Depots....Does MAC still take them for B2M?

wearecloudy

Just a quick question. I haven't been into the MAC store for almost 3 years. And, I need to know if they still take de-pots of eyeshadows? Like, I don't want to take the pan out of the eyeshadow case and then WHOOPS we don't take those anymore. I haven't called them yet. But, I may soon.

Also. If anyone goes to the Lexington KY MAC in Macy's or works there. And, can tell me. That would be even better!

:D

I want to take in like 8 depots along with 4 other items that I'm getting rid of (a zoomlash, an old duo, and a few broken shadesticks) and I just need to know if they still take the packaging.

I want my 2 free lippies. <3

Thanks for the help guys and gals.

lizzylu23

I was at my local mac yesterday and I b2m 24 containers = 4 lipsticks . I did depot part of my eyeshadow collection and I did not have a problem at all but PLEASE CALL YOUR LOCAL MAC STORE AND ASK BECAUSE A LOT OF STORES ARE REQUESTING THAT EYESHADOW CONTAINERS HAVE THE LITTLE METAL PAN!! Call and ask before you depot your eyeshadows. Hope this helps!! :)

wearecloudy

I'll call them now. Thank you so much! :D

Glad you got your free lippies. Congrats my fellow MACoholic! :D

I spoke to an MUA. A very nice one too! :D And, she said yes to the depots, the paint that I need to get rid of (my "Flammable" went baaaaaad) and my Colour Matters technikohl that has the end piece with the color swatch missing. (I hate that thing. Don't show up at all)

wearecloudy

That's what I'm doing. I've been huge on matte colors here lately and I don't own any from MAC at all.

I used to go for the satins and lustres all the time. LOL.

lizzylu23

Ohh lol yeah mattes are awsome ohhh and ask if you are able to b2m foe this collection since also not all mac stores are allowing ppl to b2m for these lipsticks. If they say that you can't, tell them that you called customer service and they told you that you can b2m for the retro matte lipsticks because they are not in special packaging.

wearecloudy

I'll ask them if I can. If not. I'll just buy the 2 I'm wanting and use my B2M's for Vegas Volt and another matte in the perm collection I like. :)

wearecloudy

How close is it to CB96? Which I have and love. .

Been meaning to ask someone that for a while.

EDIT: Gonna go with So Chaud instead. It's a matte and it's so pretty!!!

matchachoco

Hope this isn't too late, but CB96 is oranger and has a frostier finish, while Vegas Volt is pinker with a creamier finish.

wearecloudy

Another MUA told me otherwise. And, I'm not even gonna go now. They have ruined a chance at getting my business because of the crappy way they do B2M now.

I was gonna buy $60 worth too. But, forget about it.

wearecloudy

It's in Macy's. That's the only one they have here. And, they've taken my no pan depots plenty of times before. And, both girls I spoke to were from that store.

It just pisses me off so bad because if I had went ahead and depotted without calling about it again. I would have freaked.

EDIT: I called back. Asked for the manager. And, she said it was okay. She's gonna be working there Thursday anyways. So, I guess I need to get depotting. I changed my mind I'm going.

Also, that MUA I talked to before I talked to the manager was rude. I'm not afraid to say that.

lizzylu23

Omg that just really sucks. Just try to contact or have a chat with mac customer service and ask them if it is really required to have the metal pan in the eyeshadow container to b2m it. They will say you dont and screenshot it and then take it to the store and show them proof that they dont recycle those metal pans.

wearecloudy

It was worked out. Like I said. The manager said it was fine to bring them in without the pan. And, told me to tell the MUA that she said it was okay.