De Menthe eye shadow

bellaetoile

does anyone know when de menthe came out/was discontinued? i just managed to find one at a somewhat decent price ($21), considering i've seen them at $30+ on ebay lately. is this going to become the next IT eyeshadow to have? it looks pretty, but is it really that rare?

toby1

I believe it's from about 5 years ago but I think it still pops up at the occassional CCO

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by panties
the texture is horrible

One of mine was baddly caked-up when I got it, so what I did was crush it up into a fine pigment-like powder and it's color payoff & application is incredible now! (Not to mention the texture problem is fixed) I'll be doing the same to my other DeMenthe pans too since I'm pretty sure they're just as caked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
does anyone know when de menthe came out/was discontinued? i just managed to find one at a somewhat decent price ($21), considering i've seen them at $30+ on ebay lately. is this going to become the next IT eyeshadow to have? it looks pretty, but is it really that rare?

It came out in Feb 2001 with the Cocktails collection:
http://www.specktra.net/2001_cock.php

Ada

I got mine on ebay for around $18 a couple of months ago, after searching for it for a very long time. It was definitely worht it. It's a gorgeous color and I've had no problems at all with the texture or pigmentation. I don't agree that it's similar to Steamy-- I have them side by side in my palette and De menthe is much greener.

bellaetoile

mrawrrr, i cannot WAIT for mine to come in the mail now. it looks like SUCH a gorgeous color! what is it with MAC discontinuing all their good greens? anyone have any looks with de menthe ON? color combo suggestions? i'm so excited about getting this shade..