Dark purple e/s...?

GothicGirl

I thought that the resurrection of my "purple report" might help; I´m NW15, and the remarks I
made are based on the result on my skin, with eyeshadow base.
Pigments
Deep Purple (PRO): This is not purple at all; it´s a dark burgundy in the pot, and it turns brown
on skin.
Rich Purple (PRO): Purplish-black matte. On skin, it´s almost black - I mean, you can see it´s a
very dark purple, but you have to look close. Blending it with other colors, the purple is a bit
more visible.
French Violet (PRO): Matte; beautiful medium-tone purple, my absolute favorite. A "photoshop"
purple, can be packed on if you want a darker result.
Violet: Bright medium-tone purple, not so purple as French Violet though. It seems to be a
favorite here in Specktra, and I can figure out why, because it is shimmery, bright and really
pretty, and it works with more skintones, but if you´re looking for PURPLE, then...Go with the
Pigment above.
Entremauve: LE dark purple, stunning, shimmery. This is what you expect a dark purple to be.
Eyeshadows:
Purple Haze: Matte true purple, very similar to French Violet, but this seems to be a tiny bit
darker.
Mystical Mist: d/c´d smoked dark purple, not so dark as Entremauve p/m, but very beautiful
nonetheless.
Jeweltone: LE purple, seems like Purple Haze with a bluish undertone. Pretty. Can be layered for
different results.
Nocturnelle: dark purple with a noticeable touch of pink-plum. Pretty, flatters most skintones,
which explains why so many girls rave about it. If you´re not too demanding about a "true
photoshop" purple and is open for the pinkish undertones, this may be a good choice.
Beauty Marked: Is that even purple? No, to me it´s blackish-burgundy. But it´s very nice; just
not purple.
Sattelite Dreams: it´s a pretty purple plum, but it´s light. It´s very soft in color.
Parfait Amour: don´t be mistaken by the prettiness in the pot, because this turns sheer lavender
on skin. You can try to wear the best shadow base ever, or to pack it on like crazy, it just
won´t do you any good. If you want the color in the pot to be in your eye, get Violet p/m.
Fertile: LE dark purple that turns a bit blackish on skin, making the result closer to soft black
than dark purple. At least for me, a dupe for this would be Bourjois eyeshadow in Noir Precieux.
Shadowy Lady: dark plum, not purple at all.
Sketch: for me it´s burgundy - and the same goes for the wine shades...
Shadestick:
Royal Hue: dark purple - ding ding ding! So beautiful...It´s similar to Entremauve in color.

dollparts

i was looking for the entremauve pigment, and i can't find it... is it discontinued?? I live in Canada, so things may be different... but this sounds like a big hit with people...
thank you to each and every one of you... I am now going to go through all the suggestions and pick up some purples!!!!!! you ladies rock hardcore =)
xxxo

Simply Elegant

Entremauve was LE.

Smashbox has one that I really love. It's matte but it's really nice. I forget the name but it's obvious which one it is since there isn't much of a range.

s0damnbeautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl
I thought that the resurrection of my "purple report" might help; I´m NW15, and the remarks I
made are based on the result on my skin, with eyeshadow base.
Pigments
Deep Purple (PRO): This is not purple at all; it´s a dark burgundy in the pot, and it turns brown
on skin.
Rich Purple (PRO): Purplish-black matte. On skin, it´s almost black - I mean, you can see it´s a
very dark purple, but you have to look close. Blending it with other colors, the purple is a bit
more visible.
French Violet (PRO): Matte; beautiful medium-tone purple, my absolute favorite. A "photoshop"
purple, can be packed on if you want a darker result.
Violet: Bright medium-tone purple, not so purple as French Violet though. It seems to be a
favorite here in Specktra, and I can figure out why, because it is shimmery, bright and really
pretty, and it works with more skintones, but if you´re looking for PURPLE, then...Go with the
Pigment above.
Entremauve: LE dark purple, stunning, shimmery. This is what you expect a dark purple to be.
Eyeshadows:
Purple Haze: Matte true purple, very similar to French Violet, but this seems to be a tiny bit
darker.
Mystical Mist: d/c´d smoked dark purple, not so dark as Entremauve p/m, but very beautiful
nonetheless.
Jeweltone: LE purple, seems like Purple Haze with a bluish undertone. Pretty. Can be layered for
different results.
Nocturnelle: dark purple with a noticeable touch of pink-plum. Pretty, flatters most skintones,
which explains why so many girls rave about it. If you´re not too demanding about a "true
photoshop" purple and is open for the pinkish undertones, this may be a good choice.
Beauty Marked: Is that even purple? No, to me it´s blackish-burgundy. But it´s very nice; just
not purple.
Sattelite Dreams: it´s a pretty purple plum, but it´s light. It´s very soft in color.
Parfait Amour: don´t be mistaken by the prettiness in the pot, because this turns sheer lavender
on skin. You can try to wear the best shadow base ever, or to pack it on like crazy, it just
won´t do you any good. If you want the color in the pot to be in your eye, get Violet p/m.
Fertile: LE dark purple that turns a bit blackish on skin, making the result closer to soft black
than dark purple. At least for me, a dupe for this would be Bourjois eyeshadow in Noir Precieux.
Shadowy Lady: dark plum, not purple at all.
Sketch: for me it´s burgundy - and the same goes for the wine shades...
Shadestick:
Royal Hue: dark purple - ding ding ding! So beautiful...It´s similar to Entremauve in color.

I agree!

Just a suggestion for Parfait Amour ... wear it over Royal Hue s/s. PA is my FAVORITE purple, but I only wear it over RH. Give ita shot! (I seriously went & bought 2 backups of the s/s when I found out it was being d/c'd)

nooeeyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollparts
Hi everyone =)
I have been trying to find a nice blackened purple or smokey purple eyeshadow to change up my look from day to day... but I don't even know if such a nice colour exists... can anyone recommend me a dark purple colour, even if not mac?
thanks so much!
xxxo
eyelove.gif

A NICE DEEP MATTE DARKENED PURPLE IS SIGNED AND SEALED (MAC). IF YOUR ARE CLOSE TO A MAC PRO STORE, YOU CAN ALSO TRY INDIAN INK WHICH IS A NICE PURPLE TO DO A SMOKEY PURPLE LOOK. DONT RULE OUT MAC'S BEAUTY MARKED AS WELL.

MAKE UP FOREVER HAS A COOL PURPLE..I THINK THE NUMBER IS #092.

yupitzTara

Fig 1 is a nice dark purple, but its more of a reddish purple. but if you add some Carbon, it darkens it just right.

I also like Top Hat from the starflash collection. Its a really nice dark purple. If you can get it, i say get it.

all the products i suggested are mac.

hope that helps.