called Royal Hue (I believe this will be a discontinued item.)

MACATTAK

I agree with SparklingWaves about Entremauve. There is also Grape pigment, or Deep Purple pigment. Those are really dark purple shades.

dollparts

ok... so my next question... i have never ever ever touched pigments... where do i start? LOL.. i just never knew what to do with them.
Thanks so much ladies.... !!!!!
xxxo

MACATTAK

Pigments are my ultimate favorite. They have so many uses & will last you a lifetime. Depending on color of course, you can use them as blush, mix with a lipgloss, mix them together for your own unique shade, as eye shadow, in nail polish, as a highlighter. You can use them wet or dry too..wet is going to give you a bolder/brighter look. Some people get turned off because they are loose instead of pressed, but start with a small amount (maybe even put some in a small 3g or 5g jar so it's not so overwhelming, and just in case it drops) You can always build the color, and they are just so much fun to use. Most of them have awesome color payoff as well
smiles.gif

nunu

there are 3 different purples in the matte2 collection and they are all nice. i bought fig1 and poisen pen. check them out!

SparklingWaves

Agreeing with MacAttack. I know when I got one pigment. I just wanted more. Some people apply them over a paint, paint pot, or shadestick color like beiging.(spelling?). You apply them with a brush wet or dry.

Yes, like MacAttack, stated. The color pay off is great. Now, from the name of Extremauve, I thought it would be mauve. It's not. It's a dark purple with a mauve shimmer to me. That's the best I can explain it.

You may see a pigment called Smoke Signal. This one is a matte wine color to me. It's not purple. They are different. I just wanted to pass that on to you, because someone told me that Smoke Signal was purple. I don't agree with that description. It's wine or maroon matte shade.

Danapotter

I definately recommend Grape Pigment. I just bought it, so if you would like a big sample, just send me your address and I will send it for free!
wavey.gif

I love it, it looks great with Fuschia pigment, Pink Pearl pigment, Swish, Sushiflower, Parfait Amour, Beautiful Iris, Romping, Fig 1 and Plum Dressing!

cheerleader.gif

I bought my first pigment about two weeks ago, and now I have three!

Karen_B

All the MAC eyeshadows mentioned above are lovely, and Stila also makes a matte, dark purple I believe is called Dahlia.

Latest posts